[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stone Cold Steve Austin on Kenny Omega.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: omega kenny.jpg (37KB, 640x295px) Image search: [Google]
omega kenny.jpg
37KB, 640x295px
>“I think he could be the next big thing in the United States, I think he could be the guy. First of all, if that’s what he wanted to do, if WWE brought him in and just gave him everything that he needed or pushed him in the way that he needed to be pushed. If it was a green light push and everything was all systems go on making Kenny Omega the guy then he can be the guy. What I mean by the ‘green light push’ is all systems go and he’s not in a box. Don’t prevent him from getting over, whatever he wants to do, let him go out there and do it the way it’s worked with Japan. With respect to his entertainment factor, I got a chance to see several of his high level matches; the ones with Okada. He’s been around the horn and can work his ass off. When you see him in the ring he can light it up with anybody.”

>“All of a sudden I got a chance to see some of those promos. He started firing off in Japanese and I was like holy s**t, I didn’t know this kid spoke Japanese because he’s Canadian. Then he started answering questions in English, I mean salt and pepper, there was venom behind his words. This was about a year ago and a lot of the conversation kept hinging on him saying pay me. I think he wants to do his cause over there or finish the mission. I don’t want to speak for him, but to get back to the point, when he started lighting up that microphone just with pitch, cadence and delivery and conviction, that’s when I was texting somebody that knows a lot about pro wrestling. I said I’ve never seen Kenny Omega talk, but the dude is money, he’s electricity. That’s what I think about this kid. If you were unleash that right now at 33 years of age … boom. As soon as you can get him, the fact that you have him as a draw in Japan already bringing him here I think he translates.”
>>
>>2843512
Steve needs to put his fucking money where his mouth is and start his own company instead of shitting around on his ranch and podcast.
>>
>>2843512
give Kenny the green light, give him everything you got
>>
File: kenny.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kenny.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>“I just think the guy is a lightning bolt and a great talent in the ring. When I say green light; it means take down all the walls and just let this kid do his thing. If you turn him loose on the microphone and let him do his thing, I just think he can be a huge hit in the United States and WWE.”

There you have it, /asp/. The greatest draw in professional wrestling history singing Kenny Omega's praises and speaking very highly of him. Is Stone Cold right about Kenny Omega? Will Kenny Omega go down in history as the GOAT? If there's someone who can recognize talent and ability to draw, it's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. What do you think, /asp/?
>>
The thing is, I think there are already many in the WWE who would also being doing much better with a "tear down all the walls green lit" push as well. But the WWE just doesn't do that anymore.
>>
>>2843529
>? If there's someone who can recognize talent and ability to draw, it's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.
Based on what evidence? All Steve does is ride the dick of the latest meme in wrestling, next year he will say the same shit about some meme manlet from LU
>>
File: 128937498211.jpg (291KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
128937498211.jpg
291KB, 680x1020px
>>2843512
>>2843523
>>2843524
>>2843529
AJ Styles is still better ya dweebs
>>
>>2843512
>watches one Kenny Omega match
>>
>>2843512

>First of all, if that’s what he wanted to do, if WWE brought him in and just gave him everything that he needed or pushed him in the way that he needed to be pushed. If it was a green light push and everything was all systems go on making Kenny Omega the guy then he can be the guy.

Things that will never, EVER happen for $500, Alex.

You could have said the same thing about:
>Seth Rollins
>Adrian Neville
>AJ Styles
>Karl Anderson
>Finn Balor
>AJ Styles
>Samoa Joe
>American Alpha
>AJ Styles
>Christopher Daniels
>AJ Styles

AJ Styles is better in the ring and was the single most over wrestler in the world, and the WWE fucked that up beyond all recognition. What makes Chrome Dome think they wouldn't ruin Omega too?
>>
Austin is just being obtuse at this point.

Everything he said was true of AJ, Namakura, Devitt and dozens of others. I understand that Vince and WWE gave Stone Cold everything he has but the guy needs to get the cock out of his ass and admit that it's not the same company it was. Austin is sitting there talking this make believe bullshit as if it was still the Attitude Era and any wrestler that signed with WWE has any control over their character or their promo. Kenny would not get over in current WWE. Austin, Rock, Punk, Foley, etc. etc. would not get over in current WWE. It would never happen. The problem is Vince, Triple H and Steph and you're just wasting your breathe if you're not addressing that.
>>
File: 129030932.jpg (160KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
129030932.jpg
160KB, 960x1024px
>Kenny going to WWE
that'd be a great way to say GOOD-BYE AND GOODNIGHT to his overness.

which is why he's not going there because he's smart enough to know he'll just become another guy stuck in the system. he's been there before so he already knows this.

kenny is going to save wrestling with NJPW
>>
>>2843535

There are a bunch of guys on the roster I love but Kenny's a better combination of look/size/skill/promos than anyone there right now.
>>
>>2843529
Kenny will appeal to Tumblr chicks because he fucks Kota Ibushi, he'll appeal to smarks because
>woah le 6 star Japan man
He'll appeal to casuals because he is such a big character
>>
>>2843537
>next year he will say the same shit about some meme manlet from LU
Shoot son, lemme tell you about this Mascarita Sagrada cat I saw...
>>
>>2843545
>Styles
>better in ring
Ever since he moved up to heavyweight, Omega has been more consistent than Styles ever was with higher highs than the highest highs of Styles. Everything else you said is true though.
>>
>>2843550
>which is why he's not going there because he's smart enough to know he'll just become another guy stuck in the system.
This logic just says that guys are scared to go to the WWE bc it will expose their extreme lack of knowledge for the business and reveal their not as good as they think they are.

It's like a guy willing to stay in the Euroleague where he can be the star of a team bc if he goes to the NBA he will be coming off the bench.

If you come to WWE from another promotion and are as good as the hype (AJ Styles, Dudley Boyz, Benoit, Jericho, Rey, Eddie) then you will thrive, succeed and get over.
>>
the instance he utters the phrase "wwe universe" hr's dead in the water like everybody else
>>
File: 547543.jpg (23KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
547543.jpg
23KB, 500x380px
Until Steve breaks all financial ties with WWE and is willing to acknowledge wrongdoing on the part of Vince and WWE when necessary he needs to shut the fuck up
>>
>>2843562

Did Styles ever nearly kill the top guy of a company by dropping him straight onto his head from the top rope by an incredibly stupid spot that should never have been attempted?

No?

AJ is better.
>>
File: wwedronesvtriggered.gif (2MB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
wwedronesvtriggered.gif
2MB, 365x205px
There are some wrestlers whose charisma and wrestling style, no matter how great they may be, just don't translate in WWE. Just ask your boy Nakamura.

Would you rather see a neutered Omega cutting cringey scripted promos and having five minute comedy matches on Smackdown against James Elsworth or an unfiltered Omega sayin whatever he wants and going 60+ minutes against Okada or Ibushi?

Omega should stay in NJPW.
>>
>>2843589

>AJ Styles
Debuted huge, jobbed to Jericho, turned heel, jobbed to Roman, is now a midcarder lost in the shuffle
>Dudley Boyz
Returned huge, glimpses of decency in the New Day feud, promptly went nowhere because WWE Creative is the worst at things
>Benoit and Eddie
Both died a death
>Jericho
Demoted to Steph's dog walker, later recovered because he is one of the very few guys in the company allowed any creative freedom, promptly lost to a comedy jobber fat ass.
>Rey
Buried so hard that Vince refused to let him be called the Heavyweight Champion when he was the Heavyweight Champion. Then driven out of the company over bullshit Wellness strikes

Try again, retard.
>>
>>2843632
Did Styles ever nearly kill several co workers by dropping them straight on their necks from an incredibly stupid finisher that should never been attempted?

Yes he did. Put 3 guys in a hospital and dropped Tenzan on his head. ALL IN ONE YEAR.

AJ is a hack.
>>
>>2843641
>Reaching this fucking hard
Explain Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth, all were indy darlings that got over and experienced incredible success in WWE.
>>
>>2843651
Seth was not an indy darling. The guy was pretty much shit in ROH.
>>
>>2843589
5/6 of your examples are guys jumping from WCW/ECW during a time when WWF was open to taking in new talent, and giving them some leeway to get over.

They gave AJ his moment in the spotlight last year to try and make him seem important and make the smarks happy. Now he's just a good company guy who's going to be putting over Vince's chosen stars. And AJ is fine with that because he's just happy to be there.
>>
>>2843632

Lol AJ is one of the stiffest guys in the business you fucking idiot. He's far more dangerous than Kenny. AJ can just get away with it because all of the youngsters in WWE worship him and all want to prove how tough they are.
>>
>>2843655
>The guy was pretty much shit in ROH.
The fuck are talking about? Tyler Black was the last good World Champ ROH had.
>>
>>2843656
Well.. He has done anything at this point in his career. Dont know if he cares about getting a main event at mania.
But looking at his resume, he does not need this. He has already archived anything there is in this business.
>>
File: Okada_Austin_JR_Barnett.jpg (470KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Okada_Austin_JR_Barnett.jpg
470KB, 2048x1536px
All of a sudden E drones hate Stone Cold Steve Austin, The greatest WWE talent and merchandise seller of all time. I'm starting to think WWE really is a cult.
>>
>>2843545
If someone is over, they don't need a push.
AJ doesn't need a belt to draw big dimes, unlike most holding top belts.

your complaints are like asking why doesn't the coyote stop ordering from ACME. It's a tv show not real fighting.
>>
>>2843674
>He has already archived anything there is in this business
Except win the Rumble and main event mania
>>
>>2843535
This. And I say this as a Kenny mark.
>>
>>2843638
this.
Young Bucks on the other hand would be perfect for WWE. Their pace would blow people's minds and i think they could work PG if they just went a little goofier.
>Hot Sauce instead of thumbtacks.
>>
>>2843632
do you not remember the whole 'styles clash should be banned' discussion because AJ was injuring people when he first started in NJ
>>
>>2843726
Try legos and sugar free gummy bears
>>
>>2843535
This. If you dont fit into hhh and stephs plans then they just bury you. Wwe is a joke company now.
>>
>>2843761
Everything has to be finalized by Vince, HHH and Steph have no power on who gets pushed or buried on Raw or SD unless they agree with Vince.
>>
>>2843651
They got lucky as fuck. Hell vince, hhh, and Steph bent over backwards to.bury Daniel. They eventually had to let him get traction bc they couldn't ignore his following. And even after all that they still tried to fuck him. And with punk the minute he started getting mainstream attention cool rebel badass went over him and destroyed the attention he was getting.
>>
>>2843767
I'm so sick of hearing this, hhh and Steph have his ear way more then people realize. Yes Vince does have final say lets not pretend he makes sound creative judgements anymore.
>>
>>2843729
>do you not remember the whole 'styles clash should be banned' discussion because AJ was injuring people
quite literally every instance of people getting injured was a case of people taking it wrong, apparently he even reminds people how to take it before every match, blaming him is pretty ridiculous
>>
Has Austin tried saying the word "Kazuchika" yet?
>>
>>2843512 Yeah, WWE is really good at letting wrestlers do and say whatever they want.
>>
>>2843541
how? kenny has a better look, and is better in ring, AND has more charisma

what does your vanilla midget have over him
>>
>>2843545
american alpha will never draw a dime? theyre the most vanilla tag team in the division, of all the good tag teams right now why pick them

also top kek at karl anderson
>>
>>2843550
half the reason hes so over is he isnt in wwe

if he joins them all the smarks will turn on him, which is most of his fanbase. they like him because hes the golden goose, the one thing they have over wwe that wwe want. once he leaves theyll just go onto another indie guy. probably cawdy.

also ive seen his mic work and its roman tier desu
>>
>>2843535
But when there are 10 guys who can be the guy, and each person wants a different one to be that guy, its hard to just push one to the moon and leave the other 10 as jobbers when they can do just as well with the push

wwe is so stacked with talent and somebody has to be the midcard. theres nothing wrong with being midcard in wwe
>>
>>2843641
But the difference there is the AJ jobbed to jericho, wheras both would be the champs in any other organization. Would you rather be a medium fish in the only bowl that matters, or king of the nobodies?
>>
>>2843682
kek stone cold pretty much fluked his way to greatness. he was good, but it was a lot of luck. talent wise and total package wise hes not fit to lace the rocks boots
>>
>>2843848
>but it was a lot of luck
What luck?
>>
>>2843868
If the Curtail Call didn't happen HHH wins KOTR instead of Austin in 1997
>>
>>2843834
This, except he actually is good on the mic. You went too far calling him Roman tier
>>
File: 234342343434.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
234342343434.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>“I think he could be the next big thing in the United States, I think he could be the terrorist. First of all, if that’s what he wanted to do, if ISIS brought him in and just gave him everything that he needed or pushed him in the way that he needed to be pushed. If it was a green light push and everything was all systems go on making Abduhl ahari the guy then he can be the guy. What I mean by the ‘green light push’ is all systems go and he’s not in a box. Don’t prevent him from getting blown up, whatever he wants to do, let him go out there and do it the way it’s worked with Syria. With respect to his explosion factor, I got a chance to see several of his high level bombings; the ones with Osama. He’s been around the horn and can work his ass off. When you see him in the public he can light it up with anybody.”

>“All of a sudden I got a chance to see some of those ISIS videos. He started firing off in English and I was like holy s**t, I didn’t know this kid spoke English because he’s Arabic. Then he started answering questions in Arabic, I mean salt and pepper, there was venom behind his words. This was about a year ago and a lot of the conversation kept hinging on him saying pay me. I think he wants to do his cause over there or finish the mission. I don’t want to speak for him, but to get back to the point, when he started lighting up those explosives just with pitch, cadence and delivery and conviction, that’s when I was texting somebody that knows a lot about terrorist attacks. I said I’ve never seen Abduhl Ahari talk, but the dude is explosive, he’s electricity. That’s what I think about this Muslim. If you were unleash that right now at 33 years of age … boom. As soon as you can get him, the fact that you have him as a terrorist in Syria already bringing him here I think he translates.”
>>
>>2843512
>going through that 14 minute stretch of conversation and typing out all of Austin's lines praising Kenny
please have sex
>>
>>2843537
It's seems more like he's such a big fan that anything that's working remotely well is over with him. He can still point out flaws but anything that comes off as competent works for him.

Also, he's the first to admit that during his time he would tell you when something wasn't working but couldn't always tell you what would work instead.
>>
>>2843512
After all the hype watched his match at Wrestle Kindom this year.
Never seen a NJPW match before this in my life.
Never will again.
It wasn't bad, but it was a fucking spotfest.
>RAINMAKER.
>RAINMAKER.
>RAINMAKER.
>RAINMAKER.
>RAINMAKER.

I've seen Jeff Hardy wrestle matches as good with less spot moves.
>>
>>2843645
AJ is the real fucking shooter brother he beat Minoru Suzuki. ya don't want none ya ding dong diddily goof
>>
>>2843512
Sad to see Steve Austin being consumed by wrestling bubble.
>>
>>2843841
I half agree with this.

I think a lot of the frustration over the current WWE product stems from the company having the most talented roster they've had in a generation and doing seemingly nothing with it.

If they want to script everything and have their sponsor-safe promos, whatever. But lets the guys and girls go when it's time to go. There are so many potential dream or show-stealing matches on the roster but they maybe happen in one out of every five PPVs. Instead it's all running the ropes, diving, and signature spots while Cole drones on about social media or KFC with an untouched diet Mt. Dew in front of him.

It's completely lost that feeling of a sports presentation. Midcard WWE used to feel like starting for a shitty NFL team. You suck, but only in comparison to the best in the world. Now, no one seems all that different from anyone else so those midcard fights don't feel like they mean anything.
>>
>>2843546
AJ, Nakamura, and Balor are not electric on the mic. In fact, they suck. So does Seth, Roman, Dean, Orton, Bray, Jinder, and everyone else in the WWE including John Cena.
>>
>>2844022
>the most talented roster they've had in a generation
this meme really needs to stop
>>
>>2843537
This. He was dick riding cm punk too not that long ago.

Stone Cold is just an out of touch old man trying to be hip with the kids by bandwagoning meme wrestlers
>>
>>2844512
Punk was the last true star WWE created. They've been trying to recreate him by signing indy geeks for 6 years now without realizing what made Punk great. He was so over that Bryan got a meme run by proxy. He was great on the mic, put on good matches and was believable

But no, Stone Cold and the entire wrestling industry is wrong and you're right about le XD CM JUST MAN PHIL
>>
>>2843524
WHOA WHOA WHOA

OOOEEEOOOEEEOOOOEEEOOOEEEOOOH OH OH
>>
>>2844542
>Punk was the last true star WWE created.
hey phil!
>>
File: bnb.gif (191KB, 498x330px) Image search: [Google]
bnb.gif
191KB, 498x330px
>>2843537
>Next year
>Lucha Underground
>>
>>2843545
>Karl Anderson
Is MACHINE GUN really that good? I've only ever seen him in WWE, I know he's better than that but I didn't know he was comparable to those guys.
>>
>>2844606
If he had stayed in japan he'd be in Kenny Omega's spot right now
>>
>>2844547

Would mark hard if this was Kenny's WWE theme
>>
Steve has laid out the problem with modern wrestling himself: The whole show is locked down by creative. We could have an attitude era 2.0 roster sitting back there right now, but they have no pathway to rise and become as iconic as their predecessors.

There will be no next big thing until Vince is ready to metaphorically kick the advertisers in the nuts and tell the wrestlers to go wild, or until some other promotion that's got it right catches fire.
>>
>anti-smarks seething

The greatest draw the industry has ever seen knows Kenny Omega is the fucking shit. Omega will go down as a GOAT himself.
>>
GIVE KENNY THE GREEN LIGHT CUZ HES READY TO GO
>>
>>2843651

>Seth

Oh yeah, they haven't totally ruined him as a credible wrestler and character with stupendously incompetent booking.
>>
>>2843826

Confirmed for having never seen them in NXT. They're shit now because the main roster has the Midas Touch, only in reverse. Everything it touches turns to shit.

They are both young, very athletic, and pretty fucking good in the ring for how new they both are, relatively speaking. Either the road agents or the writing staff, or both, on the main roster are total shit.
>>
>>2843841

This is a false dichotomy. The options aren't Main Eventer and Jobber. In competent promotions, or even Lucha Underground, non-main-eventers are still capable of looking like badass stars.

>>2844022

No one seems different from anyone else because everyone is cutting the same style of sponsor-safe promo written by the same group of utter fools. That the WWE insists that everyone wrestle exactly the same type of match in most instances just compounds the problem.
>>
>waaaaah pwease join Vince's circus MUH WWE MUH DRAW
Fucking pathetic. Kenny will NEVER join 'E, he will make it big in US but it will be in New Japan.
>>
but he's a faggot
>>
>>2845069
so are you anonymous-chan
>>
>>2844045
Dean is fucking incredible on the mic when he's allowed to be, he's just never given anything good and has since given up and become way too worn down from the schedule to care. His indy promos are legit as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGOY-jeYwI
>>
>>2843512

Every Kenny Omega thread until you fucking marks get the goddamn picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_qRfhCy5Y
>>
>>2845096
shit dean was cool back then
>>
>>2845175
S E E T H I N G
>>
Why listen to stone cold when you can get better insight from virgin autist collectives on mongolian anime boards? The rattlesnake needs to shut up and let the experts decide this one
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.