[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE 2K18 will be Great!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: WWE-2k18-Kurt-Angle.jpg (295KB, 1024x1305px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-2k18-Kurt-Angle.jpg
295KB, 1024x1305px
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-2k18-developer-summit-new-changes-game/
>>
fuck off its gonna be the same boring, slow paced, no drawing piece of shit vidya game it's been since 2k took over
>>
Not gonna lie, all of that sounds really fucking good.

>Much better graphics engine
>EIGHT PERSON MATCHES
>NBA style commentary
>Shorter career with choices and free roam
>>
>>2840458
This. Fat smarks ruined wrestling games because they wanted it to he slow paced and boring as fuck
>>
>>2840458
>he doesn't enjoy a 2hr chain wrestling match
>>
>>2840479
>>2840458
2K wrestling games allow to play smarter matches than ever. This series is designed for people who enjoy the art of wrestling, not spastic rednecks who are into button-mashing.
>>
>>2840479

>smarks ruined wrestling games
>their favorite game is No Mercy
>>
>>2840507

This is bait. It's the same mash fest as ever, just slower. KoC2 is the only genuinely tactical wrestling game I've played.
>>
>>2840450
We'll see.

>>2840479
Retard
>>
And people keep falling for this.
>>
is benoit in this game?
>>
Sounds really good on paper, but so did 2k15, 16 and 17. Optomistic since they're not doing last gen ports this year, but it's a cautious optomism.
>>
>>2840591
Oh and also, they flat out fucking lied last year. They said there was a "Suplex City" mode to replace the showcase mode, since Brock's showcase would have featured too many wrestlers they couldn't include in the game (angle, hogan, punk) so they were making a new Brock mode to make up for it. That flat out didn't happen. So I'm gonna take everything here with a grain of salt, but if they stick to their promises this time it sounds like it'll be good.
>>
>>2840583
Of course! Benoit did nothing wrong. He'll be DLC for sure.
>>
But what will be removed from the game that nobody asked for it to be
>>
File: 848.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
848.png
205KB, 659x525px
>get sorta hyped for a new WWE game reading the previews and features
>game comes out to lukewarm reception
>read reviews and watch gameplay videos
>looks okay but ultimately decide not to get it and to just wait till next year's version of the game
>this has been going on for years
>last WWE game I bought/played was Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Will this be the year I finally cave in?
>>
>>2840604
2k16 was great and didnt remove anything from 15, only built on it. 17 was a buggy fucking mess and the create mode removed fucking body sliders for some ungodly reason. They had better add those fucking things back in.
>>
>>2840450
Sounds good but I'll wait until I see footage. If they can deliver new features without them being broken to fuck that would be nice.
>>
>>2840611
I'd pay a bit more attention this year if I were you, since they aren't doing a 360/ps3 version this year for the first time since 2006. That means they don't have to split their efforts between two games which winds up being one half assed roster up date and one buggy mess with half assed new "features". They've flat out lied before like stated in >>2840591 >>2840598 but if they keep their promises from this preview it should be the best one since they stopped the Smackdown Vs Raw series.
>>
I JUST WANT A FUCKING SEASON MODE WITH STORYLINES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2840450
These games can be frustrating as fuck but I really enjoy them overall desu.
>>
File: ReallyPepe.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
ReallyPepe.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>2840458
So just like the real WWE?
>>
>>2840450
>revamped visuals and audio, said to be a striking improvement over 2K17
>commentary finally being overhauled, fresh lines for the first time in years
>eight man matches
This does sounds like a genuine upgrade for once. I hope it delivers.
>>
>>2840619
I agree. Face presets would be nice too.
>>
>>2840611
>he didnt cave in with 12 best game since raw 07-08
>>
>>2840681
12 was shit and it was just a copy paste of svr 11 with tweaked controls.
13 was a literal copy paste of 12 with some weird ref glitch.
14 was the best of "that" era of wwe games from probably 2010-2014, had the most diverse roster and create modes and had bug improvements from 13 and some more fluid animations between moves. 12, 13 and 14 are basically all the same game though, just becoming slightly less buggy each time.
>>
Sounds kinda like Yukes are playing less of a role in development this year compared to Visual Concepts. Good. They should be phased out entirely one day.
>>
>>2840632
SvR 07 was GOAT
>>
>>2840670
I guess a few to choose from would be cool. The new face morphing is the best it's ever been though, but it's time consuming as fuck to get anything halfway decent or realistic, so maybe make a "basic" morph option like the old games then an advanced option with the autistic bezier curves and 30 points with 30 sliders each or whatever from 2k17. Body morphing being gone fucking killed me though.
>>
>>2840695
HCTP and SYM were my favorites. The branching story was GOAT.
>tag team with RVD
>he turns heel and betrays me because I ate the last slice of pizza on the tour bus

>vince injects the NWO into the wwe, get full cutscenes of him teasing it for weeks before they finally debut in their NWO gear, can join or feud with them

>big show releases a book and promotes it on smackdown
>come out and expose him for using a ghostwriter

>walk around back stage and see wrestlers just standing around, can do side-missions for them or just flat out attack them

they really just need to bring this back. Free roam in career mode sounds promising though, as long as it's not like SVR 11's """Free""" """""roam"""" where you're in a hall and can't actually do anything other than walk.
>>
>>2840689
>most solid controls since 07
>a good roster
>universe mode was awesome
>an actual storyline mode
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>2840703
Yes, and 14 was a better version of that with less bugs.
>>
>>2840705
No it wasn't, 2k games play like absolute garbage compared the previous ones.
>>
>>2840695
BIG TRAIN ROLLIN DOWN THE LIHINE
MAKES ME LONELY
>>
>>2840458
This.

Every year they say this shit, and every year it ends up the same fucking game.
>>
>>2840711
2k14 was a THQ game retard. The only thing 2k did was slap the 2k name on it because it was already developed when they bought the IP. It's literally a less buggy version of wwe 13 and wwe 12.
>>
>>2840711
the last gen versions of the game have all been copy-pastes of wwe 12 with updated rosters. go look up gameplay they've been using the same models since 2011. the gameplay is basically untouched. they don't add any new features.

The only thing added to 2k17 on 360/ps3 was backstage brawls, but even that wasn't a new area it was just the old back stage brawl area from 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nScMoiYGrIE
>>
>It will also introduce character archetypes with Fighting Styles, where you will determine if your create-a-wrestler will be a technician, a flyer, a giant … and these choices will put clear restrictions on what your character is and isn’t capable of doing within the game.

Great, but this isn't new - the Smackdown series had this 15+ years ago. Well not restrictions, but moves that did more damage depending on your CAW's "logic" - technician, rough neck, power, etc.
>>
>>2840734
it's new to the wwe 2k series, and even back then you'd still get rey powerbombing big show and the great khali doing huricanranas
>>
>>2840744

In SvR? I didn't play those, I think Shut Your Mouth introduced the "heavyweight/light heavyweight" difference so that smaller wrestlers couldn't lift the Big Show. Might've been HCTP.

I remember this because for some reason I made my CAW a light heavyweight and everytime I went up against the Undertaker or anyone else big I had to rely on aerials or striking.
>>
>>2840755
It was Here Comes the Pain. Also Bra and Panties matches made their debut too.
>>
>>2840780

Ah, HCTP was great.
>>
File: SYM Booker T hidden entrance.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SYM Booker T hidden entrance.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>2840782
it really fucking was
>go back stage
>wander into the parking lot
>start driving takers bike
>can strangle people while you're driving the bike and toss them around and drag them from the speeding motor cycle
>enter the locker room
>break down a wall to find hidden gym
>hop on tread mill and start running to generate finisher stock pile
loved that game. And SYM when you could climb the smackdown fist and literally fight in times square, including jumping from a helicopter for arieal moves.

video games used to be so fun what happened
>>
>>2840802
>wwn get fun hidden unlockable entrances again
>>
>>2840802
>video games used to be so fun what happened

IT'S THE MOST REALISTIC WWE TELEVISION EXPERIENCE, ANON
>>
File: 20170520194558_1.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170520194558_1.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>>2840804

Also the parts for making Darth Vader in SYM.

I actually like the CAW mode in 2k17 more but the game itself is shallow compared to HCTP.
>>
>>2840627

When they stopped making SD/Raw games for PS2/Wii, people thought they'd get better. They did not.
>>
File: SYM Goldust hidden entrance.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SYM Goldust hidden entrance.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>2840805
Yeah but in general. easter eggs and unlockables are dead now in vidya. What used to be a fun little thing to find and laugh at is now "haha wouldn't it be funny if we turned the pistols into water guns?! buy the silly summer fun expansion pack for $5.99 today!"

The closest we got to this kind of thing in recent years was the Terminator's entrance with the giant warp ball and that was, you guessed it, DLC
>>
>>2840815
2k16 had a better caw system than 17. More or less the same facial options and way more customization with the body sliders, even with the lack of as many costume pieces as 17 has, 16 had much more to work with
>>
>>2840818
That's because THQ were fucking incompetent and people bought the games regardless of them sucking because they got good reviews. Everyone shit on 17 and they're eager to win people back. Maybe I'm just niave.
>>
>>2840824
>The closest we got to this kind of thing in recent years was the Terminator's entrance with the giant warp ball and that was, you guessed it, DLC

Content like that should never be DLC because they're not actually "real" if that makes sense - like when Paradox Interactive released a DLC for CK2 where an imagined "Aztec invasion of Europe" takes place, it was mocked and I think Paradox even apologised for it.

>>2840827

Hm I never played it but that does sound better.
>>
>Not skipping WWMeme and getting Fire Pro World

LOL
>>
>>2840832
16 was overall a MUCH better game than 17. Far less bugs. Only thing that's missing is caw clothing and back stage brawls, but the brawls were fucking garbage in 17 anyway.
>>
>>2840824
The most recent case of straight up "Find this hidden Easter Egg" I can think off is walking through a wall to find a cake in the X-Men Origins Wolverine game.

Fuck.
>>
>>2840467
>EIGHT PERSON MATCHES

About fucking time. Even Just Bring It had 8 person matches, and that was a PS2 game from 2001.
>>
>>2840835
>pixelshit
>2017
i'll pirate it but it's gonna need to come out of early access and people are gonna need to get cracking on them custom rosters before I buy
>>
>>2840838
To be fair GTA does still have some of them, like the big foot and the space ship in 5 and the statue of happiness's beating heart in 4, but they're few and far in between these days.

Shit like Jason Voorhees and Leatherface being in Mortal Kombat used to be "unlockable character" tier but now it's "buy these 3 fighters for $10"
>>
>>2840839
To be fair you really can't compare the games from then to now. The models are much more demanding. That being said it seems like they kept it to 6 becuase they were making the last gen version then "upgrading" it for the current gen versions, so hopefully that does see an improvement.
>>
>>2840824
>>2840838
You guys never play Rockstar Games like GTA and Red Dead? Their open world games are filled with literally hundreds of easter eggs. I'm sure other companies do the same.
>>
>>2840824

That T1 Terminator entrance was my favourite thing these games have done in years.
>>
>>2840844

It's a lost art.

GTA5 had FUCKTONS of easter eggs though, I'm glad Rockstar still do it.
>>
>>2840844
GTA is one of the few that still includes easter eggs, but rockstar games are still 3-4 years apart at this point. Most other "easter eggs" in current day games consist of a reference to something else in a line of text or something.
>>
Will their be an option to have foot worship matches with lexi?
>>
>>2840450
Are they releasing it for past gen consoles?
I heard that's what limited aspects of current gen WWE games because it was ported and they didn't want to create two entirely different versions of the same game.
>>
wwe games have been shit since hctp, it's a dead series
>>
>>2841022

The article suggests that they're redoing much of the game because its only being developed for current gen and PC.
>>
>>2841027
It's not coming out for pc kek
>>
>>2841056
https://twitter.com/wwegames/status/778937473330061313?lang=en
>>
File: 1498560135900.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498560135900.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
They say the same shit every year

>its gonna be good we promise

I miss the days when wwe games were arcade style..I dont care about a wrestling sim
>>
Why can't they just bring back SDvR07 style gameplay
>>
All I want is for the Royal Rumble camera to be facing the entrance so I can see the next person running in.
>>
>>2841071
I wish there could be two concurring franchises, the 2K series and the All-Stars series, so they can cover the simulation and arcade bases.
>>
>>2841186
This.
It was great in the earlier games, someone's music would hit, they would come out and taunt and then head to the ring. Now the music hits and they just appear after a few seconds.

Also, RR related, it would be great if they added in teleporting entrances, like the Undertaker.
>>
>>2840507
Its meant to be played by mentally challenged 40 year old spergs like you. Shit is boring as fuck.
>>
>>2841186
Remember when all the games were like this for every match? I always wondered why they used that angle for video games despite hard camera being to the left
>>
File: 1499127127064.jpg (48KB, 431x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499127127064.jpg
48KB, 431x400px
>>2840450
>We will never have another fun arcade wrasslin game like HCTP
>>
>>2840450
WWE has been shit in games for years. Its as bad and corny as the actual show.
>>
Anybody else HATE the current submission system? I bought 16 and ended up skipping 17 because I couldn't get the hang of it.

I wish they'd add the option of switching to the old button masher submissions.
>>
>>2841288
Isn't it just button mashing? I completely forget
>>
>>2841293
>>2841288
Regardless though, in the Gamespot preview they said most people didn't like the submission system and it's changed for the new game.

Can't be worse than the EA UFC games submissions.
>>
>>2840450
I just want a mode where I can create my own matches without having to deal with the AI or another player and the awkward animations that they use to transition things. Give me a way to simulate an actual match, like I can take control of all wrestlers to manipulate their positioning and trigger specific moves. Basically choreograph an entire match, and save it to upload for others to watch and rate.
>>
>>2840450
If the computer still tries to pin you after literally every single move once your health turns yellow, it will still suck.
>>
>>2840450
I recently bought a PS4 and 2K16 was one of the games I got with it.
I was surprised how different it was from the N64 WWF games I used to play. Too slow.
Might grab 2K18 since they closed the online to 2K16 like a week after I got my PS4.
>>
>>2841307
autism
>>
>>2841307
Fantasy booking mode would be fun to watch on youtube
>>
>>2841258

Probably because they spent all that time modelling the stages and wanted them to be featured enough. Plus crowds used to look shit so the less of them you saw, the better.
>>
>>2841307

Kind of surprised this isn't the case, 2k seems obsessed with heading towards a 'simulator' direction instead of the old arcade style.

once in 2k17 I accidently forgot to pick a side during the loading screen of a match and decided to just watch the AI go at it and I saw them doing things that I didn't know how to do, like one guy pushing the other towards the turnbuckle at the start of the match. I have no idea how to do that in the game, it looked realistic.
>>
>>2841337
No more autistic than playing a bad 'fighting' game that is based on fake fighting.
>>2841339
People attempt it already, just give them the tools to make it less shit.
>>2841345
It's weird how hard it is to make a match look good when you'd expect that to be the main goal of a game based on something as theatrical as pro wrestling. It's way too clumsy.
>>
>>2841295
I haven't played the UFC games, but I've read several complaints that they use nearly the same submission system.
>>
>>2840734
These games are now pretty much nothing more than slowly reintroducing shit that shouldn't have been taken away to begin with.
>>
>>2841186
RR is apparently getting revamped this year so maybe they'll let you choose
>>
>>2841464
They do that bullshit on purpose. Reintroduce an old feature (that had been taken away) each year so chumps have a reason to buy the new one.
>>
>>2841288
You can change it to button mashing in the menu. Although, the submission system will always cater to the guy doing the move. If the targeted limb is red, you are fucked and don't have a chance
>>
>>2841479
In 17? There wasn't an option in 16.
>>
>>2841498
Yeah, it's noticeably better but still quite a pain in the ass
>>
>>2841448
It's not even close to the same thing
>>
>>2841448
It's quite different
>>
If it ain't vpw or fpw it ain't worth playin.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.