[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

>>
>Everyone that criticizes his work is a troll.

That WWE mentatily.
>>
>>2831624
based JR working the weebs into a shoot
>>
In the defense of trolls, JR was pretty bad on commentary this weekend even with basic shit. He mixed up a bunch of names (called Bushi, EVIL for example) and called the Tempura Boys the Teriyaki Boys.
>>
>>2831649
>and called the Tempura Boys the Teriyaki Boys.

But THAT IS a better name
>>
>Defiant cowards
>Trolls

Lol people have enough respect for him not to tag his sad old ass when they discuss his embarrassing performance. He can't stop searching for himself so he gets mad anyway.

Worked
>>
File: vince-mcmahon3.jpg (48KB, 615x300px) Image search: [Google]
vince-mcmahon3.jpg
48KB, 615x300px
>It's the fans that are wrong, not me.
>>
y'all cowards rarely even use @JRsBBQ. whats up wit dat?
>>
>>2831657
it's already the name of a band unfortunately
>>
>>2831657
He literally can not stop thinking about bbq
>>
>>2831722
kek
>>
People are mad if you talk shit while tagging them.
People are mad if you talk shit and don't tag them.
>>
>>2831657
Based JR fucking kek
>>
>>2831624
>people turning on good ol JR because he called the young cuck's botch
pathetic
>>
>>2831624
It means he's a hack who should be retired already.
>>
>Trent Romero
>>
based jr working the smarks
>>
>>2831755
I always thought it was bad form to tag somebody with negativity. Twitter is open for people to comment about something but you don't have to bring it to somebody doorstep.
>>
>>2831762
Based Young Bucks fans. Working that Stamford Wife into tears.
>>
>>2831649
I actually liked his commentary. The mistakes were fine, because Barnette was mostly able to carry that side of things. If Barnette hadn't been there, maybe I'd have a different opinion. As it was, JR just brings a certain mood to the show from a time when I really loved wrestling.

If you don't have nostalgia for JR, I completely understand hating his commentary. Nostalgia is literally the only reason why JR gets commentary gigs anymore. It's why any company uses the same commentators over a long period of time: familiar voices are comforting and make it easier to watch. NJPW were banking on people recognising the former voice of the WWF/E, and that making it easier for a new audience to accept NJPW. They didn't hire him because of his talent.
>>
>>2831624
>Cowards
What were you going to do JR if they did @? Track them down and beat them up? Argue that you commentary wasn't shit?
>>
>>2831649
>>2834690
I name errors are blown WAY out of proportion. He literally only mixed up EVIL with Sanada and Zach with Ospreay, Barnett did the same with the latter. He didn't fine otherwise. He was far and away better than when he did Wrestle Kingdom 9 a few years ago. He did especially well for the big matches and definitely brought a good feel for it on commentary. He and Barnett did fine.
>>
>>2834690
>>2834690
The mistakes weren't fine, Imagine if your first taste of NJPW was Jim ross barely knowing anybodys name and repeating the same fucking stories over 2 days, you'd think its bush league shit rather than it simply being an old man past his prime who probably can't even remember his address, commentating the New Japan product for like 2 years and confusing Bushi and Evil is fucking shameful and he deserves to be eviscerated for it
>>
>>2834708
>He didn't fine otherwise
Bullshit. He was as lost as a deer in the headlights, he had no idea what were the big spots in matches he was supposed to react to, Jay Lethal hit the Lethal Injection and JR was like "He got some extra air with that springboard for that cutter... Oh, he won" and it was like that through the whole thing.

Not to mention the pure inanity of some of his commentary, like "These Ingobernables are like a NWO or DX-lite", I get it wanting to give people unfamiliar with the product some recognizable points of reference, but that's a shit comparison and adding in "lite" is just burying the stable.
>>
>>2834715
No seriously JR was way better on this than he was on old Wrestle Kingdoms. I get your ire for him saying LIJ are nWo and DX knockoffs because that is Bullet Club.
>>
>>2834738
It wasn't as bad as the WK9 commentary is as low as a bar as you can get especially when he's been doing this for 2 years
>>
>>2834715
i understand you being triggered because those things you mention irk me too, but overall he still did alright imo. you can do worse and you can do better. i don't know what first time viewers thought of it, i don't even know if there really was anyone watching that already hadn't seen an NJPW show. But he and Barnett had a much more live, unrehearsed genuine quality to it that compared to say, the awful manufactured commentary of Phillips and JBL.
>>
Maybe if Vince was on the headset giving him info...
>>
>>2834775
>i don't know what first time viewers thought of it, i don't even know if there really was anyone watching that already hadn't seen an NJPW show
lol? This was pushed hard by all parties involved, was even advertised on Times Square, even more reason whys theres no room for a guy who can't remember guys names
>>
>>2834708
Neither of them knew Jay Lethals finisher, and kept calling the Lethal Injection a Springboard Cutter...I love JR but he came off really unprepared.
>>
>>2835559
good thing it looked stupid as hell every time he used it anyway
>>
right when kenny cut his promo about taking over the wrestling world or whatever, JR said "good luck with that" and then tried to backpedal. Completely undercut the promo's point

they have to get rid of the wwe guy
>>
I love JR, but he's been awful since 2008. I don't know what people were expecting.
>>
>>2835574
To be fair to JR. Even though the crowd loves Kenny/Most of Bullet club, I think they are technically still heels. So I can see the instinct to go against a statement like that.
>>
Who would you add with JR & Barnett as a third commentator to round them out?
>>
>>2835608
rocky
>>
>>2835608
Mauro Ranallo knows his weeb shit, let him do it.
>>
>>2835608
Tony Schiavone
>>
>>2835608
remove JR and add Mike Tenay
>>
>>2835608
Scott Steiner
>>
>>2835655
"So Scott, what do you think of Kenny Omega-"
"HES FAT"
"Well now Sco-"
"HES FAT YOURE FAT EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING ARENA IS FAT"
He the belly to belly suplexs everyone before locking everyone in a simultaneous Stenier Recliners.
>>
>>2835608
I want Mauro & Striker just to see the ultimate smarkdown.
>>
>>2835695
>striker
cringe
>>
>>2835704
worked
>>
>>2835643

If JR isn't allowed to re-sign with AXS TV because of his new WWE deal, this is probably best case scenario since Mauro is in NXT.
>>
>>2831624
Wow JR, they livin' rent free in you too?
>>
>>2834708
>JR did fine
When Ishii came in..."I thought it was the STONED Bulldog and not the Stone Bulldog, heh. At first I thought he was a Grateful Dead fan, heheheheh"
>>
>>2835559
But I'm pretty sure they did call it the Lethal Injection, at least during his match with Hangman Page.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.