[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glow /General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: glow_s01e01_still_3 (1).jpg (160KB, 928x619px) Image search: [Google]
glow_s01e01_still_3 (1).jpg
160KB, 928x619px
We HAVE to discuss this. What are your thoughts?
>>
Also I wish next season they have an episode where the director Sam meets Vince Russo and they go on a coke binge while prank calling WWE headquarters
>>
>>2830969
i've watched 4 episodes. found it mediocre. does it get better latter?
>>
>>2830969
Its a bit better then I expected. I am enjoying this , also 1 episode is like 30minutes which is perfect.
>>
We discussed this a week ago
>>
>>2831006
not everyone is a queer that is going to watch the entire series in the first week of release. some people have lives
>>
I marathoned the first episode last night was pretty awesome!
>>
>>2830969
I got distracted and I didn't get if the director fucked the top babyface
>>
>>2831010
Nice projecting
Yet you're queer enough that we HAVE to discuss this
>>
>>2830987
Yes. Lots of little wrestling easter eggs also helps if you are familiar with the real GLOW then you'll get a sense of who's playing what.
>>
>>2831048
He's fucking the English chick.
>>
Ermmmmghhaaaddd they're exposing the business, godamn smarks
>>
Justine = Perfect
>>
>>2831059
That wasn't even the OP. I am lmao
>>
>>2831079
Don't forget he tried to fuck his daughter.
>>
>>2831225
This
>>
I really enjoyed it...

>the acting and writing was rough around the edges (typical of a Netflix original) but nothing terribly egregious
>in the beginning of the first episode I thought it would be super SJW-y and feministy, but thankfully it wasn't
>a few scenes could have been more subtle (the abortion angle, the gay reveal)
>some of the scenes were vague and ambiguous (Britannica going "oops, dropped my book" - did she accidentally drop it? I thought she did it on purpose but then what was the point if she didn't bend over to show her ass? etc)
>I thought the actress who played Sam's daughter wasn't all that good
>Liberty Belle and Britannica were painfully hot
>didn't even realize that was Awesome Kong until several episodes in and someone mentioned it here
>cool to see Brooke Hogan and the other cameos
>the filming of the Liberty Belle/Zoya main event match was anticlimactic - the undercard/midcard matches were way better. I don't know if it was the fact they played music throughout the entire match or what but it just fell flat
>not sure how I feel about Debbie even partially forgiving Ruth (especially since she's trying to get back together with her husband - I thought they were going to justify it because Debbie's reasoning would be "well thanks for revealing my husband was an asshole, so it all worked out in the end" but they didn't)
>lots of really nice touching moments
>I didn't like when Ruth mentioned it being a work, screw the writers for exposing the business

No but seriously I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next season. Are we going to have to wait a full year + like with Stranger Things?
>>
>>2831344
cringe
>>
>>2831353
Feels good knowing I made you waste time out of your pathetic life not only to read my post, but also to respond to it :^D
>>
>>2831379
PLEASE go back
>>
>>2831379
cringe
>>
File: 1497833388746s.jpg (2KB, 125x109px) Image search: [Google]
1497833388746s.jpg
2KB, 125x109px
>finished show
>recognized like 80% of the cameo wrestlers
>2 weeks later
>didnt know that Welfare queen was Awesome Kong

i failed you asp
>>
>>2831444
Watching her as welfare queen makes me sad we all missed out on a potentially all time great.

If she had that type of charisma why was she booked as a silent monster.
>>
>>2831444
Pichu Carlito and Brodus's dad wasn't a wrestler, right?
>>
>>2831468
looks like a weightlifter than a wrestler
>>
>>2831444
I didnt notice it was Carlito, shame
>>
>>2830969
It will unironically boost WWE ratings a bit, nothing crazy, but they will call roman a draw
>>
>>2831488
bruh. dude got fucking JACKED in the indies.
>>
>>2830969
the two friends were the best, too bad they got a shit gimmick
>>
File: 743.png (231KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
743.png
231KB, 400x400px
>>2831525
u mean the BEST gimmick!
>>
>>2831344
>gay reveal
I'm blanking, who was gay?
>>
>>2831079
Sure but when he went to her place at the beginning I had the impression they ended up fucking. Didn't happen?
>>
>>2831612
He went there to get her signed, they didn't fuck, I never got that impression at all.

She fucked Alex Riley later.
>>
>>2831641
Ok thanks, I missed a scene and then I got misled by something she said, like "do you want to fuck him too" referred to the kid
>>
GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (2012) is a good supplement to the show. It's a documentary about GLOW in the 1980's and has interviews with former talent and tells a good story of how it all happened. The Netflix show is fiction, but does follow the broad strokes of the actual GLOW promotion.

Just don't get nostalgic and decide to watch actual GLOW shows. They are fucking terrible. The girls can barely wrestle (with a few exceptions) and the entire thing is played for laughs. Lots of skits with puns and other cheesy jokes.
>>
>>2831400
>>2831402
Feels good knowing I made both of you waste time out of your pathetic lifes not only to read my post, but also to respond to it :^D
>>
>>2831575
The dude who was the money guy and had mommy issues. Remember when he put on the eyelid stuff?
>>
>>2831869
That's not being gay. That's being 80's.
>>
>>2831944
>being this naive
That scene got way too much time, and they zoomed in on what he was doing way too much, for that not to be a gay reveal. Look at the evidence

>all the other main male characters fucked at least one female during the series, Sebastian did not despite having plenty of opportunities
>has a hot male butler who also did not try to fuck any of the females, even though Debbie was drunk and got really close/intimate with him
>no father figure
>called his mom "mother" and was really close with her despite her being a bitch
>show was clearly written by liberal "progressive" feminist females
>put pink glittery stuff on his eyelids
>obsessed with wrestling

It was a gay reveal
>>
>>2832225
I think you might be seeing what you want to see or projecting a bit much m8.
>>
>>2830969
This isn't a hugbox for autistic feminists, we don't HAVE to do a god damned thing if we don't want to and we don't
>>
Official GLOW Best Girl Rankingsā„¢

1. Britannica
2. Scab
3. Zoya the Destroya
4. Fortune Cookie
5. Melrose
6. Sheila the She Wolf
7. The Welfare Queen
8. Beirut the Mad Bomber
9. Machu Picchu
=10. Ethel Rosenblatt
=10. Edna Rosenblatt
POWER GAP
9001. Junkchain
>>
>>2832576
ahhh fuck, stick Liberty Belle in 6

sorry lads
>>
>>2832576
>Britannia #1

You're entitled to your opinion, but you are just wrong. She only gets pushed because she's sleeping with the booker.
>>
it is not a wrestling show

they could literally be office clerks and the plot would be the exact same
>>
Does the success of GLOW get ivory into the hall of fame?
>>
>>2830987
>i've watched 4 episodes. found it mediocre. does it get better latter?
I think it drops down in quality for a few episodes but lifts again for the last 3 or so.

It's not that long, might as well just watch the whole thing desu.
>>
>>2831818
cringe
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.