[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling videogames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 20170509181219_1.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170509181219_1.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
Whats the best wrestling videogame for modding and customisation purposes? I liked making things on WWE 2K17 but the game itself still fucking sucks - barely any match types and the loading times are atrocious.

I know there's that sprite-based game that some people have talked about but I don't remember its name, does that include a lot of customisaton? How is the game itself?
>>
SVR around 2006-10 should be better for customizing.
>>
>>2830692

I don't know anything about the SVR series, I had stopped playing wrestling games around that time. Do you know anything more about the extent of their customisation and possibly modding?
>>
Fire pro wrestling is the name you're looking for.
>>
>>2830695
Well it definitely has more options regarding pretty much anything compared to the wwe 2k games. Finishers, entrances, match types, more hairstyles and beards, more clothing.
>>
>>2830684
Fire Pro Wrestling is the sprite game, it has a dick load of customization as long as your characters are human shaped and dressed like wrestlers.

it's what makes it's CAW great is the outlandish move set and wide variety of AI options, which will more or less let you accurately recreate almost any existing wrestler.

in WWE2k you can make monsters and cartoon people, you can't do that in fire pro.
>>
What game is in the op pic?
>>
File: 20170515213942_1.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515213942_1.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>2830699
>>2830703

Thanks, it looks interesting.

>in WWE2k you can make monsters and cartoon people, you can't do that in fire pro.

Kind of gutting, I liked making outlandish wrestlers in 2K17.

>>2830706

2K17.
>>
I'm firing up SvR 2006. Someone give me ideas for CAWs.

My best CAWs are Robbie Rotten, Hank Hill, and the one I made of myself. It's actually pretty realistic, so it's funny to see myself get beat up. Also, I only gave it moves I could actually do IRL. No heavy lifting or flippy shit. Lots of chops, clotheslines, and headbutts. I'd use a headbutt as a finisher, but it doesn't do enough damage.

Good thing I'm not a wrestler, or I'd end up Shibata-ing myself one day. Nothing more satisfying than a good headbutt.
>>
File: 20170504230933_1.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170504230933_1.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>2830801

When I was making CAWs in 2K17 I limited myself to ring names that are read out by the announcer only, which resulted in a creative impetus - the game also allows you to combine multiple names, so I was able to make "General William T Sherman" which I got a big kick out of. In the older games there's less of these names, though replaying WWE Smackdown SYM yesterday I discovered that one of the announcer names is "The Surgeon" which was the first CAW I made in 2K17.
>>
>>2830684
>I know there's that sprite-based game that some people have talked about but I don't remember its name, does that include a lot of customisaton?

Fire Pro Wrestling and hell yeah it does. Haven't really played them but from the few minutes I spent on Returns when I saw it on PS3 it seemed stupidly in depth for that kinda thing.

From personal experience you'll probably be best off getting either Here Comes the Pain or Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Don't fall for the No Mercy meme. WWE '13 and 2k14 are the best on PS3 for whatever that's worth.
>>
2k17 is down to £10, is it worth getting for fucking around? Mostly just want to play around with Goldberg and maybe Balor

Haven't played a wrasslin game since No Mercy on the N64
>>
>>2831066

2k17 can be too sim-ish for some that just wanna play a wrestling game but personally I enjoy fucking around in it, yeah. just be aware goldberg is DLC (along with some other folks but aside from Nakameme you probably don't care about any of them.)
>>
>>2831086
>goldberg is DLC
Shit, I hate when games do that. Might just wait for the next one in that case, surely he'll be standard roster this time
>>
>>2831118

probably, though there will inevitably be other characters as DLC. That's just how the world turns and all that.

You can probably download a pretty decent CAW of him online without paying anyway if you look hard enough to be fair, though it wont have his entrance and stuff like that.
>>
>>2830684
No Mercy for N64 roms.
>>
>>2830706
Frasier Pro Wrestling
>>
why do these games all load like a hard turd soaked in molasses
>>
>>2831066
yes, universe isnt terrible if you follow the WW format.
career is a fun way to grind or you can just unlock everything.
>>
MDickie's Wrestling MPire is the GOAT wrestling video game.
>>
File: Cue7PXDWAAAWbCk.jpg large.jpg (58KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cue7PXDWAAAWbCk.jpg large.jpg
58KB, 640x360px
>>2831066
Yes. It's a very flawed game but still lots of fun, especially the creation suite.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.