[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the Jannetty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: e46c7a2beefb544d-600x400.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
e46c7a2beefb544d-600x400.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
Who was the Jannetty?
>>
>>2829634
Christian. It's a toss up between him and D-Von on who was the least important in all 3 TLC matches.
>>
Both. The wrestling worled quickly moved on and forgot these two. Their absence isn't felt like a CM Punk.
>>
>>2829650
If a wrestler walks retires during his prime of course it will have a bigger impact compared to the wrestler who was a broken down and washed up for years
>>
>>2829634
Are you fucking retarded? Edge was the top heel for an entire Era. Has over 30 Championships. Never had to step into TNA. His first MITB Cash in was way more memorable than the overrated Seth Rollin at WM. Christian might not be a jannetty but his minor success was due to riding on Edge's coattails
>>
>>2829657
And yet Edgetty left no lasting impact on the business and didn't draw a single penny, because despite all his title reigns he was always just a midcarder being booked like a main eventer
>>
>>2829669
Oh really, how would you describe drawing a penny? Because he was a heel, he made John Cena and Edge drew ratings
>>
>>2829657
>top heel for an entire era

This is what Edge fans actually believe, neglecting that he was only relevant for a year at the most. The second Lita left the company, his stock plummeted like a steel balloon
>>
>>2829650
>Their absence isn't felt like a CM Punk.
Nobody cares if that fag left, nobody was watching WWE during his reign of terror. Daniel Bryan's retirement is what's felt and why WWE is in the shit state that it's currently in.
>>
>>2829679
He was just as hated when he was hiding behind Vicky Guerrero. By the time Lita left they were getting boring already.
>>
>>2829679
You really think people gave a fuck about that ho?
>>
>>2829679
>The second Lita left the company, his stock plummeted like a steel balloon
Yet he went on to Main Event WM against Taker and was top heel on Smackdown (the only thing WWE related worth watching) from 07-09 long after Litetty was gone.
>>
>>2829683
>>2829685
Fact is, Lita and Matt Hardy are the only reasons anyone talks about Edge today

he is essentially a C-list Haitch in that he couldn't parlay his sex life into a long-term corporate career

>>2829689
>undertaker matches make you relevant
Not after 2002, they don't.
>>
File: Hogan-Edge.jpg (42KB, 390x345px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan-Edge.jpg
42KB, 390x345px
>>2829702
>Lita and Matt Hardy are the only reasons anyone talks about Edge today
Keep telling yourself that, Matthew. Edge was working programs with GOATs years before he was fucking your slut.
>>
>Nami talking to himself
kys
>>
>>2829702
No doubt that feud with Matt got him huge heat and made him a hateable dude who then went and cashed in his cowardly money in the bank to basically steal the title off of every kid's favorite wrestler at the time Super Cena. Lita after that as a valet was not as good as Vicky for Edge though.
>>
>>2829680
>Nobody cares if that fag left, nobody was watching WWE during his reign of terror.
Yet his promos are recited here every single day. Yet there are around 10 threads dedicated to Punk daily
>>
No Jannetty here. Christian was the more talented one but Edge was the more successful one.
>>
>>2829712
Hi Edge!
>>
>>2829719
Edge was going to get heat regardless from cashing in the MITB, which he won prior to the Lita/Matt triangle.

The Lita thing only got Edge heat from the locker room and smarks that gave a shit about Matt, which not many did since he was an irrelevant mid carder fighting for the CW title at the time.
>>
Is their podcast any good? Is Christian still the Jannetty on the show?
>>
>>2829736
Pretty much.
>>
>>2829736

Christian was amazing as TNA champion.
TNA gave him room to grow.
I remember a great segment where he beat up all the TNA faces with a baseball bat.
For the first time, I saw Christian as a threat rather than as a goofball.
>>
>>2829740
The reason they rehired him was because people gave a shit about him, retard. Just because they booked him as a jobber and a mid carder doesn't change the fact that he was loved by the crowd.
>>
A reminder that Edge actually put CM Punk in his place when Punk started acting like a bitch backstage and tried to sabotage a house show. The entire story is on I think a Talk is Jericho podcast
>>
>>2829785
He didn't really do anything though.
>>
>>2829785
> Edge actually put CM Punk in his place when Punk started acting like a bitch backstage and tried to sabotage a house show.
This sounds like bull...Punk haters this desperate that they're making up crap now?
>>
>>2829788
He said that combined with Jericho they've been doing this for over 20 years and Punk doesn't need to tell people how to call a match. He indirectly told punk that being on the indies doesn't count.
>>
>Edgetty marks thinking he was important at all
cringe
>>
>>2829780
If the crowd was so much behind Matt and loved him so much why was a complete jobber in wrestling until the broken gimmick a year ago?

Before Edge cucked Matt and gave him his 15 minutes of fame when he was defending the Cruiserweight title on Velocity and was less over/important than Eugene.

It's just the truth.
>>
>>2829801
His role was to make a babyface look good and he did it. And Cena is the last draw in the company
>>
>>2829797
Yeah, he said that... after Punk punk'd em. And it's not like CM Phil though "gosh golly, he just gave me a verbal smackdown", he just though "just up, you dumb fuck". Jericho and Edge were in the right but pussy ass Edge didn't do shit to Punk.
>>
>>2829802
>If the crowd was so much behind Matt and loved him so much why was a complete jobber in wrestling until the broken gimmick a year ago?
What a stupid fucking thing to say. Because he was booked that way, you retard. This is pretend fighting. Some people tell the "entertainers" who's gonna win before they go out.
>>
>>2829801
Oh he was important alright I blame him for the obsession of this age of playing hot potato with the world titles.
>>
>>2829702
Undertaker matches since Flair vs 'Taker have been big deals
>>
>>2829808
>he said that... after Punk punk'd em
That doesn't make sense. How did they get punk'd when Edge told that fag to stay in his lane?

And stop trying to make Punk out to be some tough guy, we all know that butch can't fight. Edge has the same body type as Gall, I'm sure he could take Punk easy.
>>
>>2829634
The more I think about this, the more I actually get close to crying. I just imagine those two are very close. It would be hard to go to a wrestling show as a Jannetty, but it is made every bit better as his astounding friend tells him exactly what's going on.
>>
>>2829812
>Because he was booked that way
So was Daniel Bryan, but crowd loved him and was behind him (like you said they were for Matt) it forced Vinces' hand. Why didn't that happen with Matt in WWE or TNA until a year ago? Because he was never really over (unless he was with Jeff) or showed any charisma until that point.
>>
Gangrel

>>2829814
>blaming a wrestler for booking

O HAI MARK
>>
>>2829802
>Matt was a complete jobber until le Broken gimmick

That's wrong, moron.

>>2829834
>Matt wasn't over

So is that.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.