[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it hurt WWE wrestlers to be called 'Superstars'?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

If you have to tell people you're a star, you're probably not a star. Much less a superstar.
>>
At one point it was a fitting term. But I agree, nowadays half the roster doesn't earn that moniker. It's just corporate branding now.
>>
>>2825671
i don't know about hurt but it certainly doesn't help garner an adult audience. it sounds ridiculous
>>
>>2825671
Only the autistic, self mark indie shitters care.
>>
>>2825680
Yeah. It doesn't sound weird if you call The Rock a superstar, or John Cena. Those are people who appear in movies that people watch and who lots of people are aware of. They also feel like big deals. Brock Lesnar and Goldberg are big deals. Kurt Angle, I guess. No one else is really obvious. There are a bunch of people on the roster who are great talents, but none of them feel big. They don't feel important.
>>
>>2825671
Vince gets triggered by the w world, despite it's on the company's name. I think it's because Vince wants to stay away from the sport side of "sport entertainment" for not giving health care, union and basic human rights
>>
>>2825857
They're just WWE now, they're not World Wrestling Entertainment. They are not a wrestling company. Funny tho that their biggest show is still called Wrestlemania
>>
>>2825872
He's already cut the numbers, he'll get around to cutting the "wrestle" out of 'Mania.

>>2825857
If he really doesn't want to call them wrestlers, fine. But he could come up with a better name than 'superstars'. It's really pathetic. Kind of like how they were fine calling them fans for the longest time, but when Vince got touchy about the fanbase shrinking he called it the Universe so he could pretend it was larger.
>>
They're not wrestlers, though. Goddamn, pal, we're in the entertainment business, not the rasslin' business.
>>
>>2829080
Hi bucky beaver
>>
File: ass_man.png (610KB, 1267x705px) Image search: [Google]
ass_man.png
610KB, 1267x705px
>>2825671
They are neither super nor stars
Most of them are not even wrestlers
Just call them soap opera actors
>>
>>2826119
I started rewatching WWE like a year and half so, when The Rock says his "millions of millions of fans of The Rock", does he say WWE universe now? Even the millions is inaccurate because The Rock is only liked by the shrinking wrestling fanbase still clinging to the Attitude Era while he's currently getting mainstream exposure as an actor and he can't use The Rock's name without having a long bitter legal battle with Vince for the copyrights so he just use his real name, Dwayne Johnson. I think it's safe to say Dwayne Johnson has more fans nowadays than The Rock
>>
WWE UNIVERSE GIVE ME A #HECKYEAH
>>
>>2829101
Stunt men and whores, if you want to get technical
>>
>>2825671
It is just a shitty way to market them like they are bigger than they actually are. Very few of them are legit superstars. I'd prefer it if they called themselves wrestlers. Although even that would be unfitting for the shit WWE puts out today.
>>
I love that they call them all superstars.

Its just a reminder at how much wrestling has fallen
>>
>>2825671
>If you have to tell people you're a star, you're probably not a star. Much less a superstar.
Replace star with Boss and you understand why Sasha Banks is a heel gimmick, not a face.

The writing room somehow doesn't.
>>
>>2825671
They are mostly flight lights, not stars, and definitely not stars of the super variety.
>>
>>2829139
The only reason there are women wrestlers in the wwe is so that they can prep the male talent so that they don't get caught up in a mess with ordering prostitutes. That was the whole point. Some female talent just prep more than others (I'm looking at you Alexa Bliss).
>>
>>2825671
It's mostly just silly and overreaching. Typical Vince.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.