[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was wrong with JR last night? He was constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck was wrong with JR last night? He was constantly getting names wrong and, at times, rambling incoherently.
>>
>>2825410
18+

he has always been like that
>>
>>2825413
lol he was never this bad.

>>2825410
father time is catching up with him
>>
He probably just doesn't give a fuck and is just using his name to get a paycheck at this point. I hope working with NJPW means his BBQ sauce will now be available in Japan, it will be huge there and JR will become a Japanese pop culture icon.
>>
he's old and has a diet of like nothing but pork and beef and his wife just died
>>
>>2825410
I was cringing at his commentary the whole way through.
>A very NWO, DX-lite faction this Los Ingobernables
Christ, time to put the old man out to pasture, let Vince bring him in to the "marquee" matches to make them feel "prestigious" and nothing else, please.
>>
Yeah he made some slips here and there. But I was okay with it. The team of JR/Barnett for NJPW is WAYYYYY better than Cyrus/Kelly.

JR actually sounded excited and called some good spots which really added to the show. He's way better now that he's more familar with the product than when he tried calling WK9 with Striker, which was admittedly awful.
>>
>>2825716
Striker is alright, you people are dumb.
>>
>>2825410

None of the wrestlers were worth remembering their names, and he was probably drinking during the broadcast (and thinking about the good ol' days with WWE/F)..
>>
>>2825720
I would take Striker/Barnett over JR bumbling ass any day of the weak, Striker can be overbearing at times, but at least he sounds like he genuinely cares.
>>
>>2825727
>Making up excuses for mediocrity
Yup, that's an E drone, alright.
>>
>>2825750

>bringing in JR in the first place

You guys just gonna keep using WWE cast-offs like CAWdy, Yoshi Tatsu, and Billy Gunn?
>>
>>2825766

Yoshitatsu started off in NJPW, and is a comedy jobber, mark.
>>
>>2825410
Switched Jay and Mark Briscoe, LIJ like NWO and DX... Clothesline... when it's a lariat.
>>
>>2825410
nice cool mix of Cerebal Palsy and Hard Liquor i believe
>>
>>2826060
>Here comes Hiroshi Taka... *Reads notes* Takahashi
>I don't know the significance of that stuffed animal
>That right there is BUSHI (it's EVIL)
>>
>>2825766

Also, JR was hired by AXS TV, not NJPW. The NJPW English commentary team is Kevin Kelly and Don Callis
>>
>>2825410

Trying to pronounce gook moon rune names?

Geez, I wonder.
>>
>>2826060
Didn't Barnett get the Briscos confused as well. Really the fuck?

Don't worry about JR in the women network show, he's got Lita to carry him. Oh god, that will be a trainwreck
>>
>>2826250
>Lita and JR
There's no one in that team who is able to properly call a modern-style wrestling match, holy shit. Why not Nigel instead of JR? Or Sara Amato instead of Lita the Cum Bucket?
>>
>>2825410
He didn't care.

He's always been a wrasslin guy, not a technical wrestling mark
>>
>>2826264
What does that even mean, you realize he commented WCW when they were full of technical wrestlers right?
>>
>>2826272
18+
>>
>>2826250
>>2826259
MYC is going to be shit anyways. Why not the commentary too?
>>
>>2826264

Yeah this. Dude flounders around if he hasn't got big spots to react to
>>
JR sounds godly when compared to the WWE commentators but pair him with some good ones and he's average.

Since JR barley works these days ppl forget he's best calling over the top meme Jerry Springer type segments (shit that happened in the AE) and not actual matches.
>>
i'm usually not a big fan of 3 man commentary but i think JR & Barnett with one other technical guy would round them out just right
>>
>>2826507
I still rather listen to JR on his worst day than "could it BE" Michael Cole or forgettable Tom Philips
>>
JR has been shit for years.
>>
>>2826533
Cole in his prime on RA Era Smackdown was actually a better match caller than JR.
>>
JR has always been overrated shit. The definition of meme commentator.
>>
Cole is decent when Vince isn't in his hear.
>>
>>2826550
Only when Heyman would tell him what to say.
>>
i had no problem with him. he got hyped and did really good when the real matches began: Naito vs Ishii, Omega vs Elgin, Okada vs Cody. he was fine otherwise. Barnett even had a botch or two with names. but he and J.R. was good, better than i expected. Better than New Japan's normal english commentary
>>
He did fine. Other than some fuck ups. Funny enough, he was still leagues above WWE commentary
>>
>>2825410

He's been garbage for awhile now and no one wants to admit it because muh good ol JR. He said like ten total words during the UK championship and he sounded extremely bored, Nigel had to carry the entire thing.

He just needs to retire
>>
That's just JR. Commentary has been so insightful and dull for years now. Thank goodness for Cory Graves, Booker T, and Kevin Kelly. A-Train and William Regal were goat in pre-2015 nXt. Also I'm really suprised by Byron on SDL, his goofiness hasn't been the most cringeworthy thing during any given show.
>>
>>2827322
UNinsightful* whoops lol
>>
>>2826909
That's what I thought as well. As the night went on and as the matches got better, his commentary improved.

Fuck it, it's Good Ol' JR. He gets a pass from me.
>>
>wife died a few months ago
>old and doesn't give a shit anymore
>doing it only for the paycheck
He'll be dead by this time next year.
>>
>>2825410
Despite his gaffs, I still enjoy listening to him call matches more so than any other English play by play commentator. Josh Barnett is fantastic on color commentary. He knows pretty much all the moves, even the obscure ones.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.