[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJPW: G1 Special in the USA Game thread #5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: gthuyhy.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
gthuyhy.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
GET THE FUCK IN HERE SHIT'S GETTING GOOD.
>>
Loady Chodes
>>
CODY DIED FORM THJAT GERMAN
>>
Why is cody so bad, bros?
>>
Go watch the Pacquaio fight guys, its free, its on espn.

Do it
>>
ROH BTFO
>>
File: 1495540645009.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495540645009.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
Done
>>
File: videogame athlete.jpg (80KB, 792x764px) Image search: [Google]
videogame athlete.jpg
80KB, 792x764px
>>2824454
>Cody costing Kenny the title tomorrow

Not only is Cody shitting up Okada matches he's gonna shit up Kenny matches now as well
>>
everything about cody seems so awkward and forced
he has no natural instinct for the business
>>
HOLY FUCK THE HGH AND ROIDS DESTROYED OMEGAS HAIRLINE LMFAO
>>
>smark crowd
>they cheer for the babyfaces
>they boo all the heels

Why does WWE fail at this?
>>
BASED GEDO WITH THE FLUENT ENGLISH
>>
This engrish is amazing
>>
>that one female

KENNNNEHUUUUU~
>>
E DRONES ABSOLUTELY SEETHING RIGHT NOW
>>
God fuck these gooks WWE is so much better at least they can deliver coherent promos
>>
>DIS ES STWONG STIWL
>>
Was theat m00t in the crowd wearing a Bullet Club T-shirt?
>>
>>2824498
Hoe wez Niu Japan!?
>>
File: IMG_4624.jpg (379KB, 2078x2078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4624.jpg
379KB, 2078x2078px
Where are my chaos boys at?

Based chaos having the bullet club smarks seething
>>
>>2824498
How about you try to speak some Japanese, you westaboo fuck.
>>
Incredible match and a good showing for Cody. ****1/2.
>>
cody sucks
>>
Ishi/Naito > Omega/FatMike >>> Okada/CAWdy >> POWERGAP >> The entire shitty undercard
>>
Gedo's and Okada's english are better than Nakamura's engrish
>>
File: 1473428014462.jpg (37KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473428014462.jpg
37KB, 400x320px
>>2824515
>>
All these faggots on here that though Cody was winning eternally BTFO
>>
>JR talking over the fucking translator
>>
File: 1491958127713.png (665KB, 708x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491958127713.png
665KB, 708x490px
>SASUGA
>>
>>2824482
That's the bleach dye
>>
File: reallymakesyouthink.jpg (54KB, 270x269px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyouthink.jpg
54KB, 270x269px
Damn WWE stock must have risen after this shitshow
>>
Remember when WWE tried to do the post-match press conferences and they were so fucking corny and hard to take seriously? Why do these seem more authentic?
>>
File: King.jpg (76KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
King.jpg
76KB, 640x360px
E-drone that has started watching NJPW events since this years WK
amazing event, I only missed the beginning of the first match
is it weird that at times it felt a bit WWE? what was it? I bet some of the crew was from ROH but I think the cameramen were japanese, I don't really know how to put it but it felt WWE-ish at times

the main event was weird at the beginning, something about the pacing of it, Cody really behaved like a classic WWE heel and the crowd wasn't having any of it despite having a 50/50 reaction when he came out

Okada once again satisfied me, is he the best jap wrestler ever? I haven't watched enough of others to judge but all of his matches have been insanely entertaining to me and now even his english is pretty good? wow

anyway the event didn't feel long, the kenny elgin match was a bit draining (in a good way), it was definitely match of the night for me
>>
>>2824485
Kayfabe works if writing is good. The meme WWE made up that people just won't listen to kayfabe because internet makes no sense.
>>
>>2824548
based cawdy the wwe sleeper agent
>>
>>2824551
funny thing is that one beast in the east wwe production done by J sports intern was some of the best camerawork I've seen in wrestling in a long time.
>no dunn hack job.
>>
>>2824527
Nakamura just talks weird in general, Not claiming to be an expert in Jap or anything but even his japanese sounds weird when he talks. Slow and slurred like he downed a fifth of Jack and took a couple Quaaludes just before talking.
>>
>>2824559
BASED
>>
That match was really lackluster. I don't blame Okada, he clearly worked his ass off, Cody just doesn't have the ability to perform at a main event level.
>>
Why doesn't WWE do post match interviews (like NJPW is doing now) after title matches?
>>
Very large man in red.
>>
>>2824573
Match was fine. Cody was fine. Okada was great. Y'all just some jaded smarks who are never satisfied and shit on everything. The /v/ of wrestling.
>>
>>2824561
well it's a combination of camera work and the director, I read that dunn didn't do beast in the east and that made a big difference
>>
Who's ready for night 2?
>>
>>2824574
They do from time to time
>>
>>2824574
they suck.

Or maybe eve or whatever that brown chicks name is.

Shes not a natural interviewer or shes restricted to script.
>>
>>2824574
cause there's like two people that can talk and neither of them hold the main belts

>>2824573
Started off slow picked up well. Was legitimately scared that Cody had a chance specially when I saw Brandi and then BC around.
>>
>>2824580
i was thinking this the whole time reading the posts
>>
>>2824580
Match would've been OK in the middle of the card. It was shit as a main event. Okada was fine, but Cody has the most awkward movement of any wrestler I've seen.
>>
>>2824574
because new japan treats wrestling like it's an actual sport

wwe is an unintentional parody of wrestling
>>
>>2824580
The match itself was fine, neither great or good. However, when it's your first US show and it's your first live show on cable in the US, it didn't leave the impression it should have.
>>
>>2824584
Also Michael cole really shined at the commentary and help putting over Finn vs Owens really good. I'd like to think Vince was sleeping at that time.
>>
that was the best singles match cody has ever been in

okada carried him to a solid iwgp main event, thank u based rainmaker
>>
Yummy Jap daddys power ranking

1 Naito
2 Okada
3 Hiromu Takahasi
4 Tanahshi
>>
>>2824573
He cant have a five star match every night. It seems like it sometimes but the reality is he is human. Hell it could even just be jetlag getting too him. Admittedly Japan to Long Beach isnt very much jetlag to be had. I enjoyed the match, its the first Cody match Ive seen since he left WWE and it left me wanting to see more. Shame he cant get his brother to leave the E and join for tag team shenanigans in NJPW. Poor Goldy is easily one of the most underrated workers in the business.
>>
>>2824602
>neither great or good.
I mean neither great or bad. My bad.
>>
>>2824611
>ace no 4
GO HOMU
>>
>>2824477
>he has no natural instinct for the business

Ironic huh
>>
I don't watch a lot of NJPW but was it always this on about strong style? I only recall it coming up when Nak or Shibata was on.
>>
>>2824611
>No Stone Daddy Ishii
Shit list
>>
>>2824608
This literally was Cody's most important match, wrestling skill wise, and he showed that hes pretty damn average
>>
>>2824621
"Strong Style" doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a long time, it's just a marketing thing.
>>
Is WK11 worth having to listen to more JR commentary?
>>
>>2824624
This was probably the best match of his career not counting his tag team match with Goldust against The Shield and it wasn't even as good as Okada's matches with Omega.
>The state of Cody
>>
>>2824628
strong style has never been anything more than a meme
>>
>>2824554
Because people don't boo characters, they the company. In WWE, you boo things they throw at you and want you to like them. And you cheer things they want you to boo. You don't want to listen to their brainwashing and their bullshit.
>>
>>2824630
I watched JR for the Omega/Elgin match and JP commentary for Cody/Okada and the JP commentary puts Okada over so much more than JR's ramblings it's crazy
>>
File: Lookin real jacked.png (139KB, 289x336px) Image search: [Google]
Lookin real jacked.png
139KB, 289x336px
>>2824607
You know its funny, as much shit as people give Maggle, everytime he gets a chance to stop getting yelled at by Vince over the headset he actually does a really good job. Both Beast in the East and the UK tournament he did a fantastic job. I would love to see how he would do if he was actually allowed to call wrestling matches as wrestling matches on a regular basis instead of shilling the network, sponsors, catchphrases and whatever "Philanthropy" that the office has their hands in that month. I would bet dollars to donuts that he would be considered one of the better announcers of the era were that to happen. Hell he did some great calling back in the day when he was with Tazz, and thats coming from someone that really does not like Tazz.
>>
File: kimura.jpg (99KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kimura.jpg
99KB, 600x900px
Isn't marijuana legal now in California? Can Japanese citizens get in trouble for partaking in these festivities while outside the country, considering how strict Japan is with marijuana? Which one is most likely to be high as fuck right now?
>>
>>2824611
No insane licking time bomb on the list. Best husbando.
>>
>>2824646
it's more decriminalized than legal
I think they take it away if you get caught with it, but you don't get into trouble
>>
>>2824644
i used to think that too until someone said that heyman made them reshoot commentary in the studio for hours til it was perfect.
>>
>>2824661
California legalized it in last year's election, along with a handful of other states.
>>
>>2824670
well ain't that some shit
>>
File: gintamaop9-01.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gintamaop9-01.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>mfw they try to make a game thread just like raw and smackdown.
>>
So... this was Cody's best match. Rhodesmaker had me gasping. After that I knew he was loosing, but before... ugh.

It would make no bussines sense for japanesse company to put belt they need in Japan to selling tickets on Cody. For this show, it was really good plan, they got either really positive response, or almost nuclear heat.

Awesome atmosphere, awesome crowd. If anyone reading this was there, thank you, you were great, folks!
>>
>>2824682
this level of cringe shouldn't even be humanly possible
>>
>>2824708
I am glad 4chan is alive and well, being cynical isn't always the best way to live.
>>
>>2824630
Just watch with the Japanese commentary. I have no idea what the fuck they're saying, but they sound so passionate that it still complements the match.
>>
Press conference with Cody and Omega after the match
>https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/881360122919899137
>>
File: MLQudpX_d.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MLQudpX_d.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>>2824682
Thank you senpai, this was INCREDIBLE to be at live. Pic is proof I was there, taking the Metro back to my hotel.
>>
File: 1479659878750.jpg (86KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479659878750.jpg
86KB, 480x360px
>>2824805
The fuck is wrong with your wrinkly ass thumb? use some moisturizer or something nigga, you could swipe a credit card through the lines on your knuckle.
>>
>>2824615
>He cant have a five star match every night
Or any other day
>>
>>2824805
I knew old fucks browsed /asp/ but literal grandpa's that's a new one
>>
File: spL1NeU.jpg (405KB, 2504x1298px) Image search: [Google]
spL1NeU.jpg
405KB, 2504x1298px
>>2824574
When the network started they had their fake press conferences but it was poorly done and came off low rent.
>>
>>2824816
I was talking about Okada, I don't think he is ready to have a five star match. He could down the road though, His brother has at least one, I think maybe even two, which really just makes me sad that Goldy was wasted on a company that has treated him like shit since the attitude era. I saw some moments where Cody could easily pick his game up, but he still has a long way to go. Being in New Japan and RoH should do good for him.
>>
>>2824562
he, like Asuka, speaks in Kansai; which is the Japanese equivalent of ebonics
>>
Why can't I find any streams of Night 1?
>>
>>2824682
>this was Cody's best match
Not really. Even the one with Daniels or the three way with Daniels and Lethal were better. Cody is cringe as fuck, trying to play to the crow, autistically going out in the crow for no damn reason, he just doesn't understand the business. Also, he botched a few things like the DDT or toward the end where he's supposed to get into the piledriver position. Them redoing the towel segment was pure cringe too.
>>
>>2825363
He's selling out t-shirts in Japan tho. Gedo will put him in the WK main event.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.