[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg (35KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg
35KB, 670x409px
The great debate
>>
>>2822293
There's nothing to debate. Hogan came back and sent Steve back to the midcard and made him quit.
>>
>>2822300
DUBS
Stupid Faggot.
>>
>>2822300
that was quick wolfcuck
>>
Clearly Austin.

But...there wouldn't be an Austin without Hogan. So you've only accomplished pointing out that cross generational debates like this are kind of pointless.
>>
>>2822293
The Rock and Macho Man... I'm dead serious. Okay if I had to pick one... I'd say Austin had more personality, but Hollywood Hogan was fantastic. Austin VS Bret is my favorite WWF/E match of all time so I gotta go Austin.
>>
Austin at his peak, but Hogan overall
>>
Austin was a fad, Hogan was and is still an American cultural icon.
>>
Austin by far. We have already seen how people react to Hogan style babyfaces.
>>
>>2822293
I'd say Hogan cause he never needed the mic to get over.
>>
Hogan was the biggest star in wrestling for 2 different companies as both a face and a heel. Austin nor the Rock can say that.
>>
>>2822521
Just proves nobody could do it better than Hogan. Plus Hogan adapted. Austin was never considered a great heel except his 1996/97 days.
>>
>>2822702
To prove he never needed the mic, he somehow got the fans to boo the Rock in their match at Wrestlemania 18 and he was playing a heel.
>>
>>2822420

Patrician choice my friend.
>>
>>2822293
If we're talking who was better then Austin by a million miles.

If we're talking who drew more dimes, Hogan wins by longevity and being the most famous wrestler ever.
>>
>>2822715

He was in his home country with the added bonus of nostalgia. Once that wore off, it was time to send him to the mud card.

Heck They made him tap for the first time as face I believe by Angle.
>>
>>2824134

Somebody here posted numbers regarding Hogan and Austin being draws.

It absolutely destroyed the argument that Hogan was a bigger draw because he drew longer. Austins single year worth of dimes were almost 10 times bigger than about 7 years worth of hogan dimes.
>>
>>2824202
Did it include merch sales? Because if so it's not a fair comparison.
>>
>>2824202
People really have no idea just how many dimes Austin drew. It really is insane.
>>
>>2822293
seeing as how they were both leading their companies during the monday night wars and only Austins company is still around today it's pretty fucking obvious who's better.

Hogan was great and all but he's from a completely different time and you can't really compare them. Austin was a big part of what put wrestling on the map and it's no surprise that wrestling immediately went to shit without him. just the fact we're sitting here talking about him proves the impact Austin had and really is still having today
>>
>>2824340
i wonder how much merch he still sells today. obviously not anywhere near the big active stars but i'm betting he's still up there
>>
File: hulk-hogan-02.jpg (191KB, 610x471px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-hogan-02.jpg
191KB, 610x471px
*teleports you to the midcard*
>>
>>2824365
The company that's still around today is the company that Hogan put on the map along with wrestling into the mainstream. Hogan is the only wrestler to be on the cover of Sports illustrated. And the company that Hogan jumped ship to was in the crapper until he got there. Hogan is known all over the globe while Austin's popularity is limited to the North American market. And the reason why wrestling went shit after Austin left is because a star bigger than him called the Rock went to Hollywood. That and the PG era prevents new stars from forming. Hogan's impact was much great and will be more remembered that Austin's Austin wouldn't have gotten over if he didn't wrestling in the attitude era and was unable to curse for cheap heat. Hogan would've been a star in any era.
>>
>>2824340
Hogan drew an insane amount without internet and limited television exposure and the WWF was only running 4-6 PPVs a year where in Austin's time it was 10-12.
>>
>>2824456
And Hogan would have gotten staler significantly faster than he did if he was on TV every week alongside monthly PPVs. See 1993 for reference where he couldn't even get through one RAW without being booed out of the building.
>>
File: hulk_hogan_scalped.jpg (55KB, 650x493px) Image search: [Google]
hulk_hogan_scalped.jpg
55KB, 650x493px
>>2824399
Nothin personell jack
>>
>>2824513
I can't recall any of these times where Hogan haters claim he got booed out of the building. Oh wait I do remember one time he got booed really bad and had garbage thrown at him. It was Bash at the beach 96 when he turned heel.
>>
>>2824202
Oh okay, well Austin is better in every way then.
>>
>>2824641
I literally just brought one up, you can easily find it since I think he only appeared on 3 Raws total that year. If you want to go back further then the 1992 Royal Rumble is another example. And of course the reason he turned heel in the first place was because he was getting terrible reactions through 95 to 96 in WCW. Is the idea that Hogan got booed as a face really that incomprehensible of a concept to you?
>>
>>2822429
Surprised no one ever replied to my post. Was Austin a fad? Yes he drew huge during a short period, but by mid 2001 that was all over. By 2002-2003, he wasn't even really mainstream anymore. Hogan has remained in the mainstream, for better or worse. His short window of success always seemed like a fad to me, cause Hogan transcended wrestling. Austin was always stuck in the bubble.
>>
>>2824645
More tv time for Austin and more merchandise for sale at a higher cost than Hogans 2 t shirts. Hogan drew all over the world. Has Austin sold out in Japan. Hogan also got more per PPV than Austin did.
>>
>>2824641
>I can't recall any of these times where Hogan haters claim he got booed out of the building.
He was getting heavy boos during early Nitros.
>>
Childhood is idolizing SCSA/The Rock, Adulthood is realizing Hulk Hogan makes more sense.

Im not even meme-ing, I hated Hogan for years thinking he didnt deserve it, butnwatching some of his work now, whether in Japan or on the mic during Hulkamania, even some of his matches were he was allowed to wrestle, he had above average ring ability. Reminds me of John Cena when he first debuted, he had so many moves and great matches, but the persona limited the moves he could do.
>>
>>2824138
>his home country
Are you implying Hulk Hogan is canadian?
>>
>>2824202
>It absolutely destroyed the argument that Hogan was a bigger draw
Austin had all the advantages.
>More people with cable service to order PPVs
>Bigger cards full of bigger stars
>Better production

When Hogan was headlining Wrestlemanias, people had to go find a church or something that would show closed circuit TV. You couldn't get a Hulkamania shirt online, like you could in the late 90s. He was only getting exposure maybe once a month from TV. Also inflation.

Someone needs to compare nWo to Austin shirts because they have to be almost even. Hogan gets credit for that.
>>
>>2824513
As if Austin didn't get stale. Dude was literally a fad, and when he needed to adapt to extend his career, he took his ball and went home like a bitch because he couldn't hang.
>>
>>2824377

I believe it included merch sales as well.
>>
>>2824971

But then you can argue that's the reason Hogan drew longer and didn't get stale sooner. If he had been on TV every week with that all American gimmick he would have gotten stale as soon as or even sooner than Austin.

I mean the NWO fizzled out before Austin didn't it?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.