[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestlers With Inconsistent or Badly Formed Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: SethRollins1.jpg (34KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
SethRollins1.jpg
34KB, 840x473px
I think it's a big problem with WWE that characters aren't written consistently. It seems like the wrestlers are too willing to just go along with whatever they're given. They need to sit down and really figure out what their character is, and stand up for their character when they're told to do something that their character would never do.

How much of it do you think is the wrestler's fault? Or is WWE just an environment where everyone is way too scared of losing that paycheck to say anything?

And what wrestlers do you think need to improve their characters?
>>
>>2815090
Jericho for turning heel yesterday for no reason. Will most likely return as a face within the next year
>>
File: download.png (200KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
200KB, 500x257px
I guess I could have put any of the shield in that category.

Main roster Bayley is a terrible character. Don't even want her on tv until they at least figure out something better.
>>
File: o6qzLbg[1].jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
o6qzLbg[1].jpg
29KB, 600x450px
All of Sanity.

Who or what the fuck are they? They've been around for months now and are no more well defined than they started off, and seem to be going nowhere.
>>
>>2815090
>How much of it do you think is the wrestler's fault?
Not a whole lot other than them not speaking up about it. But what are you going to do when your boss tells you to do something?
>>
>>2815108
Their gimmick is that they are apocalyptic Juggalos who smoke meth.
>>
>>2815098
Makes sense, since he's going to face Itami in Japan. Probably practicing for that.

>>2815110
I guess that's the downside to a lack of competition. In the territory days, through to the monday night wars wrestlers had options if they didn't like how their character was being used. I still think there's room for people to discuss and defend their characters with creative/management more than they do now. I know it's been said many times that if you don't stick up for yourself Vince won't respect you.
>>
>>2815090
They aren't really "wrestlers". They are character actors. They get given roles by creative and if they don't like it they have a few options:

* Say they don't like it and do it anyway.
* Say they don't like it, and get nothing until future endeavoured.
* Shut up and do it.
* Quit
>>
>>2815108
Wyatts+Shield
>>
>>2815090
The wrestlers are pussies that won't stand up for themselves. Bayley's character has received some of the worst booming ever and all she said about it is "m-my character is kinda lost i guess, I don't really know what's going on"
>>
>Current roster
>>
>>2815090
>How much of it do you think is the wrestler's fault? Or is WWE just an environment where everyone is way too scared of losing that paycheck to say anything?

Hard to say. They generally are pretty much dependent on creative. They can come up with their own ideas but most of those will be shot down and even if they get it through it can take months or years.

I would guess, that a lot of guess actually could say more, without running the risk to get buried or fired, but it seems almost none of them do it. That is probably, what Vince meant on Stone Cold's podcast.
>>
>>2815108
This. What a half baked piece of shit stable this is.
>>
>>2815187
They also don't know any better bc half came from the indies and the other half are post 2010 WWE homemade.

They never were employed by wrestling promotion as big or bigger than WWE like guys back then that came from WCW, NWA, AWA etc where they could learn from all time great wrestling writers and bookers
>>
Reminder that almost everybody on the roster is micro-managed down to having Vince direct them on the precise enunciation he wants them to use in promos.

Any improv or deviation is punished.

>>2815187
>>2815207
>AWA & WCW
>all time great wrestling bookers
>>
>>2815187
Usually the people with ideas, the people that speak up aren't like by the writers/bookers.
>>
>>2815211
Is it Vince though?
>>
>>2815211
It's definitely standard for people to be micromanaged like this, but you do get more trust to be able to speak on your own if you can prove yourself (though, they generally don't give people a chance to prove themselves). Randy Orton and John Cena have a lot of control over what they say. Paul Heyman has a big hand in creative when it comes to Lesnar angles/feuds and gets to use his own words (after running everything by Vince, obviously).
Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are told what to say, but given some freedom to decide how to say it. I think they're starting to like AJ's promo skills

Also, Triple H more recently helps make some promos for his NXT call-ups because he's upset with how they're used on the main roster. He helps Alexa Bliss with her promos, and basically wrote Carmella's promos around Money In The Bank.
>>
>>2815235
According to people who've actually worked there, yes it is.

What supports your assertion otherwise?
>>
>>2815098
>Jericho for turning heel yesterday for no reason
wait what did i miss?
>>
>>2815108
They are complete and utter shite. When they're on screen it's ALWAYS skippable boring crap.
>>
>>2815287
He's doing house shows with Hideo Itami to practice their match before they go to Japan.
>>
>>2815281
People that have worked there. I've heard Vince is the most laid back of them but he's also the one guy you really don't want to disagree with.
>>
>>2815295
>but he's also the one guy you really don't want to disagree with.

And what category do you think attempting to alter his "genius" scripting falls under?
>>
>>2815090

The completely fucked up that face turn. If this company had ANY idea what gets a babyface over, Seth would have come back whooping the ass of Triple H and his anointed heels. Not whining that he was no longer the favorite.

Really, did Stone Cold get over by being a crybaby bitch? Of course not. He was kicking Vince's ass 3 out of 4 weeks, at a minimum.

Nobody, but NOBODY, likes a whiny, impotent babyface.
>>
>>2815090
They can't stand up for their character lest they be deemed a mark.
>>
>>2815293
Ain't Hideo a heel now?
>>
>>2815261
>prove yourself
how do you prove yourself with 20 creative guys and vince writing every word and action you do?

Vince would mic the actors up in the ring to feed their promos line by line if he had the technology to make it non-obvious.
>>
>>2815310
Austin got over doing literally the opposite. Bret Hart came back, and Stone Cold berated him for being a crybaby, effectively turning Austin face and Bret heel.
>>
>>2815314
He isn't and that wouldn't matter on a Japanese tour anyway.
>>
>>2815314
Hideo is potentially a heel. They haven't gone all the way with it yet. But regardless, Japan is probably not going to boo Itami over Jericho. Especially when you're trying to build Itami as a star and Jericho doesn't need it, a big pop from home goes a long way to making you look like a star (which is why it's so stupid that they always make babyfaces lose in their hometowns. Even if it got heels heat, which it usually doesn't, WWE have no strong babyfaces. You need to build a strong babyface before you can risk cutting them down for heat. They're trying to harvest seeds before they grow into plants).

>>2815335
If you continued to read the next sentence after that one, I basically said that.
> they generally don't give people a chance to prove themselves
>>
>>2815090
>I think it's a big problem with WWE that characters aren't written consistently.

And yet no other company seems to have this problem.

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2815090
Reminder that Trippple Man jobbed to Rollins and he's done absolutely nothing since
>>
>>2815359
>done absolutely nothing

Sounds like the majority of RAW
>>
File: bored pepe.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bored pepe.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>2815359
Because everybody else on RAW has done so much since Mania...
>>
>How much of it do you think is the wrestler's fault? Or is WWE just an environment where everyone is way too scared of losing that paycheck to say anything?

Yes. They don't exactly have options in the US so they just go along with whatever
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.