[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Drek Gulak's gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: gulak.png (719KB, 973x531px) Image search: [Google]
gulak.png
719KB, 973x531px
>Drek Gulak's gimmick

Is it autism?
>>
>>2813848
>Spend weeks with the No Fly Zone gimmick
>Got excited and went for a limp kneed Snuka splash
>Fucked it up and eat a combination pin
Yep.
>>
>>2813881
wrestling kino
>>
>>2813885
205 booking is all pottery. Shame they don't draw
>>
>>2813881
Watching his legs wobble as he pulled himself up was really something. If I ever said anything bad about Gulak, I take it back.
>>
Gulak = Trump.
Imagine missing that subtext of the entire angle.
>>
>>2814112
Sometimes it's better to ignore the subtext and just enjoy the surface story
>>
>>2813898
This. 205 Live is by far the best wrestling show WWE puts out, but unfortunately it's also ultimate proof that being a good wrestling show is not enough to draw by itself.
>>
File: Doot.png (676KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
Doot.png
676KB, 632x738px
>>2815556
Good wrestling only draws enthusiasts who enjoys the act and hipsters who wants to be cool about liking niche things. Contrarians already moved on to the next flavor of the month. Common folks wants spectacle and glitz and clamor, which is why the whole Attitude Era worked.

205 is probably best aim for kids really. Fancy colorful characters doing cool shit and uncomplicated stories. Shame, but it is was it is
>>
>>2815556
I know the talents are better in NJPW but it's really makes me think if NJPW could draw in the US if they are 100% serious and focused on pro-wrestling.
>>
>>2815546
Why?
The story becomes infinitely more entertaining when viewed through that lens.
>>
>>2815568
>205 is probably best aim for kids really.
A show behind a pay wall for kids who are probably too stupid to use the service without getting a virus on a computer or breaking their video game console. No wonder it's a failure.
>>
>>2815692
I mean, WWE did Saturday Morning Slam and it was in the perfect vehicle to deliver kid oriented wrestling, but it also failed miserably, despite also being pretty damn good.
>>
File: wwelgo.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
wwelgo.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>2815695
It's almost as if the problem is not the concepts of the shows themselves, but the incompetent people handling them and screwing them up.
>>
>>2815681
Some people don't want to see Trump in everything, like how some people don't want X-Men to be an oppressed minority allegory all the time, especially if the subtext is something one disagree with
That's why layering your story is important. You want a wide audience, both the plebs and the patricians

>>2815702
Welcome to rassling
>>
>>2813848
>watching the gay twink division
what is wrong with you
>>
>>2813881
that was fucking great tho
>>
>>2813848

His gimmick is that he is distraught over the retirement of his split personality Soldier Ant, and can't bring himself to enjoy high-flying wrestling. He is slowly going insane as he begins to realize that he has split personalities.
>>
>>2816306
>DEEP
>>
>>2813848
My god he looks like a discount Seth Rollins.
>>
>>2813848
>Jew Gulag
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.