[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Knee Injury Rollins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Was he the single most talented in-ring performer in wrestling history?

I don't really mean in terms of match quality, but I mean in terms of what he could do when asked. He was fast, agile, powerful, a great seller, could do all the flippy shit he wanted. When he was in the Shield tag matches sometimes it seemed like had rockets strapped to his boots the way he could fly from a near-standing start. Only AJ Styles and a few smaller Japanese men like Great Muta would do similar feats.

I think he was the apex of what North American wrestling was building to since the mid 2000s in terms of what a wrestler brought to the table in the ring. It's a shame his run on top was rather mediocre. Seth is still good, but he's lost a step from where he was.
>>
>>2813599
No where near. Don't believe me? Just listen to Steve Austin's negative critiques of his work.
>>
Agreed, but Face Jasethy is absolute cringe. He's a born chicken-shit heel. He needs to turn and bring back J&J Security.
>>
>>2813605
I'm not really inclined to automatically agree with SCSA on this matter. He makes some good points about Rollins recklessness in regards to breaking Cena's nose (and probably mentioned the injury to Balor as well), but part of that can be put down to

1. Cena not being that great of a worker himself
2. Freak accident with Balor. Dozens of people have taken the same spot hundreds of times over the years with no injuries.

But the whole appeal to authority from famous wrestlers is a little weak argument to me when a lot of the time those people have hardly even watched wrestling for years and years. You think Stone Cold watches RAW and Smackdown on a weekly basis? Do you think he is looking up random indie feds or watching old puroresu clips and NWA/AWA stuff? No way. He's a lapsed fan that's only interested in it enough to keep his podcast rolling. I don't have an issue with that, more power to him, but there are probably a lot of people on this board right who are more informed about wrestling history than he is.
>>
>>2813599
no lol What a dumb thread
>>
File: large[1].jpg (222KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
222KB, 1024x1024px
>>2813608
Oh shit I forgot Jaime Noble got fucked up really bad a while back (he was stabbed and suffered a collapsed lung). I looked him up and I see his doing alright now.
>>
>>2813599
White Seff was A FREAKIN WRESTLING GOD

Not even memeing, he was that damn good
>>
>>2813664
Seth FREAKWORKER Rollins
>>
>>2813599
>Was he the single most talented in-ring performer in wrestling history?

This title unironically belongs to young Scott Steiner.
>>
>>2813605
>I disagree
>Don't believe me?
>Listen to this other person's opinion
wowie
>>
>>2813599
He was fire during those matches with Cena and stuff

Now I can barely stand to watch any of his matches
>>
>>2813674
Hmm

You might be correct, and if you're not it's a close race. I'll have to watch some more Steiner Bros. videos to be sure.
>>
>>2813599
I have zero doubt that if asked Seth could bust out a spiral tap or red arrow or anything else without much effort. Or hoist people up for a gutwrench suplex or dead-weight german. I don't know how he is on the mat wrestling and submissions. Haven't seen too much of that out of him.
>>
Fuck off, Jasethyfag.
>>
>>2813599
How fucking long have you been watching to say such retarded shit? Jerry Lynn and RVD were doing what he did and far better way back then before Rollins was even a wrestler. RVD is going to go down as one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time.

Then of course there is Eddie Guerrero who is also far better and Rollins cites as his favorite wrestler and an inspiration. There have been tons of wrestlers that do what Rollins did and better. In all seriousness it is a lot easier to just say-

18+ kiddo
>>
>>2813599

Eddie was better
>>
>>2814355
>Jerry Lynn and RVD were doing what he did and far better way back then before Rollins was even a wrestler.

RVD is a good mention, but Jerry Lynn as talented as he is doesn't hold a candle to the raw power and speed of Rollins. Plus he is very small.
>>
>>2814878
>Eddie
Overrated CW manlet, Rey was better than him as a draw and wrestler.
>>
>>2813618
SCSA actually tries really hard to keep up with WWE, for whatever reason. He watches all the PPVs and at least tries to catch the highlights of the tv. From everything I've heard him review of the current product, he seems to have somehow managed to stay a fan and not be bitter. He'd probably watch less if it wasn't content for his podcast, but he doesn't seem to hate the stuff. Hell, he's generally more positive about WWE than I am.
>>
>>2814116
I believe he could do the power spots. If anything, he could probably do that better than he used to. His issue is mobility. Ever since the injury he came back with a heavier build than he had before. It feels like Triple H compensating for his reduced in-ring ability after his quad tear by putting on more muscle. Rollins lost a step, so he's making up for it by bulking up.
>>
>>2814900
Yeah, Eddie's been horrendously overrated after his death. Honestly? He was better in WCW than the WWE.
>>
>>2814900
Eddie could be incredible when he was on form, but his strengths were more his charisma and psychology. Rey could do more in the ring than him because he hadn't put on way too much muscle to try to get a push, and had 8 years less mileage on his body. Not only does all that muscle slow you down, it also puts more of a strain on your body when you try to do an athletic style because all your joints have to carry that extra weight. Eddie was destroying himself for a decade trying to be a main eventer, and that will definitely hurt your in-ring ability.
>>
>>2813655
I know that feel.. Fuck, I'm glad he's alright
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.