[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3

File: TmYAwcv.gif (982KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
TmYAwcv.gif
982KB, 380x253px
Everybody used to love him circa 2013. Thought the WWE should push him to the main event.

Now everyone hates him. What gives? Have people simply been worked?
>>
>>2808860
"people" started hating him because he actually quit WWE to be his own man, which absolutely infuriated the e-drones
>>
>>2808863
Hi Cody!
>>
I mean listen to that crowd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQTrlGtl7R8
>>
>>2808860
Yeah people got worked.
Anti smarks hate him because he looks like a CAW
Smarks hate him because he proved that WWE guys are gods compare to all outlel shitters. They're going to cry when he beats Okada for the title
>>
He's great at character work but not much to speak of inring. WWE was the ideal place for him.
>>
>>2808875
>not much to speak of
What exactly are you referring to? He can do all the prerequisite flips, flops, and dives necessary for indie wrestling.
>>
Smarks like to think they are the gatekeepers of what is acceptable. Now that Cody is winning every belt and admitted he makes more money than when he was in WWE they will act like they 'allowed' it and say shit like 'I didn't like him last Tuesday but he's improving!'
>>
the only people who hate him are a handful of smarks who want to pretend his indie run has been bad, probably trying to fit it.
>>
>>2808860
He's a whiny bitch. He debuted with an absolute garbage move list and a regular ass DDT as a finisher. Way too young, way too green, way too skinny(not that he's beefed up too much) but still won his first title at about 21. He constantly got matches but also mic time but he got pissy that he didn't get to be world champion so he tricked everyone thinking that WWE were holding him back and despite the fact that he constantly got time on tv, constantly had feuds and was allowed to cut promos and reinvent himself about 3 times and each time he still got exposure.
>>
I like him but I don't know if his matches in NJPW are doing him justice. I'd like to see him wrestle someone like Naito see how it is when he goes all out.
>>
I don't hate him.

I just don't like him, he's really boring and pushed for nepotism, he also whines a lot.

But I approve his decision of quitting that mess WWE is right now and go try his own.

And yes, in 2013-14 the crowds were still hot because WWE still hadn't split the Shield, Daniel Bryan was getting pushed and Roman hadn't started his cancer solo run.

Now it's all dead.
>>
That whole Rhodes Vs Authority angle should have ended with Cody Vs Goldust(c) for the WHC at WMXXX. Instead they just stayed together too long and jobbed to the Old Age Outlaws.
>>
>>2808860
>Everybody used to love him circa 2013
https://youtu.be/oG8hg8LifNE
And the crowd goes mild
>>
>>2808874
Smarks love Cody you dolt, reddit and wrestlingforum have been jerking off to him for years.
>>
>>2809007
>tldr He doesn't do enough flips
>>
He has been pushed harder than reigns in many indie promotions, he gets 2 world title shots and for a guy that is free from his WWE chains it still feels like he wrestlers for them because his style is so slow and dull, his matches in NJPW where all 2.5 stars, he is just there to be used as a middle finger for WWE.
>>
>>2809130
Doesn't he have like 3 flips in his move lit? Considering he has 5 moves total that's a lot an your statement is laughable.
>>
>>2808860
It's the way he carries himself as if he's a big deal when he was a jobber in WWE.
>>
>>2812217
CAWdy Rhodes and CAWdy apologists eternally btfo
>>
I can't be a fan of anyone with a lisp.
>>
I liked when he wore that mask. Too bad they never did anything worthwhile with it.
>>
Cody is fine, like most here are saying I believe the problem is the McMahon marks just couldn't handle that Cody would dare be successful elsewhere. E fags need to believe that outside of wwe there is no way for a wrestler to make a living.
>>
DASHING cody rhodes was the only time i liked him
>>
>>2808874
>Smarks hate him because he proved that WWE guys are gods compare to all outlel shitters.

He didn't even make the cut for the G1, he ain't winning shit.

>>2809135
>He has been pushed harder than reigns in many indie promotions,

Who do (You) honestly think you're fooling here?
>>
The guy isn't even pushed himself
It's the bullet club that is being pushed because other than Dalton the. BC is the only thing that the ROH has
>>
>>2808860
>Everybody
t. someone who has never left their echo chamber of wew/reddit
>>
>>2808860
>Rollins taking the best bump since HBK
yeah lets put him in slow, plodding matches against a 40 something HHH at mania
>>
>>2812401
>the best bump since HBK
redditor. that move looked like shit and it looked like it caused cody more pain than rollins.
and rvd was alwas a much better seller than hbk.
>>
>>2808860
He just latches onto the hard work of others.

>Dusty Rhodes' son
>Orton's little buddy
>Goldust's half-brother w/shitty ripoff gimmick
>Bullet Club/Young Bucks rub
>Continues to reference his dead dad at every opportunity

DOING IT ON MY OWN
>>
>>2812392
Bullet Club was a mistake.
>>
Fuck cody rhodes, whiny faggot is what he is.
>>
>>2808860
He just simply fails to deliver. Juice ended up better than him. Then he got to work with Big Mike, fail again. They both got in G1 Climax, because they can promise great matches with diverse opponents. You can't say that with Cody.

>inb4 it's just NJPW.
yeah be my guest and tell me other great matches he have outside japan
>>
>>2812425
>Orton's little buddy

But the gap between these is when he did his best work
>>
>>2808860
WWE drones suffer with abandonment issues, happened with CM Punk, Ryback and Cody all left WWE and they seethe at every one of them but would love them again in a heartbeat if they returned.
>>
>>2812494
His whines have truly brainwashed you people. Don't know if it's sad or pathetic.
>>
>>2812521
>pretending E-Drones haven't got clear abandonment issues
>>
>>2812532
I guess, but Cody Rhodes is not good and WWE actually pushed his pathethic ass more than his talent level deserved. WWE is pure cringe and garbage right now and they've dropped the ball on a lot of talent and storylines. Cody "Rhodes because I'm the son of Dusty Rhodes" Runnels is not one of them.
>>
>>2812538
>actually pushed his pathethic ass more than his talent level deserved

kek this is a company that's still pushing Jinder fucking Mahal

Cody always delivered with everything WWE handed to him.
>>
>>2812494
What makes you think only edrones hate him? He's overrated coming out from the big corporation with people pretending he finally came out of his shell, and finally got exposed in the indies. Suck it up and tell Cody to work better match, and maybe he'll earn legit respect like Juice did.
>>
>>2812544
He delivered a borefest. Two wrongs don't make a right. Jinder and Cody don't belong in the main event.
>>
>>2812570
>delivered a borefest

So...what do (You) think we're talking about?
>>
>>2812574
>putting you in brackets
>trying this hard to fit in
>>
>>2812588
>ducking the question
>>
>>2812521
>>2812552

I love how you both darted in on Cody and ignored the fact that I was referring to all three of those dudes and anyone else that is a "quiter". Look at all the petty CM Punk ear memes and cringey asf posts about how bitter Ryback is, ironically all stemming from resentment by seething WWE faggots who can't handle someone "leaving them", now that is sad and pathetic.
>>
>>2812630
Well technically with Cody and Stardust gone it's 2 people leaving them (JUST like Daddy)
>>
>>2812630
Yeah, I don't really give a shit and I kind of agree with what you're saying overall, but Cody is whinny and WWE gave him more than he deserved.
>>
>>2812655
A brief midcard title push and some tag runs amongst literal years of not doing shit with him?
>>
>>2812658
Not holding a belt is not the same as "not doing anything". He had, what 3-4 gimmicks in the 6 or so years there? And one IC title and 4 tag team titles is a lot considering his talent level. He was constantly getting TV time and was aloud to cut promos. Others guys didn't get this luxury despite being more over than he could ever dream.
>>
>>2808860
Everyone doesn't hate him, it's the E Drones butt blasted because he told Vince to take his job and shove it up his senile ass
>>
>>2809090
>walks in
>gets clothes lined like the boring CAW he was
kek
>>
>>2813475
Quite the opposite. I dislike he WWE product but I watch New Japan and ROH and I want his bland ass out and back on Vince's dick.
>>
>>2812274
His mustache was the best.
>>
File: 1490582089662.jpg (57KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1490582089662.jpg
57KB, 900x506px
>>2809007
>>
>>2813578
I liked his mustache better than I like him.
>>
>>2808860
Hes literally been given everything near the level of roman reigns but for some reasons smarks convinced themselves hes an underdog.
>>
>>2813700
fuck off Nami

You don't even watch rasslin' anymore
>>
>>2812676
>Not holding a belt is not the same as "not doing anything".

Probably a good thing I never actually said it was, then.

>aloud
>>
>>2815260
It's exactly what you said, fagget.
>>
>>2815274
But it's not...
>>
>>2812302
He's not in the G1 because he won the RoH title. RoH isn't going to let their champ in that tournament unless he's going 8-2 or some shit, and that's obviously not going to happen. Meltzer already confirmed the plan was originally for him to be in the G1 before RoH decided to put their title on him.
>>
>>2815307
Meltz speculating on reasoning isn't facts lad
>>
>Now everyone hates him.
>Now shitposters on /asp/ hate him
ftfy. This is a meme that, for whatever reason, is posted on pretty much any board on 4chan. Someone says "everyone hates" in relation to a person, TV show, video game, etc. but the reality is that it's just a handful of contrarian schmucks that """""hate""""" it. Go to other wrestling boards or talk to wrestling twitter and you'll realize that Cody is pretty much adored by everyone.
>>
>>2815512
>ftfy
go back
>>
>>2815512
the fact that redit likes him because his whines worked them only proves what a turd CAWdy is.
>>
>>2808860
He left the company and found a degree of success which whips the e drones into a frenzy.
>>
>>2815307
Considering that's true, why the fuck do you pass on the chance to be in G1 just to be a ROH champ?
>>
>>2815534
>latching onto the decaying corpse of the bullet club as it sinks further and further down in relevance and coolness is success
Damn
>>
>>2808864
this meme sucks
>>
>>2815534
Then why isn't everyone jerking off over Del Rio? Yeah, Del Rio was pushed a lot harder than Cody, but both are whiny bitches who always wanted more than they were given, quit the WWE, were immediately treated as big deals wherever they went and then gloated about how well they were doing.

Am I allowed to not like Cody, but also not be a jealous, WWE shill? I think Cody has been boring for a long time now and never was/is/will be main event/superstar material. But I also completely respect him for sticking to his guns and GTFO of a dead-end place. I think he has all the right tools to be a great upper midcarder and when he gets something good to work with, he can absolutely run with it. There have been countless times where I wish they strapped a rocket to his back and ran with it, but even then, that rocket should stop well short of the World Title picture.
>>
>>2815534
>about
This meme need to stop. I've been watching New Japan for 4 years and Ring of Honor since 2003. CAWdy is your guy, you e drones made him, you keep him. I don't need him crapping up my entertainment.
>>
>>2815921
Also it's pretty shit knocking off Daniels quite fast who has been fighting for the champion spot like more than 5 years, or even outright forgetting other homegrown ROH talents. All for the sake of pushing Dusty's son who barely even in the indie no more than a year.

>inb4 worked by a heel
>>
File: 1484637585675.gif (172KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
1484637585675.gif
172KB, 497x372px
>>2809090
>The pop when Jericho clotheslines him is louder than the pop for his entrance.
>>
>>2816012

The crowd clearly wanted Cody to win, and ROH is pretty good about listening to their fans and giving them what they ask for. Since the crowd was begging for Cody as champion, they gave it to them.
>>
>>2808860
Tbh that move looks like hes taking the bump. like hes doing a finisher in himself baron corbin style
>>
>>2816012

Yeah. Featuring Cody is great for business, but shoving ex-WWE guys to the top while relegating more "home grown" talent is a large part of what killed TNA.

Also, in storyline, how is Cody getting these championship matches? He screwed Lethal out of a 1v1 championship match when he weaseled his way into it, turning it into a triple threat. And then, after losing, ROH gives CODY the 1v1 rematch, not Lethal.

In kayfabe, what fucking idiot is making these decisions?
>>
>>2812425
Cody hated the Stardust gimmick. That was one of the reasons why he left
>>
He's the living proof that nepotism is nothing more but a smark delusion. Top guys will always rise to the top regardless of relation.

>son of Dusty Rhodes, aka THE GUY in developmental and had a say in creative process or at the bare minimum Vinny Mac's ear
>never won the Dubya Dubya E title, nor the big gold one (a lesser employee, IRS who is a roadie agent had his son win the Dubya Dubya E title despite being an absolute joke jobber)

He'll be back someday but he will still be a lower midcard guy at best and that's the best position he is in.
>>
>>2816590
>Also, in storyline, how is Cody getting these championship matches?
He said his last name earned him another 1v1 match after that triple threat.
>>
>>2817029
>>never won the Dubya Dubya E title, nor the big gold one
He would've eventually, they've given those titles to real jokes before. CAWdy was just an impatient bitch that though this was his time despite the fact that he's mediocre incarnate.
>>
>>2817059
>impatient bitch
Now hold on.

In his defense he was already with the company for a decade or close.

The fedora tipper won his first title in like 3-4 years coming in from the main roster. Jinder, who is in the same batch as Cody won his first title 6-7 years in and he was future endeavored before.
>>
>>2808860
He's pretty okay, better than most. The problem is that he gets over naturally, and will even get a push for it. But they don't really do anything big with it, and it just fizzles out. This leads into mediocrity, and they try to solve it by reinventing him, only to do the cycle over again.

Wrestlemania 30 should have had Cody vs Golddust.

>TLC 2013, Cena vs Orton
>Orton officially stops being Triple H's goon, and they hate each other - instead of that angle where things went nowhere, after Orton accidentally hit Steph.
>Orton wins
>HHH gives Cody the briefcase that he threw into the ocean a few months earlier, he wins the title from Orton
>Cena, vs Cody, vs Sandow at Royal Rumble (Orton vs HHH)
>Sandow wins
>Elimination Chamber match is for the WHC
>Sandow is the first to be released, him and someone else eliminate Cody first
>eventually the final two are Sandow and Golddust
>Golddust wins
>Cody beats Sandow on Raw in a #1 contenders match
>Cody vs Golddust for the title at Mania
>Golddust retains, the two start fighting after the match
>Golddust electrocutes Cody, and he turns into Stardust

Brother vs Brother = ratings
I'm not saying the match would be good, but literally no one can argue that having both titles on Orton was a good idea - since they split the titles up again two years later.
>>
>>2817164
He was only there for about 7 or 8 years but he started early and was utter shit for the first 2 years or so. It took him a long time to get to the level he is right now in the ring(mediocre) and to finally beef up a bit because he was a skeleton and he didn't even have tights to cover up his skinny legs. You could easily argue that worse talent have held those two titles but it is a fact that better talent never has or only briefly held one of them.
>>
>>2808860
>>2808866
Wow I just went and watched this match.

The crowd is so fucking into it. Even just a couple years ago.

Man, the current product is garbage.
>>
>>2813578
this. based mustachio rhodes was the best.
>>
>>2815619
because he needed a world title to solidify his career. kenny cant even get the iwgp world title, let alone new japan giving their belt to cody.
>>
>>2817479
Yeah but Cody getting it would be a lot more shocking and unpredictable. It would be a real TWEEST!
>>
>>2808866
Cody was looking like a legit upper middle card towards main event talent here. He got the right push coming out from rhodes/shield storyline to get over with the crowd who couldn't get behind his in-ring talent. But I really don't remember what happened to him after that. Is there any follow up to begin with?
Just like when Dolph became the sole survivor defeating the authority at survivor series, was there any follow up on that? Whatever happened to Shane vs Undertaker stipulation, and did they explain why Brock can get away from the title defense clause? Why Rusev is not appearing on SDL when he is advertised to appear? Why Cena or Taker are suddenly a free agent?

This is the company that the fans believe thrives on storytelling and emotional investment.
>>
>>2817578
>Fantasy booking
Go back
>>
>>2817578
Old age outlaws won the belts and then they did a storyline where cody felt he wasn't good enough to be his brothers tag team partner because he kept losing matches for him culminating in becoming stardust.
>>
>>2817581
Which part of the post is fantasy booking?
>>
Worst finisher ever. Just the generic move they gave to every "up and comer" from 2005-2010
>>
>>2808860
It's not that people hate him its that nobody react anymore. Nowadays people aren't that emotionally invested into the story because they want the story to go their way.
>>
>>2818892
Gee it's almost like WWE has spent the better part of the last 2-16 years telling its audience their reactions don't matter
>>
>>2818904
It's because they are getting to quite
>>
>>2818934
>to quite

breh
>>
>>2818945
> Quiet
I mean
>>
>>2818966
Crowds are getting "to quite" BECAUSE the WWE has beaten any enthusiasm outta them.
>>
>>2818974
Im just saying the same popular storylines have been going on since the 80s. No one cared until almost recently.
>>
>>2818991
yeah look at all the evil authority figures and "lol you're not REALLY booing our superhero" anti-faces there were in the 80s

The fuck does that have to do with your claim of crowds being "quite"?
>>
>>2808881
He's not fluent, even in chain wrestling he seems disorientated.
>>
>>2818997
>Quiet

>Mainstream crowds are shit who whine on the internet because their favorite wrestler didn't win yet.
>>
>>2819023
>old man yells at cloud
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.