[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOAT commentator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: tazz.jpg (19KB, 455x304px) Image search: [Google]
tazz.jpg
19KB, 455x304px
GOAT commentator
>>
He's better than any of the current color commentators they have. Corey Graves may be better, I'm not sure, I tune out a lot during raw.

I guess the brooklyn accent is too thick for Vince.
>>
>Welp, here comes the pain
>>
>>2797747
Agreed
>>
>>2797752
Corey Graves is fucking terrible
>>
He's not the goat but he's very enjoyable. He worked best with Cole and Styles. Really wasn't the same paired with JR or Tenay.

And when he was with Adamle... good lord. Vince must've been cringing and wincing like a madman producing them.
>>
Yeah no doubt about it Cole
>>
>dug up my Hard Knocks Benoit DVD
>have it on in the background
>WIld Pegasus vs Great Sasuke in Super J Cup Final
>Tazz spends a good chunk of the match talking about how he dislikes Great Sasuke because he busted him up

kek
>>
>>2797776
lol i wanna hear that
>>
>>2797747
Samoa Joe did commentary?
>>
>>2797747
>Look at Taz
>LOOK AT TAZ
>This man was a killer, he was a machine, he was a wrestler. A great wrestler, a real man
>and now he's a fat, little, obnoxious color commentator, and not even a good one
>>
Right in the ambag area
>>
not for nuttin
>>
>>2797747
Not even top ten of WWF.

1 JR
2 King
3 Gorilla
4 Vince McMahon
5 Ventura
6 Heenan
7 Cornette
8 Piper
9 Hennig
10 Savage
>>
>>2797996
>1 JR
18+
>>
>>2797999
More like 30+, ya old fuck
>>
>>2797996
>Gorilla that high
>Heenan that low
>no Heyman
would you be serious!
>>
>>2797999
Trolly trips.

The list is only vaguely in order. But JR claims top spot not for his day-to-day commentary, but because so many of the historic moments in 90s WWF became imprinted on people's minds because of his words, descriptions and contextualisations.

He found a way to put over every talent the roster had, from Scotty 2 Hotty to Corporate Rock, whether his JR character liked them or loathed them. And he did it so subtly and with such a lack of ego that fat internet berks 20 years later are still able to under-estimate his talent for the job.
>>
>>2798008
Heenan is GOAT manager, but his commentary was often about putting himself over. Which in itself is not so bad, but is not the primary role of a commentator.

If you have every talent ONLY looking out for their own interests, everyone hits a brick wall and cancels each other out.

Heenan had way more lulzy moments on the desk than Gorilla, but Gorilla was better at the primary function of the job: putting the talent over - face or heel - in the way they were supposed to be seen by the fans at the time.
>>
I never remember Hornswoggle on commentary
>>
>>2797996
JR and Ventura are undisputed 1 and 2. Taz was MUCH better than Piper and Hennig barely did anything. Cornette called B-shows and one episode of SD.
>>
>>2797747
the goat with cole, no one buried him more than taz with his barrage of "HAHA COLE IS GAY" jokes
>>
>>2797996
Based Savage commentary

https://youtu.be/WoztY_4P_08?t=8m2s
>>
>>2797753
so fucking based.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZLI0XggFuE
>>
>>2798008
WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.