[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0279.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
What went wrong?
>>
>>2793805
He never did flippy shit
>>
"Yeah i'll do the job today, just make sure I win a few in the future, hey Vince?"

And Dolph never won again
>>
They never really got behind him, they only got behind him for fits and spurts, never really put any true momentum there.

He tried too hard to be HBK, didn't try hard enough to be himself.
>>
Has HBK ever said anything about Dolph Ziggler? Not counting the Spirit Squad days.
>>
Instead of emulating HBK/Billy Gunn he should have tried to be a fusion of Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude. A semi-perfect athlete who's got a good but not ravishing body.
>>
He got injured at the wrong time similar to Barrett and that slowed his momentum. He's so meh on the mic also. He's always needed someone else to help get him over, Vickie Guererro, Aj Lee..
>>
After Survivor Series they had nothing for him because that storyline was suppose to go to Roman.
>>
>>2793894
Him being sole survivor means nothing at all. Did he even get a title shot?
>>
>>2793897
It meant something for the character because the fans were really behind him. A couple weeks later he was jobbig again.
>>
File: 1493605629071.jpg (36KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
1493605629071.jpg
36KB, 450x449px
>>2793894

>it's another blame roman episode!
>>
>>2793902
I'm not blaming Roman, I'm blaming creative for having literally nothing for him after Survivor Series.
>>
>>2793897
The stip didn't even hold up for fuck's sake.

He came out at 30 and got BUILD NEW STARS'd at the Rumble. Was part of an admittedly crunchy as fuck Ladder Match at Mania. Then after that he went into the Rusev feud and I feel like that's when people started really turning on him because that feud was a fucking black hole of misery.
>>
>>2793885
That'd be a superior gimmick than what he's been. Someone from The LAW said Ziggler should've had a repackaging when he turned heel, and they were right. New look, new music, the whole nine yards. As it is, it's still the same old Dolph, except he wrestles babyfaces now.
>>
he's still my favorite in the roster. they gave him shitty bookings all the time, even when he showed that he can get over easily with the crowd
>>
>>2793981
He literally didn't change a single thing. Dude's as good as ever in ring but it's become apparent since he finished his feud with the Miz that he's just going through the motions everywhere else.

He doesn't try to heel it up, he didn't change his entrance, I remember one time he was wailing on somebody with a chair and the audience yelled "ONE MORE TIME" and all he had to fuckin' do was pick up the chair and then toss it aside and he didn't. He doesn't act like a heel on Talking Smack at all. Dude just doesn't give a shit about anything except the wrestling anymore.

Which, fine, I guess, I certainly can't blame anybody in this company for going through the motions when you see them putting the strap on a guy like Jinder.
>>
File: DCZiK5DXgAAK7Hc.jpg (115KB, 640x1395px) Image search: [Google]
DCZiK5DXgAAK7Hc.jpg
115KB, 640x1395px
>>
Bad promos.
Bad finishers.
Got injured when at his hottest.
Despite being a truly great wrestler he's only had 1 or two memorable matches throughout his entire career.
Gimmick has now become "I wish I was Shawn Michaels".
>>
Bad booking ruined him to the point I don't give a shit if he cuts the most entertaining promo or has a 7 star Meltzer approved match. I can't stand looking at him
>>
>>2794081
His gimmick used to be "I wish I was Billy Gunn". Why does Vince not like him?
>>
>>2794081
this tbqhwyf
he's like a beta hbk
>>
>>2793878
Yeah. He said he likes him, but tried too hard to be like HBK.
>>
>>2794081
This is what's weird about him, he's a really good wrestler and his whole gimmick is "the show stealer", but I can't remember a single truly great match he's had.

Like, there's the TV match he just had against Nakamura. A couple of his matches against the Miz last year. What else?
>>
>>2794135

I remember he had a ladder match against Cena for his MitB but I can't even remember if it was good, I just remember I was relieved he won.
>>
>>2794135
Ladder match with Harper for the IC title. Survivor Series 2014 match. That's about it. He's arguably the most overrated worker of all time.
>>
>>2793890
Ziggler was red-hot when he returned from injury.

And the first thing that they did with him was get his head kicked in by fucking >Alberto
>>
File: bige.png (249KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
bige.png
249KB, 353x332px
>>2794022
WTF I love Dolph now!
>>
>>2794135
That's because you started watching last year
>>
>>2793805
He thought he was mainevent material ripping off every member of DX except hhh.
>>
>>2794081
>Bad promos.
>Bad finishers.

Look at the current WWE Champion and tell me that matters.
>>
>>2794387
Literally nobody, and I mean nobody, has just started watching recently. The only people left are autists who are in too deep to quit.
>>
>>2794400
Jinder's promos and finisher are bleh, but at least he has a defined gimmick, and the window dressing with the Singh brothers and carpet are a lot more interesting than what Ziggler has got going on.
>>
>>2793805
They missed the fucking boat with him years ago, due to HHH not liking him and it's kind of too late to salvage him.
>>
He's a cheap ripoff of shawn michaels, which has basically turned him into a joke.
>>
>>2794411
>gimmick

It's a bad implementation of the most cliched and tired gimmick.

>window dressing

Meaningless when he's still a bad promo and worse in-ring.
>>
I remember sometime last year that Dolph had exactly a 50% win rate over his entire career. Dudes booking never lets people get behind him
>>
>>2794443
Mark Henry was salvaged after fifteen years.

Jinder Mahal is the current WWE World Champion.
>>
>>2793805
Never got any better and tried way too hard to be the next Shawn Michaels without sucking Vince's cock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHlc3SDGxNQ
>>
His main achievements (Cashing in, being the sole survivor) getting quickly undone has just soured people on getting behind him and his in-ring skills have been surpassed by the indy guys.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.