[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Problem with the women's MITB match booking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

I personally found what Ellsworth did to be funny, but it's not the kind of thing you want in your highlight packages for the next however many years they do women's MITB matches.

The problem with this kind of booking, and WWE make this mistake a lot, is that it doesn't get enough heat on the heels. WWE constantly hit you over the head with the fact that it's fake, but then when they book something to get people legitimately upset they expect people to hate the heels for it. That's not how it works. If you constantly remind people that it's all fake and push the brand as bigger than the wrestlers, people are going to blame WWE. They forget anything bad the heel did a week or two after it happens, because they're just performers out there giving lines. They're 'entertainers'. It just becomes another thing you wish the company hadn't done.

The Authority angle might have been boring, but at least it was a little more honest; WWE would come out and make people miserable, and none of the full time wrestlers would benefit. Then people would decide to stop watching.
>>
Worked by based WWE's 4D chess
>>
Fuck off sideways! Nobody wants to hear your ignorant personal taek.
>>
File: 1496313512327.jpg (36KB, 582x406px) Image search: [Google]
1496313512327.jpg
36KB, 582x406px
>>2787557
>watching WWE in the year 2017

I found the problem

/thread
>>
>>2787557
>sjw seething
>>
This is the conclusion I came to. It gets heat, but it also kind of undermines your product. When you make yourself look like a joke just to pop a rating for a couple weeks, that's not really long term thinking.
>>
>>2787614
>/thread your own post

Are you flexible enough to suck your own dick too?
>>
SJW's got worked/triggered at the expense of some trash tier division no one cares about. Surprised WWE was capable of good booking.
>>
>>2787557
The crowd popped harder for ellsworth climbing the ladder then at any other point during the match.

Despite what the cucks at whatculture are trying to tell you, womens wrestling is still not over, hell, its not even as over as it was during the attitude Era.
>>
>>2787703
This. Bring back having a 2 minute divas match once a week so people who can wrestle worth half a shit can get TV time.
>>
>>2787703
No, these women are not over. Women's wrestling is over when booked well and talented people are pushed. You must be deaf if you couldn't tell crowds were into the Charlotte/Sasha matches. They were chanting Sasha's name when she came out just a couple of weeks ago
>>
>>2787714
send them back to being glorified strippers or take the chains off them so they can actually have a match that hits hard and might actually make me put them on the same level as Medusa or Chyna.

This halfies bullshit isn't working, despite all the "Historic firsts" they throw out there for the sake of creating poor artificial hype.

After all this womens revolution nonsense the most over person on the female roster is James Ellsworth. Well done everyone.
>>
wwe is a corporation, a corporation does not give people what they want, they control and sell people what they want to, Vince will never let sjw shit happen, he's also going against it to gain notoriety. I can tell he's sick and tired of stephanie ruin his business, that's also why he brought back shane.
>>
>>2787716
and then she told them to shut up so she can give her promo.
>>
>>2787703
If you don't know WHY they popped, you are just stupid. They popped becauase they thought he will get kicked down from the ladder by someone. They were not expecting him pull down the briefcase.
>>
>>2787780
Just like people pop when Roman Reigns comes out in hopes that someone will pin him right?

Please don't be stupid.
>>
>>2787557
The problem with it is the first time you do something in wrestling you should just do it straight. You don't need to swerve anyone the first time around. Just have one of the women win the thing the traditional way and go with that story. That's strong enough on its own the first time around without needing to spice it up.
>>
>>2787783
They started booing when he unhooked the briefcase. Just listen to that. It's obvious.
>>
>>2787595
>>2787617
I just said I personally enjoyed Ellsworth grabbing the case in my OP. I didn't personally have a problem with it. But I feel like it will hurt WWE's business, so it's a stupid decision as a whole. Believe it or not, WWE does have a significant minority female audience. It's been that way since total divas (they also loved The Shield).
>>2787817
This is a good point. You just need a compelling story/match. 'First time' is usually enough. Adding swerves is overbooking, and can undermine things if you're trying to make something credible. You have to establish credibility first. A newly made championship are won cleanly (Finn Balor Universal title, TJP Cruiserweight title, etc.), the first (and most of them) Royal Rumble is won cleanly (Jim Duggan 1988), the first (and most of them) King of the Ring was won cleanly (Don Muraco 1985), the first Money in the Bank match was won cleanly (Edge 2005), the first Elimination Chamber match was won cleanly (Shawn Michaels 2002)
>>
>>2787780
Seriously. They expected him to get knocked down and after that, they expected the match to get restarted. Nobody liked that finish in the building and you're just being obtuse if you think they did.
>>
File: 1496086029643.jpg (12KB, 314x271px) Image search: [Google]
1496086029643.jpg
12KB, 314x271px
>>2787695
[spoiler]maybe... just maybe...[/spoiler]
>>
The problem is that they aren't willing to take risks, they are extremely afraid of hurting the feelings of anyone, catering to "family friendly shareholders" was the worst thing that could happen to this business and it shows every, single, time.
>>
>>2787557
have sex
>>
>>2788595
>disney exists
>tells great stories
>makes money hand over fists
>wwe exists
>has contempt for audience
>watching it is like playing pull my finger with a senile jackass
>ratings plummetting

hmmm really nhwiufhbajliaers my femnrfloolabros
>>
>>2787731
>Few years from now
>RAW ratings continue to plummet, in the toilet
>Smackdown! has risen steadily
>Steph and Shane are arguing in the ring on some pretext or another
>NO CHANCE, YOU GOT NO CHANCE
>Vinny Mac saunteres out to the ring with that briefcase from the brand split
>Turns out the brand split was a competition to see who would inherit the company
>Vinny talks about RAW ratings in the dump and Smackdown! doing well.
>Gives the briefcase containing all McMahon shares of WWE to Shane
>"Good luck Son"
>Steph looks shocked as it's a worked shoot doublecross
>Hunter looks shocked
>Shane goes nuts and runs around while the crowd does Yes! Chants
>Turns out Vinny tanked RAW on purpose in order to ensure that Steph wouldn't take over because he was on to her bullshit

How hard would you mark?
>>
>>2788577
>spoilers outside of their respective boards

Leave newfag.
>>
>>2787557
I don't give a fuck about women's wrestling but obviously neither does WWE because they do shit like this. Why waste both our time?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.