[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4914.png (162KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4914.png
162KB, 750x1334px
Is he right?
>>
Nope. To imply smarks don't enjoy wrestling solely because they read about behind the scenes stuff is silly. It's sometimes a factor but not even close to being a major one.
>>
He absolutely nailed it, thing is wwe want people to watch the product, but there are losers with no life who discuss and think about wrestling all day and these people are ruining the fun for themselves and everyone. The Internet ruined wrestling
>>
WHAT DOES EVERY BODY WANT??
>>
>>2785634
>but there are losers with no life who discuss and think about wrestling all day
Carter and Dentonfag are here all day shitposting about wrestling and that's even worse
>>
>>2785648
WHAT DOES EVERYBODY NEED??
>>
>>2785625
So he is begging a WWE contract?
>>
>>2785634
There are losers with no life who discuss and think about movies all day and the fun isn't ruined for them, except when months and months of shit movies come out, but even then they talk about classic movies and interesting tidbits of how they came to be.

Sound familiar? Wrestling is shit because it's shit. It's not the fans fucking fault! It's become a remake kiddie version of it's former self, like releasing a remake PG version of Die Hard where McClaine can't say Motherfucker.
>>
>>2785625
Absolutely not. I hate attitude like this. Why don't the WWE, dare I say it, actually make a good product again? Then maybe people wouldn't fucking complain.

Also, if wrestling fans didn't go online to talk about booking and the ins and outs of the industry, the WWE would lose almost all its audience. The best part about wrestling is coming online to bitch about it.
>>
>>2785661
DIMES
>>
>>2785634
Your average stamford bootlicker, everyone.
>i-it's the fans fault the show sucks
>>
>>2785683
>It's not the fans fucking fault!
They are when they hijack shows with their backwards chants. They borderline ruined the Goldberg/Lesnar buildup to WrestleMania by turning on Goldberg (the babyface) just because he squashed their indie darling (Owens) who isn't even a tenth as big as a draw as Goldberg is.
>>
I knew very well back then that it was fake, and there was rumors about shit happening all the time too, the only difference I see compared to 20 years ago is that now it's easier to get gossip about wrestlers and also easier to get into the indie scene.

That's it pretty much, we used to talk in school about what might happen or not in the next RAW episode during the week, and wondering who will win the next big PPV just like how we knew that Jericho signed with WWF and that made us all the more excited for it. The issue is that current WWE fucking sucks.
>>
It's always funny to me when people like Cornette and this dude bitch about 'exposing the business' despite YouTube being full of them doing shoot interviews.

The hardcore fans Al Snow is upset about are the ones who make the conventions that old wrestlers eat off of profitable.

But at the same time I kind of agree with him in the sense that my enjoyment of wrestling and even other tv shows is a little watered down when I know every little bit of what goes on behind the scenes. I like for there to be a little illusion even though I know it's all staged.
>>
>>2785634
Bullshit. The internet and dirtsheets were around in 1999 and wrestling was still booming until at least 2002

Shows like Tough Enough and Total Divas ruined wrestling by giving away all the all the secrets of the business and shitting all over kayfabe

Along with WWE being a monopoly, making their show for children, incompetent writers and changing wrestling from tough men simulated fighting to an 'acrobatic performance' with clear cooperation
>>
>>2785912
Wah! The fans!! It's the fans!! How dare they get a say at what they want! How dare they cheer the full timer over a part timer who is past his prime. Wahhhh! Mommy I want my bottleeeeeee!
>>
>Go back to knowing nothing about wrestling
>But still keep spending absurd amounts of money on it and listening to shoot podcasts that are the only thing keeping guys like me off the street.

Checks out.
>>
Al seems to operate on the assumption that wrestling can't be shit which WWE has most definitely proved it can be.
>>
File: MAYBE.jpg (33KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
MAYBE.jpg
33KB, 770x433px
>>2785912
>They are when they hijack shows with their backwards chants.
MAYBE if the product was entertaining, they wouldn't need to do chants to entertain themselves.
>They borderline ruined the Goldberg/Lesnar buildup to WrestleMania by turning on Goldberg (the babyface) just because he squashed their indie darling (Owens)
MAYBE Goldberg squashing Owens was a stupid decision and everybody knew that the Goldberg/Lesnar feud never needed the belt in the first place.

MAYBE when you have a really compelling angle, fans react exactly how you want them to. See: AJ vs. Ellsworth. It's impossible to get AJ booed most of the time but the angles were well written so people cheered Ellsworth and booed AJ.

MAYBE WWE should stop insulting their fans intelligence and just make a product that's fucking good.
>>
Yes. Stay away from the dirtsheets and online forums and just watch it for what it is. It's much better
>>
>>2785625
The WWE has the fans it deserves and they won't change them now, after years of training.
>>
>>2785693
>it's leaked months in advance that batista/roman/whoever will win the rumble
>people dont like it
>they watch anyway
>complain about who won

You retards sure are a special bunch
>>
>>2785625
he thinks everybody reads dirtsheets
>>
>>2786063
>they watch anyway
RECORD LOW RATINGS
>>
>>2786063
>There are more matches on the PPV than just the Rumble.
>The Rumble itself is very entertaining and can have surprises, debuts, returns, as well as any manner of fun spots and feuds for Mania getting kicked off irregardless of the actual winner of the event.
>Plans for the finish may change anyway.
Somebody here is retarded for sure, but it's not who you're thinking.
>>
>>2785912
Again, blaming the symptoms for SHIT WRESTLING.

Creating a shitty build up for Goldberg/Lesnar ruined itself! Every cringy fucking Goldberg promo and garbage match was enough to sour the fans. He sucks and shouldn't have fans, but he still does because of morons like you who don't have a clue. Sorry people don't like awful wrestlers and wrestling like you do, drone.
>>
>learn more about music
>appreciate music more
>learn more about movies
>appreciate movies more
>learn more about any art
>appreciate that art more
>learn more about wrestling
>BRAMPFLL STAHP NO DO THAT !!
Al Snow is potato.

Knowing about wrestling doesn't prevent me from enjoying NJPW. WWE is just shit.
>>
Yes

marks >>>>> smarks

As if, as a fan, you should give a shit about dimes or draws etc. Smarks just use insider terminology to sound cool but the worst is the lelzter drones who spam spoilers to ruin a kids TV show.
>>
>>2786194
>2017
>there are smarks still posting on /asp/

i thought we ran you neckbeards out of here.
>>
Oh look it's Al Snow that irrelevant guy who never drew a dime
>>
>>2786203
every wrestling fan over the age of 12 is a smark
if you know what smark means, you're a smark

go to bed kid
>>
>>2786210
>SMARKS

lmaoing at ur life

gain hight
shave that neckbeard
have intercourse
>>
>>2786213
do you know what smark means or are you using a word you don't understand?
>>
>>2786014
Yeah but still you never had rock and Austin tweeting and Facebooking every 5 mins. There was still some mystique surrounding the characters. Depending on your age I suppose, I was 10 in 1998 when I started watching my brother was 14 so by the time he was 16/17 he was regular on the dirt sheets but he never spoiled it for me, I knew it was scripted but still it was exciting as fuck week in week out Austin McMahon feud, even my grandparents were watching with us genuinely interested and knowing the storyline, having their favourite wrestler lol. every week was genuinely hype like wtf is going to happen next week ?!?!?

Then smackdown came along and the ECW guys it was sick. I was a huge Rock mark , the shirts the sunglasses the catch phrases he was fucking gold. I stopped watching around the time Orton and batista started and picked up again 2014.

There's literally no one on the roster today who can be taken seriously or you can suspend your disbelief and enjoy except maybe Brock ? Theres no long lasting coherent stories or feuds or personalities. Undertaker was cool but should of left after defeat from Brock. The rock will always be great but he's never gonna come back seriously.
>>
>>2786210

this

really poor bait whenever someone says "smarks btfo!" if you know wrestling terms and you're not a wrestler, you're a smark.
>>
He's right. Having kayfabe discussions with friends is a lot more fun than talking about backstage politics
>>
>>2785634
I don't do this and think it's still mostly shit. Now what, faggot?
>>
>all those marks itt getting worked by fucking Al Snow of all people
He hit you where it hurts did he?

It's not about discussing wrestling online. It's about bitching and crying and moaning if something won't go the way that you fantasy booked it or telling wrestlers how they should wrestle.

And I'm not defending WWE booking or storylines because they are getting worse and worse every year but to say that it's only on wwe is crazy. People pushed for women revolution and now instead of hot girls having 5 minute matches, we have 2 horses putting on a botchfest for 20 minutes. And I'm not even going to mention their promos.

And the whole Goldberg and Owens situation just proves how stupid smarks are.
The booking didn't go as smarks planned and their precious indy darling lost. So first thing they do is to bitch on and internet and boo Goldberg and destroy viewing experience for most people.
>b-but Goldberg-Lesnar d-didn't need the title...
And Jericho-Owens did? That storylines was hot with or without it. So what, we should have put it in Roman-Taker?

And out of this whole thing, we now have a gimmick for Owens that acutally works and is the best thing that he did in his whole wwe run and Lesnar vs Joe dream match.

Smarks should sometimes just relax and enjoy the ride instead of
>b-but my favorite wrestler lost ;_; wwe s-sux!
>>
>>2786237
not really, because anyone who knows the terms are "smart" to the business, but only become smarks when they buy into the product heavily (that's what a mark is) but so much it goes into a booking perspective. A mark would suggest that Ellsworth taking the women's money in the bank makes him an asshole and would be happy when the women get revenge, a smark would hate the company for making the finish and suggest that Vince hates women. Two vastly different philosophies.
>>
Imagine wannabe directors overanalyzing movies, only to scratch their heads when casual fans have a vastly different and disconnected opinion from them.
>>
>>2785625
Literally fucking who? This randos opinion means as much as the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.
>>
Every did playfighting as a kid, Al. That's about as much insight needed to understand wrestling entirely.
>>
Like someone said in the last thread about Al Snow saying stupid shit, Al's just a carny who's mad that the customers know the games are rigged.
>>
>>2785625
this is objectively wrong.

it has been proven objectively wrong multiple multiple times.

hell the fact that smarks still watch is evidence enough.

Daniel Bryan had an organic rise.
people are attracted to genuine rise, whether or not they can articulate why.
Reigns is an example of, wow this shit is so obvious it makes it simply bad television.

Brock is another good example, people love to watch him whether or not they know the outcome of the story line.

the irony here is that is Real vs Fake.
Real rises people passionately get behind
>>
Don't worry Al, you can continue make a shit show because millions of pseudo intelligent fans already left.
>>
at first i didn't buy it, but after reading through every post in this thread, Al is definitely correct.
>>
>>2786054
MAYBE u should stop cutting promos on asp you fucking dweeb
>>
More like:

I got into the product when it was great; it's no longer great. Why should I keep watching?

It's like a franchise: the first movie is great and then you watch it decline with each sequel; I can't just turn off disliking things.
>>
File: sad truth.png (1MB, 1359x767px) Image search: [Google]
sad truth.png
1MB, 1359x767px
>>2786583
This, smarts worked themselves into a shoot and ruined wrestling for them but >>2786210 is right too.

>if you know what smark means, you're a smark
I just want to go back, the poos have it right.
>>
>>2785625
You faggots should stop taking a pg fake wrestling show for kids so seriously. Why do you fucks expect so much from a kids show? Its no different than those corny nickelodeon shows.
>>
>>2786236
>Theres no long lasting coherent stories or feuds or personalities.

This isn't the internet's fault
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.