[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial arts with knee injury?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1497481463740.jpg (45KB, 306x333px) Image search: [Google]
1497481463740.jpg
45KB, 306x333px
6'4", 220lbs, around 18% bf
So I have a partially torn meniscus and supraspinatus tendonitis.
I'm probably joining the army(conscription) somewhere in the next 6 months and I'd like to pick something up in the meantime, preferably judo or boxing.
What can I do with these injuries without catastrophic damage? I'm not looking for something ceremonial, like aikido.
>>
help me out you fags
>>
>>2782414
I quoted your thread in /mag/ because otherwise no one is gonna find it.
>>
>>2782559
thank you! I browse /fit/, /diy/ and /m/ mainly, had a hard time with the generals
>>
>>2782414
judo will destroy your knees
go with boxing
>>
this isn't a wrestling thread wtf
>>
Your only priority should be rehabbing that knee, especially if you are getting conscripted in the near future
>>
>>2782571
There's so much foot work in boxing though.You're pretty much screwed if you want to learn a combat sport. Take up weapons like stick fighting or fencing.
>>
>>2782414
Grab a high tensile strength jump rope, tie it around your neck and hang yourself.

With that knee you will be a liability to your comrades. Better take yourself out of the equation now and not endanger other soldiers.
>>
>>2784609
oh 4chan <3

>>2784588
>>2783572
yeah I'm worried about that. Guess I should push back my plans until 2019
>>
>>2782414

Boxing is fine.

Friend of mine got a very bad knee injury and switched from Kickboxing to Boxing and gets along very well.

Just listen to your body: go slowly and if it starts to hurt, take a break.

Even Judo is an option, if you don't overdo it (for example I would focus on getting good technical and not do randori - no club will force you to do randori). You can get very technical in 1.5 years and save the sparring practice for later, when your leg is good again.
>>
>>2785139
>Just listen to your body
This.
>>
>>2784609
Not all the people in the army goes to combat in the front line, retard. Plenty of soldiers stay in the barracks and base doing administrative stuff.
>>
>>2787660
The base and barracks can still be attacked.
>>
>>2787660
I take it you are one of those pussies who can't hold a rifle and thus were relegated to the office where a filling cabinet fell on your head, causing this severe retardation.

Really makes you think...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.