[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with WWE booking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: WWE.jpg (45KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
WWE.jpg
45KB, 670x409px
Seriously, what's up with how they book faces and heels? All the heels are inarguably right about everything they say. If they're just telling the truth, what's bad about it? And the faces are just incompetent and/or stupid.

Look at the Miz/Ambrose feud. If this was a movie, Miz is playing the lovable fool main character, who's doing his best to get the girl and truly loves her, but accidentally keeps messing up. And Ambrose is the asshole who makes his life miserable. Right about now is where he's supposed to steal Maryse from Miz.

And Big Cass is right about everything. He's just trying to be good at his job and earn success, and this dickhead he's paired with is too busy getting his ass kicked, pissing off Rusev by attempting to steal his wife like the massive heel he is, or trying to fuck fried chicken.

Bayley is literally retarded because she thought she could get into a 'combat sport' without hurting anyone, and she's bad at her job. Seth Rollins is an evangelising crybaby. All their Japanese wrestlers are stupid and child-like because if they don't know English as a first language they're obviously not intelligent I guess.
>>
You posted what's wrong with their booking in your pic.

You also left out 'everyone from another country must fly around their flag and try to get the crowd to chant USA! USA!'
>>
Heels being right isn't a bad thing, it should make the story more compelling. The problem is none of the faces are likable or competent enough to get behind them despite the heels correct points.

As for the cause, they've just got too many hours to fill.
>>
I just fucking hate how rigid and stale the heel/face dynamic is
>Emma comes to ringside to attack Bliss
>ends up helping Bliss beat down Sasha instead because lolbothheels
It's like they're simplistic robots and the only logic they can follow is
same alignment = friend
opposite alignment = enemy

Is it so much to ask that these people have individual motivations and don't just follow a hivemind mentality?
>>
>all of OP's complaints are for RAW

Really makes you think...

>>2781663
>they've just got too many hours to fill.

WWE was just as bad back when RAW was 2 hours and they were separate shows.
>>
>>2781679
It was a different kind of bad. They'd have awful segments especially with the guest hosts but they had more stars and the show wasn't such a grind to get through.
>>
>>2781695
It was exactly the same kind of bad.

>"more stars"

Debatable, since there were a lot of big-time departures in the early 2010s
>>
>>2781663
Heels should be right from a certain perspective, not right every way you look at it to the point that you don't know why to cheer the face.
>>2781677
That would probably make things a little more interesting, but it means putting thought into it and WWE seem to like booking lazy. It's why they do so many multiple person matches and screwy finishes.
>>2781679
Most of my complaints are for Raw because I just watched/skipped through it. But that thing about Japanese wrestlers extends to Nakamura. Smackdown has its own problems, but the only real issue I have with their face-heel dynamic is that Orton is never a believable face. But whatever, he gets decent crowd reactions.
>>
>>2781705
Exactly the same kind of bad is still worse if it's 3 hours. Simple math would tell you it's one and a half times worse because it takes that much longer.
>>
>>2781709
Nakamura isn't really very different to himself pre-WWE. His entire schtick was being weird.
>>
>>2781743
He's not very different, but there have been changes for the worse and it feels like they're going to do more.
>>
>>2781750
Welcome to WWE signings and Vince getting hands on with them
>>
>>2781743
His act is the same but his work dropped off. It's the sizzle without the steak.
>>
>>2781767
Nakamura had been phoning in for a lot of his latter NJPW matches, too. It's not a new thing.
>>
>>2781743
It's not that he's weird, it's that he's child-like. Sami Zayn annoyed the shit out of AJ but Nakmura says 'I like him!' And the week before he was talking about a playground.
>>
>>2781631
>Seriously, what's up with how they book faces and heels?

They have completely unlearned good booking. As you say: The babyfaces are all unlikeable idiots, the heels are either cool monsters or speak the truth. Nothing gets any heat, nothing has a consistent and comprehensible direction. Everything looks like it is decided on a whim It is an utter clusterfuck.
>>
>>2781789
Yeah, that stuff. It's a bad sign.
>>2781793
I think meltzer recently wrote about how Vince loves booking things on the day of the show. I think it was specifically about the MITB winners historically, and how Vince decided them more or less based on who he liked that day. Apparently after Ziggler won Vince immediately lost interest in him. Would have lost his push regardless of if he got injured.
>>
>Divas match happens
>entire Divas roster must come out and all brawl with each other
>all meanie Divas must team with each other to battle Goody Two Shoes Divas
>this must happen EVERY SINGLE TIME
>>
>>2781810
Nothing but 6-women tag matches
>look at how well we're utilising our women's division
>who needs feuds, storylines, championship contenders, character development, etc.?
>>
File: DB7z5_bXcAAUuno.jpg (206KB, 960x1200px)
DB7z5_bXcAAUuno.jpg
206KB, 960x1200px
The Miz is one of the most respected wrestlers in the WWE locker room today.

AJ Styles says Miz is one tough cat: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0327/609016/aj-styles-on-if-he-got-heat-for-knocking-out-miz-tooth/

Daniel Bryan admits the Miz is right and awesome: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/01/wwes-daniel-bryan-tells-espn-his-televised-fight-with-the-miz-was-real/?utm_term=.3e837126939f

Foley is a Mizfit: https://www.kekbook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/1235809239782545:0
https://www.kekbook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/1385044308192370

J.R. thinks that Miz kicks some verbal ass: https://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/50214

Don Tony & Kevin Castle Show went from saying Miz can't cut promos to Miz owning Daniel Bryan's ass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btH0K5-VjQ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH-jA4aXt8c

Triple H says that the Miz is the best on the mic on the current roster: https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-triple-h-praises-the-miz-calls-him-the-best-on-the-mic-in-the-current-roster

Samoa Joe sings high praises of the Miz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgPbuD-rCY
http://411mania.com/wrestling/samoa-joe-says-a-feud-with-the-miz-would-be-compelling/

Vince Russo thinks Miz is born in the wrong era and that he would've been a mega star in the Attitude Era: http://www.ringsidenews.com/2017/05/08/vince-russos-brand-recap-miz-wrong-era-sheamus-reckless-worker-wwes-double-standard/

Ricochet (Will "...Dive" Ospreay's Rival) thinks the Miz is one of the best things in Pro Wrestling today: https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/865695469296537600

Steve Austin says that the Miz entertains him: https://youtu.be/BLdFR9CNzl0?t=32s
>>
>>2781663
This. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is right about Hulk Hogan.

But Hulk Hogan was such an over Super Babyface that it didn't matter.
>>
File: chadcross.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
chadcross.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>2781837
Meanwhile on based NXT, these two have been feuding on and off for 6 months with a last woman standing match on the way to settle things once and for all.
>>
>>2781841
It's nice to see everyone come around on Miz. Found him entertaining ever since he was teaming with Johnny Nitro, and loved when he started doing his Johnny Cage Hollywood gimmick.
>>
>>2781663
Dean always gets big pops, which amazes me with how they've booked him. OPs point about Ambrose right now stands though, as it seems he comes out just to dick around as opposed to getting his title he was cheated out of back.
>>
>>2781893
Not to mention it's not totally clear who's the heel and who's the face, Asuka is motivated by her own arrogance and proving that she's the best while Cross is a demented lunatic who just wants to rip Asuka to pieces. No Disney-channel tier meanies vs goodies angle, just uniquely motivated characters who it's on the audience to decide who is right.
>>
>>2781631
>>2781649

I believe Chris Jericho once said during his podcast with the Big Show they're really just wrestling to please one guy.

So yeah. Vince.
>>
>>2781971
This is honestly a much bigger problem with the current main roster product than people give it credit for.
>>
>>2781971
Cross is heel
Asuka is tweener
>>
>>2784584
They're both tweeners against each other but straight up heel against anyone else, especially in Asuka's case.
>>
>>2781971
This. Asuka and Nikki's characters actually have some flexibility and don't feel like cookie cutter bullshit. As >>2781677 said, the main roster characters are usually so one dimensional. They'll avoid fighting or even team up purely because "well hey we're both baddies and that person isn't".
>>
>>2784753
Based Haitch bringing interesting personalities back to this shitty company
>>
>>2781649
i can't believe that fans still fall for the old USA chants. i mean, can't the fans see that it's a really old tactic for cheap pops?
>>
>>2781810
the women have almost no personality besides being a face or heel. and their storylines always involve more than 2 divas. vince don't give a shit probably cause there are too many women on the roster
>>
>>2781986
It was in one of his books
>>
Vince McMahon has always been a bad booker. He has a rolodex of bad ideas that he uses, and that's it. We've seen his cards time and time again and they are all utter failures. The only time WWE was every good at what they did, people went off script, did their own thing, or it was stolen from another promotion. THE END.

Die Vince Die chants need to start happening to either get him to retire and fuck off, or to actual die.
>>
>>2785493
USA jumped the shark after 9/11. Not into conspiracy theories but I wish it was an inside job, it'd be the biggest backfire in the history of mankind
>>
>>2785991
I think Vince excels at taking other people's ideas and improving them. That's some kind of talent and not everyone can do it. The problem is he bought all his competition and he's senile
>>
>>2781841
Based Miz drawing in respect and dimes.

He has even elevated Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel.
>>
>>2786053
And he's surrounded himself with people who are afraid to come to him with ideas they don't think he'll like. People who are just there to tell him what he wants to hear and entertain him.
>>
>>2786053
>I think Vince excels at taking other people's ideas and improving them.
That's fucking easy to do when it's already been laid out and you can see the pros/cons of those angles. We can literally all do that, and revamp someone else's angle.

He still fucked up a lot of them and made it worse by injecting WWE style branding, wrestling, and their overused tropes.
>>
>>2781841
Only marks hate the Miz.
>>
>>2786053
kek that explains why almost everybody is significantly worse under his watch
>>
>>2781663

>Heels being right isn't a bad thing, it should make the story more compelling.

Sure, but they should be unambiguous assholes about it, and the faces should themselves have a point AND be likeable, strong, competent wrestlers, instead of impotent underdogs no one likes because they're ungodly douchebags most of the time.
>>
>>2781663
This.

>Strowman is the biggest face in the company
>Roman Reigns cut the greatest heel promo of all time the night after WrestleMania and they're *still* trying to push him as a face
>Literally everything Cass said was 100% correct and nobody has a shred of empathy for that no-talent ass clown, Enzo
>Carmella should not have had to give up the MitB briefcase, there's zero justification, the interference could have been booked better, but you seriously can't break a rule that doesn't exist
>Universal Championship is full-on Canadian Girlfriend at this point
>>
>>2781631
Op don't you know that people who speak truth are considered the evil?
>>
>>2788069
>Reigns cut the greatest heel promo of all time

Imagine actually believing this.
>>
>>2788134
The heat from "This is my yard now. *Drops mic*" could have melted titanium.

The problem with Reigns has never been Reigns, but how they book him; he is not and will never be a "pander to the crowd with memes" face like Cena, he has to be an unrepentant badass who is booked more like a force of nature than a man, who responds to slights and just having a bad day by handing out cans of whoop ass.

Like when the League of Nations screwed him over at TLC and he was handing out chair shots like Oprah? Crowd was 100% behind him, and they couldn't leave it alone.

Who they want him to be is not who he is. He's not Hogan. He's not Cena. He's not Daniel Bryan. He's Stone Cold.
>>
>>2789151
People were literally chanting "Fuck you" before he even said a word.

The promo was irrelevant.

>He's Stone Cold.

kek GTFO
>>
File: 1494958814899.gif (2MB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1494958814899.gif
2MB, 510x510px
>>2789151
This.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.