[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meltzer: "WWE can't make another John Cena"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: download.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 205x246px
Alvarez: "How do you make another John Cena if he is the only one who appears on both shows?"

Meltzer: "You think that they can make another John Cena? They have been trying for years and they got nobody. Even if WWE had the ability to do so, and they sure don't, they don't got the guy. Who's the guy out there?"

I think that this was a pretty interesting and sad discussion. With the numbers falling like they are, WWE could be in trouble in a few years. http://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-radio/wor-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-smackdown-money-bank-more-237306
>>
Good. Fuck WWMeme
>>
>wanting another John Cena

Wtf's wrong with you?
>>
>>2760482
Another John Cena in terms of drawing power and mainstream appeal...
>>
File: skm5VTk.png (21KB, 588x379px) Image search: [Google]
skm5VTk.png
21KB, 588x379px
>>2760495
Yeah hes been great for them
>>
Let's have a non autistic conversation for once. Meltzer talks about WWE's situation in 2019 and it's really fascinating.

http://kiwi6.com/file/wy3y7x1aud

Go to 54:18
>>
>>2760508
Better at drawing than the indiefag manlets we're stuck with atm
>>
>>2760508
is there and updated version?
>>
>>2760527
I know I've seen one that starts in 2014 and shows the huge downturn post WM in 2015. Anyone have it? It shows when certain events happened too, like Goldberg returning.
>>
WWE has great trouble making babyface stars, that's for sure. It's not they don't have the talent - they got plenty - they just don't appreciate them. It's all Roman Reigns or bust. Now if the guy could draw, it wouldn't be a problem, but he's been damaged good from day one.

>>2760508
There are more factors than just Cena. Stone Cold turning heel, Raw a three hour show, too much focus on the Entertainment part, too little on making new superstars, etc.
>>
File: 1339463502564.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1339463502564.gif
2MB, 200x150px
...Meanwhile Roman is a bigger draw in WWE than anyone has ever been in the history of Japan. Meltz can jerk off to his vanilla jap fantasies all he can, but the truth is savage.
>>
File: 1497511464988.jpg (108KB, 540x735px) Image search: [Google]
1497511464988.jpg
108KB, 540x735px
>>2760553
>roman is the bigger draw
fucking hell my sides man.
>>
File: rosenberg-djing-commentary.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rosenberg-djing-commentary.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>2760553
(YOU)
>>
>>2760449
They should go full Attitude Era again. Bring back kayfabe, cut out the BAStar and cancer bullshit.
>>
>>2760508
>That dip before the Attitude Era

So... We're due something magical for 4 years then absolute shit for 12? I can dig it.
>>
Alvarez is an idiot
>>
>>2760509
I'm about 10 minutes away. I'm listening my way there, famm.

Dave is weird. He laughs at WWE failing to create another true superstar but he doesn't go all out and shit on WWE. Alvarez is like 75/25 shitting on WWE and Dave is like 40/60 shitting on WWE "I mean...it was just okaaayyy." I think like most of us, he really likes the talent they have but dislikes their company culture and management.
>>
>>2760711
>I think like most of us, he really likes the talent they have but dislikes their company culture and management.

It's frustrating because the current WWE roster is among the most talented in company history, and the booking is among the worst in company history.
>>
Meltzer keeps saying they don't have a guy and I just don't agree with that.

They have more than one person who could be a guy. A guy at the level of a John Cena? That, I dunno, but they could totally have a beloved babyface FotC type guy who breaks into the mainstream and gives WWE some real cultural relevance.

They just don't fucking want to. They sandbag their own talent so they won't bail like Punk, Rock, Cena all did. They don't want a situation like where Conor McGregor can hold the company hostage by himself.
>>
>>2760643
Is NJPW going to bring everyone back to wrestling like nWo did? Don't think so.
>>
>>2760553
>Roman
>Draw
1.75 ratings
>>
One key factor that made Cena who he was, was his remarkable consistency to his on-screen character and loyalty to the company. Other all time greats like Hogan and Austin weren't nearly as devoted to their boss and willing to do anything he wanted them to go out an do.
>>
>WWE can't make another John Ce-
>>
>>2760495
He is a C+ celebrity anon. He was never a mainstream appeal. Yes I want another john cena but not much will change in terms of rating.
>>
Kenny Omega could be the next Cena

Or they could just offer Okada a 10m/y contract with creative control so he can shoot down their shit ideas
>>
>>2760495
Women and children aren't mainstream. Neither have or spend money.
>>
>>2760508
>three hour show full of bullshit
>its just one guy's fault

This is what outlaw faggots believe
>>
>>2761099
Okada's best and brightest ideas- well, idea:

COUNTER ALL THE FINISHERS, THEN 45 REGULAR FUCKING SHORT ARM CLOTHESLINES WITH AN AUTISTIC NAME. KEEP FUCKING DOING THEM UNTIL THE GUY HAS AN ANEURYSM AND ALMOST DIES. THEN DO IT TO THE JANITOR WHO FOR SOME REASON IS...A TERMINATOR WITH A MOP? MAYBE? JUST COUNTER MORE FINISHERS. SIX. FUCKIN'. STARS.
>>
>>2760449
Can we all agree meltzer is redditcore and shouldnt be accepted here?
>>
>>2761159
So that is why he was by far the biggest merch seller for years...
>>
>>2760482
They tried that during the first year of Roman's push. They literally booked him exactly like Cena. And that is why fans turned on him. They just dealt with a decade of Cena, and were tired of him. They didn't want samoan Cena.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (47KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
47KB, 330x319px
>>2760553
>Ramen
>draw
>>
File: 1497502603311.jpg (159KB, 741x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497502603311.jpg
159KB, 741x900px
>>2761205
>WWE Drone absolutely seething.
>>
File: 1482370252260.jpg (92KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1482370252260.jpg
92KB, 344x315px
>>2760553
>Record Lowman Reigns
>Who had lower ratings than Seth
>Who had lower ratings than DEAN for fuck's sake
>a draw
>>
>>2761019
who said anything at all about NJPW? lol
>>
>>2760495
>declining viewership
''''''mainstream appeal''''''''

Dude, under Cena wrestling became a fringe cringeworthy entertainment. He never had any.
I get it, he was your childhood hero, but wrestling was far more popular and actually mainstream before Cena came around.

John Cena or Cena inspired characters do not have half of the cameos Stone Cold Steve Austin had.

Austin was in Celebrity Deathmatch during MTV top days, he was on Nash Bridges, Dilbert, had a Futurama episode based on, sport figures still celebrate to this day using Austin's beer bash. Where the fuck is all of that for Cena?

Austin was a mainstream figure, Hogan was as well. Cena? Nope.
>>
>>2761631
Cena KILLED wrestling for millions of people. This isn't news. All these people praising him now are just the kids who grew up. He's the same shit he's always been. Never did anything interesting and was always a corny act that was embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>2761511
Based Brett Wells, Memeltzer destroyed
>>
>>2761659
Thank god that UFC rose the same time Cena was pushed. It was the perfect double turn. Everyone with a brain jumped ship right at that point. Can't believe 2-million are still stranded on the sinking WWE ship though.
>>
>>2760508
>The way the TV landscape is today is exactly the same as it was in 1998
Stupid d'Weebs
>>
>>2760723
So they have the same problem TNA had 10 years ago?

Did they just hire their creative?
>>
>>2760449
kek
>>
File: Bait The Dust.webm (464KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bait The Dust.webm
464KB, 1280x720px
>>2760553
>>
>>2760553
kys
>>
>>2761659
Bullshit. Rapping thuganomics, ruthless aggression heel Cena was pretty good. Five moves of doom, Im here to give Vince a hard-on Cena is shit. He's great on the mic and in the ring but suffers the same fate of dozens before him. He's hated for what Vince made him, not who he is.
>>
>>2760508
Cenetty was only a draw for the first 9 months of his reign and then everyone promptly got tired of his shit.

Edge unironically was the bigger draw
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.