[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> This was better than those two matches that I thought were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4599.jpg (44KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4599.jpg
44KB, 320x180px
> This was better than those two matches that I thought were the best ones I’d ever seen.
>It was the two best wrestlers in the world at this point in time, both in the best match of their lives.
>We are seeing history with this Okada championship run and this Omega vs. Okada program.
>This is the modern version of the 1989 Flair-Steamboat series, which consisted of three major national shows (they also did dozens of house show matches, most of which were close to the level, at least one of which was above the level, of the three national matches, which is something Omega and Okada didn’t do).
>Omega and Okada are right now scheduled for three matches this year, and after two, they are well ahead in comparison, even factoring in the time and place elements.
>I don’t know how you could top it, except some day, like everything, it will happen. **6.25**

BASED CLEANER
GOATKADA
>>
When wrestling is this good, nothing is better.
>>
Steamboat Flair was a better feud and I think Dave knows it too

He overrated and gave wk 6 stars and now he's stuck
>>
The third will be seven stars
>>
>>2758759
both vanilla midget.
>>
>>2758773
>6'0"
>6'3"
>>
>>2758775
I've been to shows Kenny is 5'10 tops
>>
B
A
S
E
D
>>
File: Okada.jpg (186KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Okada.jpg
186KB, 500x333px
>>2758773
>vanilla midget
>6'2
>yellow
>>
>>2758759
>**6.25**

WWE IS DONE SON.
>>
File: NJPW_Kenny01.jpg (316KB, 1275x1920px) Image search: [Google]
NJPW_Kenny01.jpg
316KB, 1275x1920px
>>2758778
Kenny is a legitimate threat.
>>
>>2758784
I don't see how Meltzer can cover WWE seriously now. He does seem disinterested when he does cover it, so maybe he doesn't take covering them seriously. You can hear the joy in his voice when he talks about NJPW though.
>>
>>2758790
He genuinely likes watching NJPW wrestling. He doesn't enjoy WWE TV, but is enjoying every minute of chronicling their decline. He knows it's a big deal, that you can't explain away WWE's loss of viewers as anything but a disaster, and something bad is going to happen to them.
>>
>>2758790
he rates WWE matches on a different scale than other promotions

a 4 star wwe match would be a 2 star match in njpw

pathetic!
>>
>>2758806
That is bull. WWE doesn't even give their talent enough time for an epic match to even take place so nothing develops. The highly rated NJPW Matches go 25-30+ minutes
>>
>>2758790
>>2758805
If you listen to him and Alvarez talk about WWE, Alvarez gets so pissed off, but Meltzer just doesn't seem that invested at all. But when he talks about other stuff, you can hear the difference in how much he cares.

I think WWE is just a job to him. He covers it because that's what people wanna see and he doesn't really care that much that it sucks.

I guess he's been around long enough to know this shit is cyclical.
>>
>>2758812
Dunne vs Bate got 15 minutes yet got 4.75. Time isn't an excuse.
>>
>>2758815

E Drones don't realize how much Dave actually defends the WWE and is just continuously disappointed by their product

Alvarez just shits on WWE and is hilarious as fuck
>>
>>2758828
Definitely.

Alvarez will just relentlessly tear on their choices again and again and Dave will always be the one playing devil's advocate and going "well, this is why they did it, this is their logic."
>>
File: huh.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
4KB, 222x211px
I like Dave Meltzer and New Japan a lot but I just can't help but feel a bit weirded out over how much I disagree with him

First off, this match had fairly poor storytelling
Secondly, the first match was way better
Thirdly, the first match didn't deserve 6 stars
Fourthly, it didn't even deserve 5
Fifthly, there have been way better matches in New Japan within the past half decade that deserve these rankings way more

Guess that's just my shitty opinion, though
>>
>>2758843
Ishii?
>>
>>2758759
does Meltzer talk about 205?
>>
>>2758765
Did you see the matches?
>>
>>2758834
Indeed

I also think Bryan lurks / posts here. During a WOL, he said, "Die hard WWE fans are like a cult..... Well I'm not gonna say it, its a bad analogy" implying the Jonestown mass suicide E Drone posts that gets put on this board
>>
>>2758843
It's ALL opinion mate, don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>2758855
Yes I have them on vhs
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (60KB, 420x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
60KB, 420x570px
>>2758759
Based Big Dick Dave giving a GOAT match what it deserves.
>>
>>2758952
Mia yim got some fat yella tiddys

Is she gonna be in the tournament?
>>
Big Dave's thunderous 6 1/4 inch dick
everybody's getting fucked
>>
>>2758952
Based Meltz confirmed ALPHA
>Seething beta Drones
>>
>>2758812
Ishii vs. Okada was 5 stars and didn't even go for 20
>>
>>2758759
E DRONES BTFO

APOLOGIZE
>>
>>2758843
how did it have poor storytelling?
>>
>>2758843
If you think that, you're right. Star ratings are a personal opinion. Okada vs Omega is Dave's current favourite style of wrestling performed the best he's ever seen it. If it's not your favourite style of wrestling, it doesn't deserve the same amount of stars from you.
>>
>>2758849
I think he talks about it on the wednesday show with smackdown. They don't always spend much time on it because Observer subs aren't that interested.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.