[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ric Flair's Opinion On Dave Meltzer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Ric_Flair.jpg (18KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ric_Flair.jpg
18KB, 315x400px
>Ric Flair calls Dave Meltzer the second
>most influential man in professional wrestling
>after Vince McMahon.

>He also said wrestlers always ask what
>Meltzer has said about them

So, quite possibly the greatest professional wrestler (many legends' favorite wrestler) says Dave Meltzer is highly respected. So, I guess this means that NJPW really is, dare I say, THE GREATEST ORGANIZATION IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING TODAY.

>2:40 into the video.
>https://youtu.be/0-fOa639gko?t=156

Have a nice day!
>>
Ric Flair also known to drink.... a lot
>>
>Ric Wreck
Opinion discarded, let me know when Arn says something
>>
>>2757725
You don't like his respected opinion so you slander him. Admit it, you lost.
>>
>>2757725
same with 90% of old wrestlers
>>
Reminder that Bret also highly regards Meltz and was proud to receive praise from him
>>
File: BretHart01.gif (2MB, 189x200px) Image search: [Google]
BretHart01.gif
2MB, 189x200px
>>2757750
In other words, the wrestlers who were talented enough to carry matches with even the worst wrestlers in the business. The actual, "wrestlers".
>>
>>2757718
>I think
>you may
>
>have
>autism
>>
>>2757771
Stop deflecting from the topic at hand, which is that Dave Meltzer is respected by the sixteen time world champion, and hero to the legends, The Nature Boy Ric Flair. Jim Ross also highly respects Meltzer.
>"Given a lot of credence and credibility to the
>business" -Ric Flair on Dave Meltzer
>06/14/2017
>>
>>2757790
Read this as
>Dave Meltzer is the sixteen time world champion.
>>
Ric Flair and Bret Hart arguing about who Dave Meltzer thought was a better wrestler:
>https://youtu.be/0-fOa639gko?t=886

>Ric Flair actually read The Observer Live on
>Nitro

And people say that Dave isn't respected... Haha!
>>
>>2757790

The only people who don't respect Meltzer are the shitty guys who couldn't work or draw unless they were working with an actual godd worker and a draw like Flair.
>>
Makes sense. Flair helped ruin wrestling and turn it into dude workrate lmao flipz and divez instead of the matwork based style of Buddy Rogers and Lou Thesz.
>>
>>2757790
>you seem
>to not understand
>your autism
>knows
>no bounds
>>
>>2757718
FLAIR HAS PROVEN NOT TO BE CREDIBLE
>>
>>2757802
>Work rate
>Buddy Roger VS Lou Thesz in 60 minute time
>limit draw
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEROugeKfOs

Where else have I seen two workers wrestle to a 60 minute draw recently... I'm trying to remember...

Also, when does Ric Flair so flips and dives?
>#Headlock
>>
>>2757718
If wrestlers respect his opinion, that's one thing.
But saying he's influential, that's another because i'm not seeing it.
>>
>>2757815
*do
>>
>>2757809
You wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to say that to Arn Anderson's face.
>>
Meltzer has autism. He loves the repetitvness of the Flairs oner the top turnbuckle spot in every match. The Woooos also communicate to the autistic community and it's a calming mechanism
>>
Meltzer's Dominion ratings when
>>
>>2757827
Hopefully soon. He says it was the best show he has seen in ages. It will probably win The Observers show of the year.
>>
>>2757827
Tonight. Newsletter always comes out on Wednesday.
>>
>>2757718
E Drones bash Meltzer while he defends / justifies wwe booking at times

Fucking idiots
>>
File: Dave_classics01.jpg (169KB, 844x437px) Image search: [Google]
Dave_classics01.jpg
169KB, 844x437px
Only a few more hours until we have another five star match rating for NJPW from David.
>>
File: 1485549367471.jpg (76KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1485549367471.jpg
76KB, 1024x576px
>>2757718
He's not saying at all that he's highly respected based on your post.
Him being the second most influential man in professional wrestling and Flair saying wrestlers always ask what Meltzer said about them could be pretty much himself saying what's wrong with the business right now, which is precisely the fact that the wrestlers are listening to that hack and others "critics" or "journalists" online and are basing all of their success in the snowflake star ratings they give to the matches.
Even Scott Steiner referenced this issue in a promo, basically saying "don't ask for those marks opinions, ask us (the legends, the people that had ACTUALLY wrestled) what do we think of your matches, we'll tell you that you suck".

In the issue of if NJPW is the greatest organization in professional wrestling today... No, and Meltzer shilling about it and giving them 50 stars a match isn't going to change that, at all, just like he couldn't kill Vince in the 90's with all those stories about the steroid trials or right now that he's obviously trying to elevate the career of Kenny Omega
>>
>>2758047
Ric Flair said to Dave Meltzer that he is highly respected in the interview. Listen to it. It's very entertaining and has a lot of great stories from the 80s.
>>
>>2758047
Where the hell do you guys get that Meltzer is trying to sabotage Vince or the WWE? Despite smarks despising Roman and smarks are Meltzer's target audience Meltzer still praises Roman and his work rate.
>>
>>2758092
E Drones are delicate little snowflakes that feel threatened whenever somebody like Meltz criticizes the product (while defending it, mind you)

They basically cherry pick criticisms and ignore how Dave Meltzer defends shitty booking / storylines / character development, etc

Same E Drones who fucken nutted themselves when Dave rated MITB 2011, 5 Stars
>>
>>2757795
sup Dave
>>
>>2757718
literally who
>>
File: 601.png (86KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
601.png
86KB, 588x588px
>>2758106
>E Drones who fucken nutted themselves when Dave rated MITB 2011, 5 Stars

really does activate the almonds
>>
>>2757718
literally who
>>
>>2757718
Ric Flair is a shitty husband, having been divorced. He is a shitty father, one of his children died from an OD and another has nude pictures all over the internet. Flair has shitty judgement, his opinion is meaningless
>>
Lol literally no one doubts Meltzer's influence in the industry outside of the delusional autsitic /asp/ posters who anti-smark shitpost because Nash told them to.

When Meltzer gave Okada / Omega 6 stars Stone Cold watched it then had Meltzer on his show so they could talk about how right he is for an hour. Even fucking Cornette respects Meltzer and the guy is a walking symbol of everything Cornette hates.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.