[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is New Japan's weekly show like? What is it like compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: lion_mark_original_on_black.png (719KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
lion_mark_original_on_black.png
719KB, 800x800px
What is New Japan's weekly show like? What is it like compared to wwe weekly show? It seems like I only hear about NJPWs ppv's and nothing about a weekly show. Do they focus on storylines or just the wrestling?
>>
File: 1496808942105.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496808942105.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
Not sure if bait, but just incase it isn't.
There are no weekly shows. the wrestling is the 'storylines.'
>>
They dont really have weekly shows. they make all their money off PPVs, but imagine if they did have a full weekly show like RAM they would outdraw WWE shit quickly
>>
>>2757429
>the wrestling is the storyline
and that's all you really need in pro wrestling
>>
They have a weekly show on AXS TV that are matches from ppv events usually several months old. Sometimes they show two hour long episodes back to back.They showed the last Wrestle Kingdom about a month afterwards tho, and will be airing the American G1 Special live both days. The commentary is done by Jim Ross and Josh Barnett, and is pretty damn good. As others have stated, the storylines are minimal. Dont expect to see soap opera antics, backstage brawls or the usual WWE tropes. They do have worked injuries sometimes but the injuries always occur during a match.
>>
My question wasn't meant to be bait at all. I know very little about njpw but I've heard really good things. The reason that they are considered better by some people is because they aren't overestimating their product. Is this an accurate statement?
>>
>>2757458
Sorry I meant oversaturating
>>
>>2757458
I would say the biggest reason they are better would be they don't try to insult their viewers intelligence.
>>
>>2757458
This is part of the reason why, yes. You don't see these guys in singles matches every single week so when they do square off it feels more like a spectacle. The other thing is, since they work fewer dates and travel less they can bump a lot harder and the matches feel more real.
>>
>>2757428
The schedule of NJPW consists only of live events. As of now, you have the main live events:
-Wrestle Kingdom in January (most important event)
-The New Beginning in February,
-Sakura Genesis in April,
-Wrestling Dontaku in May,
-Dominion in June,
-Destruction in September,
-King of Pro Wrestling in October,
-Power Struggle in November.

In between those, you have the road shows, called "Road To X", and the tournaments. As of now, the tournaments are:
-New Japan Cup in March,
-Best of the Super Juniors in May/June,
-G1 Climax (most important tournament),
-Super Junior Tag Tournament in October/November,
-G1 Tag League in November.
>>
That actually doesn't sound bad. They are essentially doing a UFC model
>>
So there's no weekly TV, is there any content released in between the PPVs to develop the storylines? Or do they just go around doing house shows where they're doing multi-man matches and stuff

I gotta say, that's pretty cool, it sounds like they just make a match then completely keep the guys apart until it happens. I like it.
>>
>>2757710
And UFC did a WWE model
>>
>>2757458
Not the only reason but yes, PPV matches feel a lot more special when you haven't seen the same match on RAW a couple weeks prior.
>>
>>2757717
>do they just go around doing house shows where they're doing multi-man matches and stuff
That's pretty much it, they then cut promos and interviews every now and then to flesh out the storyline.

>it sounds like they just make a match then completely keep the guys apart until it happens
That's exactly why there's so many factions in NJPW, each main eventer has his posse and when one top guy is feuding the other their entire factions feud with each other as to create enough matches to fill out live shows before the PPV. Just take a look at CHAOS, there's virtually no reason for that faction to exist anymore besides being Okada's posse.
>>
>>2757766
No kidding. No wonder people like njpw better. I really enjoy the Lucha Underground model. At this point, anything is better than WWE.
>>
>>2757766
Think of it this way. The last time Okada's lost a singles match was August 2016. The match he just had three days ago was his sixth singles match of 2017.

They work plenty of tag matches too but singles matches especially with top guys are infrequent at best. Okada vs. Omega couldn't have drawn 11,750 fans and nearly a $1 million gate if they had fought each other 1 on 1 ten times already instead of just once.
>>
>>2757766
Number one reason I've just stopped watching weekly TV here.

They gave away SO FUCKING MUCH of the 5-way at Extreme Rules on TV. It's fucking ridiculous. They had Seth and Roman as this big confrontation in the 5-way, but we'd seen all the spots already. Same with Balor, Joe and Wyatt. It actually significantly hurt that match for me how much they gave away on TV during the build up.

I haven't watched SmackDown at all but I'm sure they've done the same for MitB.
>>
>>2757985
We'll shit they had all the guys in the MITB match in a big 6 man tag match.
I feel like they just did that the week before.
Also why is the US champ in the MITB match? It's like a guarantee that he won't win.
>>
>>2757965
Marufuji dominated that match and that gave up the incredible rematch.
>>
>>2758832
I dunno why they couldn't do some qualifier matches to fill time to Extreme Rules and MitB.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.