[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestlemania 34 Main Event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: wm34mainevent.png (2MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
wm34mainevent.png
2MB, 1200x800px
Would this be better than Lesnar/Reigns?
>>
>>2734220
Do you understand how small Kenny Omega actually is?
>>
File: 480.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
WWE'S ROCK STAR vs. THE BIG DOG.
>>
>>2734220
Omega would be in the WWE to be a main eventer he would be the next Ziggler/Cien a great workrate guy who bring a good match out of anyone, that's where his value is, he's over in Japan because he speaks Japanese that wont translate in Major League.

>>2734222
Indie guys don't realize everyone but WWE uses a 16x16 WCW ring, where when they go to WWE the ring is 20x20 and you get a better perspective of their size.
>>
>>2734253
>Omega wouldn't
fixed.
>>
File: WHAAAAAAT.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
WHAAAAAAT.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>2734253
>but WWE uses a 16x16 WCW ring
>when they go to WWE the ring is 20x20
>>
File: mania33ending.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mania33ending.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>2734222
Styles is smaller than Omega though and people would want to see him fight anyone right? I mean I get that Omega's not as big as Lesnar but you have to realize it's just another component of the match, the size difference being another thing to hype up. No different to how they'll hype up how Lesnar for how rare in his career it is for him to be dwarfed by his opponent when he inevitably faces Braun.

>>2734234
I like this match but it's hard to imagine a main event without Lesnar while he is still under contract. Maybe WM35? Hard to imagine Reigns falling out of the main event picture by then but even harder to imagine Reigns main eventing 5 WM's in a row though. Nakamura's push still could go different directions too
>>
>>2734266
in WWE the ring is bigger, 20 feet long 20 feet wide.

everyone else uses a smaller ring popularized by WCW it's 16 feet by 16 feet. the smaller ring has few benefits it's easier to run the ropes, especially for women and people in general look larger inside it.

the reason all the veterans go to NXT instead of the main roster is so they can get accustomed to the larger ring and to learn WWE's hard camera placement.
>>
>>2734289
Shut the fuck up smark
>>
>>2734289
Women's matches look so dumb in 20x20. I hope they use 16x16 in the Mae Young Classic.
>>
>>2734293
That wasn't very nice

>>2734289
Hell Lesnar doesn't even know where the hard cam is half the time. It's stupid they make him to do the F5 facing the hard cam anyways, especially during the Rumble when he F5'ed like 3 people in a row all facing the hard cam
>>
>>2734371
true it's most noticeable currently with Mickie James she looks so lost out there now but the big ring is a part of WWE's identity.
MYC is going to be a delicous train wreck.

>>2734373
AJ was really bad with the Phenomenal Forearm in the beginning of his run, he would do all over the place.
>>
>>2734282
>Styles is smaller than Omega though and people would want to see him fight anyone right?
Only smarks want that, I like Styles and he's definitely a better all-round wrestler but fighting Brock Lesnar would kill the tiny bit of kayfabe WWE still has. Rollins has the height and Reigns has the build to fight Lesnar whilst retaining any kind of kayfabe, plus those guys are popular so it's a win win.
Guys like Joe are fodder but he looks like a bear so he gets a pass.
>>
>>2734417
>AJ was really bad with the Phenomenal Forearm in the beginning of his run, he would do all over the place.

We might actually be on the opposite sides of the argument then friendo! What I was saying is that I don't like having a particular spot in a particular place every single time, feels too scripted and formulaic. In a WWE where you see the same matches every week with just slightly different finishes, I yearn for matches with less sequencing and more fluidity and freedom... I understand there are two sides of this argument though... if you watched Extreme Rules you could see how they scripted the whole beginning and it went free-form when Bray and Joe were teamed up, and it got a bit sloppy and less exciting during that phase. You see it in Royal Rumbles every year too, guys standing next to each other not fighting waiting for the next guy to come out and the next sequence to start. So obviously you need the guys to know where to be and what to do but to have an F5 always facing the hard cam or to have AJ always do the Phenomenal Forearm in the same place gets old fast. Long story boring, it depends on the wrestler and how well they can improvise (I liked the Samoa Joe freestyled "AND SO DO I" in response to the crowd chanting "we want Brock", although that's a non fighting example)... if you let a guy go out there and do his own stuff while adhering to the general guideline of the match they want to have it'll be a better match (if they're good enough) then if it's the same match with the same spots every time
>>
>>2734451
What about Finn? They didn't have him cut a promo opposite Heyman for no reason. That match is going to happen sooner or later, and he's smaller than Seth and Roman. He's about the same size as Styles but leaner
>>
>>2734457
with AJ i'm talking about he would be out of frame of the hard cam, to far to the left to far to right so and so on, so when AJ would jump to do the move he would out of the shot and cameras would miss the action.

your right you don't want to see the same spot from the same location all the time like Roman's drive by kick and Superman Punch.
>>
File: IMG_1516.jpg (596KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1516.jpg
596KB, 1536x2048px
>>2734220
I'd much rather watch a
>Lesnar v. Ishii match
or
>Lesnar v. Naito match
>>
>>2734457
There a few things that factor into this:

Everyone wants their signature spots. It worked for the Rock and Cena so everyone wants theirs. Outside of the Ambrose bounce back or the Buckle Bomb, they're all too predictable and aren't easy to adapt into any match. Especially when Randy is feeling lazy and goes "vintage" every match.

Couple this with the commercial breaks that they have to plan around. That only leaves them so much time and it's probably taken up by more signature spots than anything else.

Mix this with the noose creative and agents seem to have on the whole product and...you get current WWE. Current WWE is in a weird spot where it feels like PPVs are the only thing worth watching.
>>
>>2734489
Ohhh. Roger that, I see what you mean. Yeah I kinda consider that to be more of the camera crew on the ground's fault, sometimes it seems like they're too busy accentuating the impacts with the whole Kevin Dunn camera thing and they find themselves slow on the uptake and in a bad position for finding the best shot. I'm not trying to go full Orson Welles here, I recognize how difficult it is to film this shit the way they are trying to do it, especially outside of the ring when you have to know/predict where the guys are going
>>
>>2734500
>Naito
that would be pretty based, what about Tanahashi?
>>
>>2734532
I agree with all of this. You said what I was trying to say in a better and more concise way
>>
Omega will never sign with WWE. Or at least not until he's a couple years from retirement and wants a boatload of cash to retire on. He honestly believes that NJPW is pushing a pro wrestling revolution and he wants to spearhead it for western expansion. He also believes that match quality is everything. He'll keep making fun of WWE until he's about 40, then he'll sign.
>>
>>2734610
Just for shits and giggles, how would you book him if he did come to WWE in 2017? Raw or Smackdown? Feud with people he has history with or new gimmick(s)/feud(s)?
>>
>>2734451
>This misused/misunderstanding of kayfabe
Kayfabe doesn't mean "realism". It doesn't mean, "Make the wrestlers body sizes similar enough that the fight looks reasonable to an MMA-savvy audience", nobody except people on the internet give a shit about that when they know its fake.

Kayfabe means, "Don't show up to the arena in the same car when your characters hate each other".

In the pro-wrestling world, it is entirely reasonable for exceptionally skilled small men to outmaneuver and take down big men.
Whining about how it isn't realistic is autism.
>>
File: IMG_1604.gif (1010KB, 340x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1604.gif
1010KB, 340x267px
>>2734564
Not for Lesnar. Maybe he can be in a mid-card match vs. Cena or Roman
>>
>>2734222
> Kenny Omega - 183 cm

> Kurt Angle - 183 cm

what's your point?
>>
>>2734643
>>2734451
You're both kind of right. Kayfabe wasn't ruined when Hogan beat Andre. Kayfabe is believing Hogan can out-power the giant, or believing that the decrepit, broken Andre is actually a threat. Kayfabe is suspending disbelief.
But if something makes it obvious to you that what's happening in the ring doesn't make sense, it kills kayfabe for you.

Because of real professional fighting, a lot of people don't like seeing little guy vs big guy.
>>
>>2734253
>implying

He probably wouldn't even go if he weren't a main-eventer. Because for one thing it will take a lot of money to pry him away and for another, a huge part of his fanbase is fans who like him specifically for not being in WWE. They already offered him an NXT deal and he turned it down.
>>
>>2734451
>Rollins/Roman
>popular

AHAHHAAHHAHAHA

The amount of delusion of this drone.
>>
>>2734619
Well, WWE loves to build off shit from NJPW even if they do fuck it up most of the time, and I think Omega and Styles have a lot of unfinished business. The fact that Omega took out Styles and took over Bullet Club while AJ was on his way out was inevitable, but a lengthy feud for leadership with loyalties divided within the stable would have been amazing. If nothing else, those two would put on some incredible matches.
>>
>>2734719
He would languish in NXT, I can't blame him for turning it down. And it's silly to think he even needs to go to NXT anyways, what could he possibly learn from the zombies they have in NXT
>>
>>2734253
NJPW uses a 6.5m x 6.5m ring which is about 21x21 so he'd actually look bigger in a WWE one.
>>
>>2734757
Omega is already a very complete wrestler. I think he's a little weak on the mic, probably because they don't really do a lot of dramatic promos and acting in Japan. So he could learn and get better in that regard. But as far as physicality, selling, and ring psychology, he's A+. Like AJ, I think being confined to the WWE style would just bring him down.
>>
>>2734777
>selling
Honestly think he might be the best in the world, just my opinion though
>>
>>2734788
Well, sometimes he can be a bit cheesy, as in overly theatrical, with his selling. They do that a lot in Japan, but maybe that's just my opinion. He's at least a Ziggler tier salesman, though, which is great.
>>
>>2734220
Of course, based Cleaner has 100x the talent in his finger than the small pooch does.
>>
>>2734803
I love how he sells offensively though. I think a lot of guys are just looking to get their moves in when they know it's their spot/sequence. He'll sell the perceived difficulty in any part of the match pretty well. And like you said, he's complete. I haven't heard any of his promos though, I just watch the raw footage of the matches, but I trust your judgement on the weak mic skills
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.