[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the Future of American Pro Wrestling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9707.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9707.gif
2MB, 540x304px
What's the future of American professional wrestling?

WWE has by far the most talent of anyone but they're fixated on doing dumb shit constantly and signing people just other companies can't have them. Also has next to 0 continuity and treats the audience like they're loser morons with the memory of a housefly.

ROH was good for a while, they have a tv deal but their booker sucks and NJPW is slowly siphoning off their talent.

TNA...is actually putting on decent shows but their reputation is so toxic it will take years to fix it.

PWG is more popular than ever but seems perfectly content to be the indie showcase promotion that you have to attend to get the full perspective of.

Meanwhile, the U.K. scene is producing talent and growing rapidly. Japan has easily the best ringwork and is what all the wrestling 'hipsters' are latching on to.

And even Mexico is stepping their shit up, with CMLL adding English commentary and their ringwork getting better. Penta is a legit international draw.

Where does all this leave the US scene? What does the US pro wrestling scene do better than anyone else right now, if anything? The world has become a smaller place and it's easier than ever to watch international stuff, will the US be left behind?
>>
Simple, there is no future.
>>
>"WWE has by far the most talent of anyone" and posts Alexa Bliss as their representative...
Okada, Naito, Omega, and Tanahashi are much smoother in the ring than anyone in WWE. Don't even kid yourself. I didn't even mention Goto, Ibushi, Shibata, The Young Buck (better than every tag team in WWE in and outside of the ring), KUSHIDA (who is better technically than any WWE cruiserweight), Ishii (who would make any Stamford employee his bitch), AND Taichi!

Honestly this post is either ignorant or plain retarded.
>>
>>2733927
Calm down there Captain New Japan, yes the top of NJ's roster is better but concerning who has the deeper talent pool it's WWE by far. They have sooo many skilled guys on there and most of them are either not being used or are cannon fodder for Roman.

Off the top of my head, Oney Lorcan, AJ Styles, Zayn, Nakamura, Owens, La Sombra, TJ Perkins, Neville, Aries, Kendrick, Tozawa, Balor, Rollins, Mustafa Ali, Chris Hero, KENTA, Gargano, Ciampa...all of those guys are world class wrestlers and most of them aren't doing shit.

I enjoy New Japan more than WWE but don't kid yourself into thinking that New Japan's roster is deeper than WWE's. It's not, it's just that New Japan does much more with less and is better at building guys up.
>>
>>2733951
He's Bone Soldier now...
WWE is run by idiots and will never get a clue no matter how low the ratings drop. It's knee deep in nepotism and that will never change no matter who is in charge. You also forgot to name Bobby Roode who is a good heel, but that list is first class otherwise.
>>
>>2733839
Well to be objective here. There are only so many wrestling fans, and they can only spend so much time watching wrestling. Most people grew up with WWE and either willjust watch that or stop watching all together. While I do think NJ is doing good things they would need to have a massive boom period of they ever plan to make a dent into the WWE machine. As of now they are catering to a small niche that will soon be saturated
>>
>>2733951
>Balor
>world class
LOL
>>
>>2733839
Talent raiding NJPW. Those gooks are the future of wrestling. Naito is that dude.
>>
File: aoh1qgms2yo1_250.gif (995KB, 250x218px)
aoh1qgms2yo1_250.gif
995KB, 250x218px
>>2733970
only knee deep? lmao
>>
>>2733839
Realistically, WWE will continue and push even further down the family entertainment path. I wouldn't be shocked if they actually did open a theme park, and started sticking every PPV with a cheesy theme. They are not and do not want to be pro wrestling. They're legitimately their own thing, sports entertainment. And as they continue to push down that path, more and more room opens up for traditional pro wrestling promotions to have success, as there's a larger and larger demand for it.

As someone on /asp/ recently put it, everything old is new again, and pro rasslin' is coming back big. NJPW is leading the charge and they're on fire, doing their first G1 special in the states, getting rave reviews, leading a renaissance of pro wrestling and making boatloads of cash while establishing new, fresh stars with huge international appeal. They are the current kings of "pro wrestling" and will only get bigger.

TNA will indeed take years to recover, if they can ever recover. Their last several years have been so bad that I'm shocked they're still in business. In the press, in the dirtsheets, in the eyes of even their own talent and dwindling fanbase, they've been a dumpster fire. It'll be a miracle if they can make good again, but it won't be for a while.

I think RoH will latch onto NJPW a little more tightly, but with WWE and NJPW reaping their talent and their current status as a glorified developmental, I don't know if they'll be able to grow even with this new surge of "pro wrestling" demand. But with other indies already established and trying to grow, and Corgin trying to revive the NWA, maybe we'll see something like a return to the territory era.
>>
>>2733839
Wwe colonized the UK scene
All they need to do is apply some pressure if a NJPW figure starts to get steam
>>
>>2733839
America is the sick man of wrestling and Canada has been dead for a while. Japan is taking advantage of this and are partnering with Mexico and the UK on expansion. The big problem with the American wrestling scene is that there is too many big promotions not working with each other. ROH, PWG, and the NWA are working with New Japan and CMLL so they basically abandoned the United States as the end all be all for wrestling while WWE refuses to team up with them furthering the damage for American wrestling. WWE has an insane amount of influence in the American wrestling scene and they only use it to hurt the other US promotions. Until Vince dies the American wrestling scene will continue to die out and will be gone at the end of this decade or the next.
>>
ESPN ratings are down the drain. They should pick up NJPW. They used to televise AWA matches in their early years.
>>
>>2734049
This is fine for WWE desu. They make tons of money pandering to the kiddies and doing all these outside projects, and the smarks leaving isn't going to bankrupt them. But that leaves a huge hole for NJPW to move in, which is exactly what they're doing.
>>
>>2733951
>world class wrestlers
fake fighters*
>>
>>2734073
WWE would be absolutely boiling if this were to happen lmao. They have to pay ESPN to even cover them.
>>
>>2734039
They tried they only got a lazy shitter, the gay community, and the bald brothers
>>
>>2733839
Bliss a cute
>>
>>2734347
you think they're just going to stop trying, the WWE has already got their tentacles into Stardom.
>>
>>2734391
New Japan is a lot bigger than Stardom, but your point is well taken.
>>
Is ROH dying?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.