[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Five months later, and a week away from the rematch, how good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1496710653207.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496710653207.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
Five months later, and a week away from the rematch, how good was it?

Is it the greatest match of all time?
>>
>>2732546
Probably not. But it was a bloody good match, that cannot be argued.
>>
>>2732546
Not THE greatest, but probably top 5.
>>
I don't think it was worth five stars, let alone six (the fuck does that even mean?)
But it was still amazing and is my favorite match of the year so far
>>
Meltzer way overrated it but it was still pretty damn good
The first half of the match was drawn out and didn't do much for me, I was gazing at air for some of it
The last ten minutes or so were excellent, great spot after great spot and the crowd was buying into every single one
>>
Very good match but not even match of the night. Meltzer was trying his hardest to turn Omega into a star.
Don't think it worked to be honest
>>
>>2732553
But you need that first half of the match to prepare the crowd for the match itself.

They just ended Naito v Tanahashi. You can't go full-bore into main event after that.

And they told a story inside that first 15 minutes.
>>
>>2732569
There are slow starts to matches that still keep me interested, and this wasn't one of them.
But I agree with you in general, in fact, it's funny you bring Naito v Tanahashi up, because that to me was a match that I didn't really care about, precisely because they went all out with big moves and finishers from the get go.
>>
>>2732553
The first half of the match is slow, but it tells a very specific narrative about Okada being overconfident and Kenny softening up his back for the OWA. Also they couldn't come out guns blazing because the crowd was still cooling down from the amazing Naito/Tana match.
>>
>>2732546
ironically it would be higher rated among fans if le meltz didn't go full meme and give it 6 stars. Now the hipster smarks have to play it down to seem original
>>
>>2732553
>>2732574
have the japs forgotten that wrestling is fake? that you're not meant to really hit your opponent?
>>
File: C1ZZr3sUAAAQVP_.jpg (61KB, 501x733px) Image search: [Google]
C1ZZr3sUAAAQVP_.jpg
61KB, 501x733px
>>2732636
You can't forget something that you never knew to begin with.
>>
>>2732574
Yes they went for their finishers, because of their history and story of the match they were telling. Every match should be different and on one card you should have several different matches, so you can pull the most people into the building. And you give each and everyone what they want.
>>
>>2732546
way to steal a thread from /wooo/
>>
>>2732546
Not even close
>>
>>2732546
I can't wait to Trooth Bomb the shit out of this on the front page of /asp/. I'm reading this Wikipedia now.
>Okada vs Omega
Wiki says this is their sixth match. I saw the six star match and did not enjoy it. I think the biggest detractor for me is that the Rainmaker looks stupid, and doing it so many times looks even stupider. Omega is not as smooth as AJ at this high-paced hybrid style of wrestling they both do. A lot of this match looks like guys getting into position. There were also some spots off the top ropes that should have been finishes. Those moments lose their impact when the guy kicks out at two and then manages to go on to do even bigger athletic feats later in the match. It gets into Man of Steel territory where there's no weight behind any of the punches because both fighters are immortal to everything. Or maybe another analogy could be DBZ power-creep issues where it didn't matter or seem all that cool when somebody got thrown through a mountain or blown up by a beam because you understood that they would get right back up.
>Naito vs Tanahashi
I'm not certain if I've ever seen a Tanahashi match but I definitely know the name and can see that this guy is acclaimed. I have seen Naito vs Okada and I thought that was fantastic. Naito is definitely better than either Okada or Omega. I haven't seen anymore of Naito's stuff though so I am very excited for this match. The belt story is pretty interesting.
>>
>>2732728
>Suzuki vs Goto
I don't know who either of these guys are but a lumberjack deathmatch sounds lit AF.
>War Machine vs Guerrillas of Destiny
Is this The Ascension vs The Usos? War Machine should come to WWE and let Rowan lead them in a stable. Or Rowan could go to Japan, whichever works.
>Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks
I respect what The Young Bucks have done for themselves but that doesn't mean I have to like them I don't know anything about this other team.
>Cody vs Michael Elgin
I'm familiar with Michael Elgin through Youtube and I like his work. I hope he and Cody have a great match.
>Kushida vs Takahashi
I meant to watch that BOSJ thing but I got the end spoiled for me. I'm very passively familiar with Takahashi. I'm going into this match fairly blind.
>6-Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match
This sounds like a glorious clusterfuck and I cannot wait to see it.
>Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi and Satoshi Kojima vs. Tiger Mask, Tiger Mask W, Togi Makabe and Yuji Nagata
This is going to be a "Just like one of my animes!" kind of match, huh? I recognize a decent amount of these names. I'm expecting this to be fun.

Sounds like fun, guys. Can't wait.
>>
>>2732636
Completely worked
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.