[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the moment the "reality era" ended?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: oh.jpg (22KB, 550x278px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
22KB, 550x278px
Was this the moment the "reality era" ended?
>>
>>2730528
>>
>>2732048
>FPBP
>>
>reality era
>wrestling
>ever being real
>>
>>2730528
Was that even an era? Bray's been around for a while.

I mean, even a few years ago they had the matadors with el Torito or whatever, and JBL spoke about the midgit in a bull costume as if he was a literal tiny bull. The bull even acted physically hurt when he got his tail cut off.
>>
>>2732174
Reality era started with the debut of the shield
>>
>>2732160
It's reality era cause all these ""wrestlers"" don't even have gimmicks anymore and have bland boring names.
>>
Of course we're out of the reality era, Michael Cole insists we've entered a new era everytime someone does something remotely interesting. Which is at least twice a month.
>>
>>2730528
We're supposed to be in the "New Era" right now, but no I do not think the Reality Era is over.

My interpretation of the Reality Era is a wider emphasis on social media and other internet-based media (Facebook pajeet fans, pseudo-keyfabe Twitter, pseudo-shoot podcasts and Network talk shows) in order to the wrestler's characters over, as well as the abuse of meta-booking where they play with the idea of kayfabe by having the smarks cheer heels and boo faces while families in the audience still play along proper (Roman Reigns, 75% of heels are funny and play to the crowd, Rusev consistently doesn't do anything wrong and gets shit on by douchebag faces, worked shoots on Talking Smack).

They gave up on the New Era pretty quick. The Universal Championship was supposed to be a symbol of the New Era, which is why Finn won it so soon. But now the belt has been on Goldberg and is currently on Brock, it has no connection to any New Era. We are firmly back in the experimental world of the Reality Era, where things like UpUpDownDown happen. WWE is trying to figure out how to make wrestling fit into the tech age.
>>
File: Leia_Meow_15.jpg (11KB, 224x350px) Image search: [Google]
Leia_Meow_15.jpg
11KB, 224x350px
>>2730528
PG era isn't over until the rating changes
>>
You mean the midget era? Cause that surely ended once they pushed braun
>>
>>2732560
>WWE is trying to figure out how to make wrestling fit into the tech age.

Being back the 24/7 championship and make it online.

Livestream every match. Make WWE Network subs get push notifs.

Shit like that
>>
>>2732737
Yeah, that works. They should also decide at random to record house show championship matches. I guarantee you ticket sales would go up because people would start to expect a title to change at a house show. You should be able to set push notifications on for certain wrestlers and get a buzz on your phone letting you know there's a new interview or podcast you could watch.

They also need to embrace podcasts. Putting them on the network means putting them in a cell phone app. I would say start with the big names, then open it up to user created podcasts. WWE should be actively involved in building it's online users. UpUpDownDown is unironically one of the smartest things WWE is doing right now in terms of attracting new viewers and connecting with youth.
>>
>>2730528

That looks like something Vince Russo would've booked in WCW.
>>
>>2730528
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.