[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone is a mark for Samoa Joe all of a sudden and "always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: scott-steiner.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scott-steiner.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
Everyone is a mark for Samoa Joe all of a sudden and "always was a fan" despite never talking about him
Are wrestling fans the worst fans of any entertainment medium?
>>
Dunno, I liked him since I saw him in TNA. Same with AJ. I was a TNA fan around 2010 but many people jumped on his bandwagon recently. Nothing wrong with that really, since you just start appreciating someone after a while.
>>
I don't particularly like him. Never been too impressed. But hopefully he will have a great match with Lesnar.
>>
Joe is cool, but hasn't been in anything worth talking about since his first match with Balor. Now he is in something worth talking about.
>>
>>2725445
He's overrated. I'm a rasslin' fan and can appreciate a good worker, but Joe needs substance to work against in order to have the kind of great matches he's lauded for. Joe can't carry a mediocre performer to a great match like the others on the level fans put him at.
>>
>>2725458
He can carry them in promos tho
>>
>Everyone
I think you mean the waddling, obese and balding smark vocal minority
>>
He has been bad since 2009.
>>
Nah, always been a fan even if he's not as intense these days. Pretty sure we have been asking for Joe vs Brock ever since he came into the WWE, so this is exciting.
>>
>>2725445
Joe has always been popular online. What is with you fucktards and making up fictional versions of reality to complain about?
>>
>>2725445
>this thing I've made up in my mind is a problem guys
Please.
>>
Yes smarks are. Good thing they are just a vocal minority
>>
People like to pretend they are fans of his because of his time in ROH with Punk and Danielson, but they probably never watched any of those matches and definitely never watched any of his time in TNA and are just trying to sound smart.
>>
>>2725445
>Are wrestling fans the worst fans of any entertainment medium?

Yes.

I've never seen something quite like the internet 'smark' - a braindead sheep that will follow any trend as long as the hivemind tells them it's good. They're like pre-teens jumping over the flavour of the month fluff the music industry puts out.

My guess is the mentality comes from a) the IWC being full of insecure men who are unwilling/unable to commit to a personal opinion in fear of being ostracized, b) the fundamental worthlessness of the cheap commodity medium that is wrestling, c) wrestling attracting a very low IQ crowd.
>>
>>2725486
>He is dissing himself

kek
>>
>>2725501
This. Everywhere on the internet is the IWC. People forget too just being a smart mark still implies you are a mark. The hivemind mentality is bullshit. Like in everything some opinions are more popular to hold than others, it's not a distinct trait.
>>
>>2725501

I watch Jumbo Tsuruta vs Terry Funk matches.

By contrast a smarkz thinks Zack Sabre Jr is the greatest technical wrestler of all time, has a cheeky wank over whatever """womens wrestler""" Reddit tells him is on form this week, and zips up to quickly buy the latest expensive plastic doll WWE has had made in India.
>>
File: typical smarkz.jpg (431KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
typical smarkz.jpg
431KB, 1280x1707px
>>2725501
>Everywhere on the internet is the IWC

This is honestly autistic thinking.

If you can't see the difference between 'a wrestling fan who uses the internet' and a 'SMARKZ' then you can't see the trees from the leaves and are very likely pic attached.
>>
>>2725548
What if you are a gentleman who prefers quality matches without caring about peoples opinions?
>>
>>2725548
You are redefining something that has a set definition for your argument. Fact, you are a mark. Do you know its a work? then you are a smart mark. That's all there is to it.
>>
File: typical smarkz 02.jpg (449KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
typical smarkz 02.jpg
449KB, 1280x1707px
>>2725561

Name your top 3 of all time. I'll smarkz you outta ten.

>>2725565

Again, austistic in outlook. It's not redifined, you are simply trying to widened the definition to the point where it has no meaning, becoming either/or with no shade of gray.

For instance, everyone watching the NWO with a beer cup in their hand and a sign in the other in 1997 knew it was fake and predetermined, but no one with any sense would call them smarkz.

Smarkz is something that has developed since then. Group-minded, completely ignorant to the biz while thinking they have a clue, highly consumeristic, social dregs, Meltzer lackeys, nerds, etc etc etc.

Of course, the best way to understand the smarkz is through the art of physiognomy. Gazing into the eyes of PIC RELATED will tell you more than words ever will.
>>
>>2725593
>Name your top 3 of all time. I'll smarkz you outta ten.

Matches!
>>
>>2725593
>I don't trust the wrestlers who invented the terms to know what they mean

Stop. Again, no opinion is universal in any group. You are creating new definitions because you "aren't like those other girls~~".
>>
>>2725593
Jesus. Not even memeing but you know you got worked when you writes a page long response to someone calling you a smark.
>>
Yeah, people were lukewarm about him against Ambrose because he wasn't getting a push and he was Triple H's lackey at best.
>>
>>2725445
I'd like Joe if didn't have to sit and watch 5 minutes of a basic choke hold every time he's on screen.
It's not even that I'm being a cunt about moves or that I'm an indiefaggot or something, I really dislike sitting and watching that kind of submissions, let alone for that long.
That's a buzzkill.
>>
>>2725445
No, just you.

Seriously, unless somebody has done some awesome shit like REALLY RECENTLY, you can't confess to liking them without getting shitposted to hell by pricks like yourself.

So yes, there always was a contingent of people who like Joe, and tonight, he choked the fuck out of Paul Heyman and it was awesome, so you can fuck off.
>>
>>2728345
This. The autism section of asp just won't allow anyone to like anyone unless they've done a high spot, got over naturally or botched a promo within the last 15 minutes. Hard to believe the likes of Rusev, Bray, Enzo and Cass, Bayley, Sasha, Asuka, The New Day (who admittedly got stale as fuck) Ambrose and Seth were all legitimately popular here a year or two ago. Some of them like Ambrose and New Day I can understand, they've truly gone to the dogs. Most seem to be purely asps contrarian manchildren disliking anyone remotely popular. Give it a year, Johnny Gargano will be the autists public enemy number one.
>>
>>2725593
nice reddit spacing, you should go back there. Also

> Calling others autistic
> Has the most autistic post in the thread
>>
>>2728450
I'm pretty sure Asuka-spammer has refocused on Alexa now.

Given that he confessed to never actually watching an Asuka match, I think he's one of these people who just doesn't think women should wrestle, and obviously can't bear for anyone to like what he doesn't like.

That guy might also be OP.
>>
>>2728461
So he's basically the polar opposite of Blissfaggot from back in the glory days of /sp/
One extreme to the other.

I'm not really bothered by women's matches. I don't really watch them or follow the story to them, they're piss breaks, just like Orton, Miz, Ziggler and Jeff Hardy matches personally.
Only women's matches I watched closely were there Sasha/Bayley ones in nxt. They were half decent
>>
>>2728475
You're missing out on Miz matches. Dude's lit as fuck.
>>
HE'S FAT!
>>
>>2728457
>le nice reddit spacing
>carries on to use reddit spacing
kek
>>
>>2728511
you HAVE to go back
>>
>>2725445
He's a fresh face (to WWE) and appears to be a legitimate threat to Brock Lesnar. Of course people are gonna like him, because it's not the same old shit.
>>
>>2725593
>Actually writing all that out
No one cares dude, just watch the shows
>>
Samoa Joe has been a smark favorite since '03. You been under a rock, bro?
>>
>>2728479
Ehhh I don't know what it is about Miz. I get people like him, hes just always been meh to me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.