[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summerslam '97 Mankind vs HHH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2012-12-30-14h01m10s9.png (576KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-12-30-14h01m10s9.png
576KB, 576x432px
Why was this match not rated higher than it was? It had some great spots and wasn't as retarded as most steel cage matches. Not to mention the finish being an amazing moment for Mick Foley and getting him ridiculously over. Yet it's usually rated at 2.5 stars.
>>
>>2725338
This style of cage looks so much better then the fence they use now. Everybody fucked around with fences and know they don't hurt.
>>
I miss this cage.
>>
>>2725338
who doesn't rate it?
>>
>>2725338

'Stars' are shittery and Meltzer's opinion should be discarded as any measure of success.

However, among other elements, I would argue that the big reason this match has not remained in the wrestling fan consciousness is because of the hugely indulgent dive. A casual fan may not be able to vocalize it, but deep down they see it for what it is: Foley taking his eyes off the dimes to wank himself off rather than entertain the fans.

Little shit like that can instantly take a fan out of a match and ruin it all.
>>
>>2725338
This match was the most hype I've ever been for a wrestling match. It hit at just the right time when I was getting into wrestling at the age of 12.
>>
>>2725338
For me, 96' and 97' Foley was the best he's ever been. The Mankind vs Taker feud over the urn is one of my all time favorites.
>>
>>2725428
The dive worked in the context of the story though, it wasn't just Mick Foley fulfilling his childhood dream, but also Mankind finally being able to feel accepted/popular as a wrestler, as it was right after they had finished the series of JR's interviews with Mankind to flesh out the character.
>>
Its a shame most youngins will never truly appreciate how cool mick Foley was.
>>
>>2725338
Then you should rate it 5 stars yourself, who cares what other people say?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.