[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The steel cage matches, particularly any tag matches, need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hardysandshesaro.jpg (163KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
hardysandshesaro.jpg
163KB, 1200x675px
The steel cage matches, particularly any tag matches, need to stop having the door as an escape route. Yes I know, we wouldn't get the epic broque kick to the door!!! anymore but it would improve the overall quality of a match.

We're expected to believe climbing out is equal to ducking under the ropes and walking out. Several times last night I was scratching my head because matt hardy would be fighting to get sheamus back in instead of just going outside with him or when sheamus was just lying next to the door with it unopened.
>>
I agree. The only thing this match accomplished was making all 4 guys look like complete idiots.
>>
>>2725002
Didn't help a lot of the over the top escapes were pretty obviously non attempts. Caught matt and jeff several times make it just about up and over only to redangle their leg down because sheamus or cesaro weren't there yet.

I think still was an okay match, the finish was good, and it wasn't even close to the worst match of the night, but it's mind boggling to suggest when you have both of the other team laid out you and your partner just wouldn't head for the door.
>>
I agree. The door always makes the match too ridiculous.
>>
>The steel cage matches, particularly any tag matches, need to stop having an escape stipulation
Winning by running away is shit. Winning by exiting through a fucking door is the worst. Doing a high spot instead of dropping down for the win is dumb, but excusable if the wrestler is a glory-hunting nutter like Jeff Hardy.
>>
>Shesaro

Stop this.
>>
File: 28700_original[1].jpg (58KB, 782x440px) Image search: [Google]
28700_original[1].jpg
58KB, 782x440px
Well goddamn back in my day cage matches meant something. They were a blow off to a feud. After two wrestlers had every other type of match they had this so that no manager or stablemate could interfere. In the South there was no such thing as escaping through the door for a win. That's a stupid Yankee rule.
>>
File: Gaara-vs-rock-lee-o.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gaara-vs-rock-lee-o.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>2724992
>Cesaro flying up the cage at the start of the match
>>
Steel cage matches shouldn't even have the escape rule. The whole fucking point was to lock two guys together and force them to fight, now you make them run away from each other the whole match?
>>
>>2724992
Doesn't help that the fucking refs open it every time someone gets close.
>>
>>2724992
Seriously Reddit? Keep your threads over yonder, do you need to bring them here too?
>>
Maggle was saying Matt Hardy wanted to prove he's not just a nostalgia act. That doesn't sound like something Broken Matt would say. Has he given up on his broken dreams?
>>
Remember Summerslam 2001 with Kane/Taker vs DDP/Kanyon?
Taker let Kanyon escape so they could whoop DDP and pin him.

I even used that strategy in the games.

Really stupid rule. Especially for tag matches
>>
>>2728174
He realized the gimmick is no longer that hot and to try and rebuild it for the casual WWE audience would be awkward as it gets. Especially when you take into consideration the likelihood that Vince or the writers would find a way to fuck it up for Matt and Jeff.
>>
Only the heel(s) should be trying to escape the cage, but that's LOLWWE psychology for you.
>>
File: tumblr_mu42zblt0b1svp3buo4_500.gif (764KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu42zblt0b1svp3buo4_500.gif
764KB, 500x281px
>>2728239
Well if he doesn't want to be a nostalgia act and he's dropping the broken thing, he needs to stop dressing like some kind of raver. It's like when they reformed DX. These guys have reinvented themselves many times and to go backwards into a role you've outgrown isn't healthy. Look at the Dudley Boyz. Over for one night, then the fans realize they don't fit into their old characters.

Early 20s guys are exciting but if handled incorrectly old guys can be depressing to watch
>>
>>2724992
The medics need that door just in case something goes horribly wrong in a cage match. WWE isn't the only ones that have a cage door on their cage matches.

A better thing you should argue here is that WWE doesn't need to always do their cage matches in the same ways. When Big Show debut he actually threw Austin into the cage so hard that Austin got the win. There was also a great triple threat cage match in TNA with a spot at around 12:40 in the video where Lashley spears himself through the door trying to hit EY. The stipulation was their needed to be a pin or a submission to win the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q246cG-6SRU

That is something that WWE at least to my knowledge never does with their cage matches. Instead of having it that you can escape the cage to win why not do a cage match where it must end by pinfall or submission only? Yeah I know that they have their yearly Hell in a Cell matches to do but I see no reason why they can't at least for some cage matches have them similar to that kind of match only in a regular cage instead.

I like cage matches a lot overall anyways because you don't often see them. So the logic of it doesn't really bother me too much.
>>
>>2724992
I don't get why they keep opening and closing the door. Just leave it open.
>>
When I was little and heard the term "Cage match" (without ever having seen one), I imagined hell in a cell.
>>
escaping the cage is just fucking retarded. it should be a pin fall or submission
>>
The old blue cage was awesome because it looked like things hurt. The fence is gay and for queers, fences don't hurt
>>
>>2728618
>fences don't hurt
Neither do paper thin tables.
>>2728613
No it is okay. It adds drama to the cage match.
>>
>>2728157
B-b-but Hell in a Cell...
>>
they have the door there just incase they want/need to use it. if they dont want the door to be in used they chain it up.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.