[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality vs E Drones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Forbes_Article.jpg (93KB, 687x749px) Image search: [Google]
Forbes_Article.jpg
93KB, 687x749px
Even Forbes knows the WWE is dying

How does it feel like knowing your little children's tv show won't get renewed when the nbc universal contract is up?
>>
>>2714050
Vince is just ding-dong diddly air Raw/Smackdown on WWE network live
>>
File: 1490845235560.jpg (46KB, 531x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490845235560.jpg
46KB, 531x411px
>>2714050

How will blind wwe fanboys recover?

>b-b-but muh old day skit and Bayley this is your life segment and dont hinder jinder

Good. Let the company die and they should take notes from Jonestown
>>
>>2714050
so what are the 5 ways? and no I'm not gonna search for it since I'm too lazy
>>
>>2714050
>inb4 cordcutting
>tv ratings are formed as a percentage of subscribers
>the number of cable subs falls about 1% per year
>wwe tv ratings have fallen 20% in the last year
>>
>>2714072
Its worth nothing though that some of the stipulations caused by their TV contracts actually massively devalue a network subscription, especially outside of the US.

The shows air at garbage times out of the US, but since due to TV contracts they only put the new shows up on the network a month after airing and even the cut Hulu version is unavailable outside of America the whole idea that with the network you can watch the current shows at a sane time for your timezone in comfy circumstances is basically gone thanks to US TV contracts. It's worse now that they moved to Tuesday aswell so there's even less time for people to catch up.
>>
>>2714050
Just get rid of Reigns.

All that's left at this point are the Smarks.

Would you rather have 1 million smark fans, or 1 million marks that will leave when the footballs on? Honestly, WWE needs to just stop trying to appeal to the casual 18-34 demographic, and just go for the kids and the smarks. The people they're trying to get watching have WWE as maybe their second or third viewing choice.
>>
I really don't mind, the free market is going take care of it. If NJPW is the thing that will replace it then so be it
>>
>>2714535
the rating have been on decline since 2003, the only thing left is to get rid of pg and see where it goes.
>>
>>2714557
Nah, go network only is the optimal route.

>Push Network price up 10%
>Smarks will buy anyway just to shit on it
>Casuals might buy it and forget they have it

1 million network buyers is better than 1 million viewers on a network you don't own
>>
File: Trump & McMahon.jpg (49KB, 620x359px) Image search: [Google]
Trump & McMahon.jpg
49KB, 620x359px
>>2714542
>Believing on the free market meme
That shit only fully apply to third world shitholes. First world countries can control their economies and shit over foreign companies trying to bankrupt a local company, especially if said company has good relationships with the government. See the American car industry and Asia.

Even ignoring that problem, there's still the language barrier and the fact murricans hate slant eyes.
>>
>>2714050
Went and found this article, and I had no idea that TV show ratings didn't include DVR viewing. (Figured your box would send a signal that you were "watching" as it recorded)

People talk about cord cutters as a go-to, crappy excuse for WWE's bad ratings, but it seems more reasonable to me that SOME of that 20% drop is due to people using DVR for Raw (as a function of the show being ridiculously long) rather than the more abrupt step of people cancelling their cable.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 640x617px
Keep in mind, this is a website that doesn't exclusively cover professional wrestling. This is how the mainstream media as well as the outsiders looking in view the current WWE product. The general consensus is that the product is atrocious and unbearable to even watch. If this is the impression of an outsider looking in, just imagine how shitty it must be for someone who has watched wrestling decline to this severe extent year after year.
>>
>>2714724
Based (((Bliss))) and Bay Leno killing pro wrestling in the US
>>
File: 1482368580396.png (745KB, 1208x902px) Image search: [Google]
1482368580396.png
745KB, 1208x902px
>>2714050
DELETE THIS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.