[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce Lee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: bruce lee.jpg (24KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
bruce lee.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
How good was he really? Could he BTFO everybody in MMA if he was around today and in his prime?
>>
He was an actor first and foremost.

No he couldn't demolish literally anyone, but he'd do well.
>>
>>2710256
His skills are overhyped by his movies and a few worked clips he did (like him playing pingpong with nunchuks). That being said, he could probably demolish anyone below a black belt and give a more than a few black belts an asskicking but any grand master who actually spent the time training and not acting would kick his shit in. Pretty much any current top 20 UFC would make him look like a joke, he'd do okay in a B or C-tier place like Bellator or Pride.
>>
>>2710284
I'd agree that later in his career he would get btfo, he became arrogant as his movie career really took off, but he was one of those guys that trained every day with a solid schedule. What I'm really curious about is how he would deal with the techniques that came after his death.
>>
>>2710256
>How good was he really?
He's only focused on what he wrote, his will is beyond reach, and now when it all unfolds, the skill of an artist.
>>
>>2710256
He would only have trouble with wrestlers, the cancer of mma. I have no doubt he could adapt to the muay thai and jiu jitsu styles. I'd rather watch him in kickboxing or muay thai matches.

But why would he risk his health when he's a legit movie star and would make 100x more money making movies? Donnie Yen has said he would like to do mma but now he's way too old and he's a jillionaire and doesn't have to either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl67rDDJxIk
>>
>>2710256
Bruce Lee was the greatest wrestler who ever lived, 40+ years after his death and he's still working marks into believing he was the God of fighting.
>>
He's the godfather of MMA and initiated the mixing of multiple disciplines of fighting.
>>
>>2710256
He didn't have to get paid MMA dollars, so he already BTFO everyone. Super lean under 160lbs with no ground game that I know of, he avoided a highschooler going lay&pray on him.
>>
>>2710284
Just so you know, the nunchuck ping pong this was a fake commercial many years after his death.

That said, I think he'd do okay, but so much of MMA especially the UFC is clench/ground centric. He'd have to adapt because if he didn't he'd get smoked.
>>
https://youtu.be/odsQwCAOU2k
>>
>>2715182
Thank You.
this is the only footage we have of him striking with force on an object, and he is destroying these pads.

He could hang in any fight. He's not just an actor. The guy is isanely fast, and could easily bounce in and out of strikes and head kick fools dead.
>>
>>2710256

He did the best he could with what he had.

But you have to realize how much things have changed in the last decades, how much MMA has evolved.

A contemporary MMA fighter would kick everyone's ass in one of the first MMA matches, where people were more or less "purists" in their style.
>>
>>2710256
He really wasn't a fighter. His methods of spacing and clinch work are severely outdated. His base is in a style that isnt pressure tested, and he never competed professionally. Sure, he's athletic, and has decent snap kicks, but unless he trained competent stand up and ground game he'd get demolished.
>>
>>2711923
>mfw liu kang and law soundclips
>>
>>2710256
not only would he fuck up all the MMAettys doing so, he would also draw the most dimes in the process. he truly is the GOAT.
>>
>>2710256
Total meme.
>>
>>2716265
Fag
>>
>>2715187
>Against an immobile object being hold by some guy who don't train.
>Still takes forever to throw a kick.

I have my doubts about his techniques working on a real fight.
>>
ask yourself if sylvester stallone or robert deniro could compete even against amateurs in boxing because they did it for a movie

there's your answer. anyone who says anything otherwise is an emasculated chink who drank the koolaid and fell for the propaganda that him and his media team cooked up. go jerk off over his LE 1 INCH PUNCH THAT SENDS HIS ENTOURAGE FRIEND ON HIS PAYROLL FLYING BACK 10 FEET!!!!11!!1! or whatever
>>
>>2715187
>>he is destroying these pads

. . . You're kidding, right?
>>
k, to clear some things up here...

Wing Chun Bruce Lee would have been a joke

You guys realize he created Jeet Kun Do specifically to drop the bullshit forms and emphasize on real-fight efficiency, right? Its widely hailed as one of the first forms of MMA due to its incorporation of ideas from many different disciplines. So lets put the "movie martial arts" thing to bed.

Clearly, modern MMA is more advanced than Jeet Kun Do, or everyone would just be a JDK practitioner. But he would have been able to hang standing up or on the ground much better than you're giving him credit for.

Lastly...the guys punch was measured at 40mph. The only person in history with a faster punch was Ali, at 42mph. That speed would bewilder almost anyone.
>>
John Goodman could beat up 10 Bruce Lees
>>
>>2719864

His movies were made to show off his JKD style, so that argument is invalid.

>>Lastly...the guys punch was measured at 40mph. The only person in history with a faster punch was Ali, at 42mph. That speed would bewilder almost anyone.

Nope

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Liddell

Also, being able to do it once doesn't make you impossible to beat. If that were the case, Ali would never have lost.
>>
>>2719864
>Lastly...the guys punch was measured at 40mph.

if arnold schwarzenegger's entourage told you that his arms were 40 inches around and he could squat 1,000 pounds would you believe it too?
>>
>>2719886
JKD was only used in two movies, 3 if you count Game of Death I guess. His chinese audience stuff was Wing Chun
>>2719892
>contrarian
>doesn't realize Lee was so fast that they were forced to use a faster film speed than the industry standard just to pick up his movements

Thats a verified film industry fact btw
>>
>>2719886
BTW I'm not trying to say he'd be unbeatable by any stretch. But the idea that he wasn't a quality fighter or was just a movie guy is ludicrous
>>
>>2719913
>>doesn't realize Lee was so fast that they were forced to use a faster film speed than the industry standard just to pick up his movements

YEAH AND THEN I HEARD HE WENT KAIOKEN X 15 AND WHEN HE KICKED CHUCK NORRIS THE SHOCKWAVE SHATTERED ALL THE FILM EQUIPMENT
>>
>>2719918
18+
>>
>>2719927
is that the number of punches bruce lee can put out in 1 second? AWESOMEEEEEEEE
>>
Where do you get nunchuks and how do you get good at using them?
>>
>>2719864
>the guys punch was measured at 40mph.

[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>2719984
Make them from the leg bones of your victims.
>>
File: 2zizog1.jpg.gif (201KB, 220x210px) Image search: [Google]
2zizog1.jpg.gif
201KB, 220x210px
>>2710256
He'd get armbared.
>>
File: birb7.jpg (150KB, 729x1081px) Image search: [Google]
birb7.jpg
150KB, 729x1081px
>>2716106
Pretty much this, the martial arts landscape has completely changed since Lee's death and when MMA started taking off there was a mad dash to make a style to end all styles instead of using the old ways. Lee's teachings did help lay the foundation of modern MMA in form of easing the rigid disciplines of fighing.
>>
>>2723915
Although Lee popularized the idea of learning what it works and drop what don't, there were attempts to unify styles and create the ultimate style from before. As example, kenpo.
>>
>>2724593
>As example, kenpo.
Have any more examples?
>>
>>2726041
Wing Chun was a combination of Snake and Crane, apparently

Tae Kwon do was a combination of Taekkyon and Karate

Judo was a modified Jujutsu that eliminated the weapons forms and most of the complex striking

Most Kung Fu styles were, until the Cultural Revolution, a synthesis of the various styles fighting each other and only the most effective surviving. That is, if you trust the heavily romanticized traditional story-telling.

Hell, US military combatives were a combination of boxing, judo, and wrestling as far back as World War I when Roosevelt appointed Kyozo Mifune as official instructor of the Navy.

Bruce Lee may have popularized the idea of mixing styles and taking only "what worked" by giving it a neat name, but it definitely did exist before him.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.