[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMA or Boxing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (198KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 800x300px
MMA or Boxing?
>>
>>2708330
Depends on the audience. I'd say MMA has replaced Wrestling as the kind of think you drink bear and watch with your bros, while you're in your 20's. But boxing is better for middle-aged men smoking cigars with lots of bantz, and it's a better sport in general.

MMA is more masculine. Boxing is more social.
Both are great though.
>>
saw a boxing match with a nip vs a spic yesterday and had 10x more fun watching the nip get his ass handed to him than i ever did watching MemeMAor WWMeme
>>
>>2708330
wrestling
>>
File: mma_ufc141_14_340.jpg (82KB, 340x510px) Image search: [Google]
mma_ufc141_14_340.jpg
82KB, 340x510px
>>2708759

Here's your (((YOU)))
>>
>>2708330
Boxing. 'Big Banter Gypsy King 2 Fast' Tyson Fury vs 'AJ' Anthony Joshua when?
>>
>>2708330
Both are fucking awesome.

Wrestling is for pathetic losers.

DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS
>>
>>2708783
When Fury comes off his latest bender.
>>
>>2708786
>boxing
>awesome

Go to bed, grandpa
>>
Box draws more money but MMA is way more fun and actually a more complete sport. We already saw the best boxers of all time and all of them have a roof in terms of habilities and options.

In MMA is different and the whole sport change according the tendencies. For example in the beginning of the sport everyone was a striker (Gordeau, Shamrock, Dan Severn), in late 90's and early 00's anyone who was a black bet BJJ was virtually the winner(The whole Gracie family), then in the mid 00's the tendencie was to be good at striking AND ground game (Fedor, Randleman, Minotauro Nogueira, etc). Now the actual MMA tendency,10's, is ground game and being an unorthodox striker (Silva, McGregor, Jones). We didn't have seen the best fighter in the history of this sport, basically the only names to consideer is Fedor and Demetrius J.
>>
>>2708826
>We already saw the best boxers of all time
Vasyl.
>>
>>2708826
This... MMA is still getting more competitive, box is a burned out sport.
>>
>>2708905
>box is a burned out sport.
It's obvious you don't watch or follow the sport.
>>
>>2708905
Fucking /casual/
>>
Boxing is the king of combat sports and always will be. MMA just fills a niche.
>>
>>2708826
>MMA is fun
lmao
>>
>>2708939
What's so funny?
>>
I would vote for boxing if anything because it's much more practical to learn for your average joe.
>>
>>2708963
not mma
>>
Wrestling. I like my fixed combat "sports" to admit they're fixed.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13087606

Here let's do this Democratically
>>
>>2708330
>le Anthony Joshua

Can't wait until he gets caught pissing hot
>>
>>2708834
This. What he does it's now taught in boxing schools
>>
MMA is more entertaining.
>>
boxing is my 2nd favorite sport
>>
File: 1443080811989.jpg (46KB, 730x419px) Image search: [Google]
1443080811989.jpg
46KB, 730x419px
MMGay is for fags who are too scared to come out of the closet
>>
>>2711367
But it has multiple female divisions...
>>
MMA is 1000x better than boxing. Grappling is more fun to watch than striking.
>>
>>2708826
>For example in the beginning of the sport everyone was a striker (Gordeau, Shamrock, Dan Severn),

Shamrock and Severn "strikers" bet you never watched early UFC then
>>
>>2711375
((((female))))
>>
>>2711383
If you're gay or Greek. Same thing though
>>
MMA if you're in a street fight.

Boxing if you want to make money.
>>
as a frequenter of both /heem/ and /box/ on /sp/ i still think boxing is the best martial art, one day i hope to see legit boxing (and the movement that comes with it) in mma instead of the terrible striking we see now. cody garbrandt vs cruz and holm vs rousey were some nice examples so we are getting there
>>
>>2715108
>MMA if you're in a street fight.

LOL
Try that dry humping shit in a real fight and see what happens
>>
>>2708330

That's not an "either/or" question, really.

You can start with boxing, git gud and then cross train in grappling (or pure MMA).

And you can do MMA and focus on boxing.

>>2708357

>MMA is more masculine. Boxing is more social.

Exactly the other way around.

Boxers are pretty tough dudes that punch each other until they bleed. Boxers have "heart". Boxers don't have glass chins. Boxers don't cuddle on the floor. Boxers are either upper class or working class, almost no middle ground.

MMA guys often have a BJJ background. It's much more about being social, about the highly technical skillset. MMA is a very costly art and you need much longer until you are capable, because you have to train everything a little bit and on top you try to develop some aspect where you excel.

Of course MMA deserves a lot of respect. I'm not saying it isn't great. But today it's much more like being an athlete and finding the right "configuration", not so much about being a tough guy anymore (though it surely helps).
>>
>>2715253
When has there ever even been a "fair" street fight. Countless videos on the net and the idea of it just does not exist. Most people are out before it gets to the ground without even factoring in the very high chance that it's not going to be a 1v1.
>>
>>2715108

>MMA if you're in a street fight.
>Boxing if you want to make money.

Once again:
Exactly the other way around.

Making money in boxing is so fucking hard, because the competition is huge. But MMA is getting more and more popular and if you made it on intermediate level, you can get along.

Now on the streets boxing is the only fighting art I've ever seen that enables you to cope with more than one guy. I trust me, I've trained a lot of martial arts. In a 1 vs. 1 scenario grappling kicks ass. But on the street you want to keep moving at all costs.

Why?
Because cause often when you get grounded and you get stomped.
Also you never know who is going to interfere in a fight, you want to move to not let anybody get in your back.
Last but not least you might not know if someone has a weapon. Good luck with your guard while the other guy stabs you in the belly with a shard.

Don't get me wrong, the average MMA dude will hand someone's ass. And of course if you know boxing, MMA will come in handy. But the sweet sience kicks ass on the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2DirtL7JBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSX0PCQXiO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJUw7OXXGwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhDTcxcV0u8
>>
>>2711367
>still meming this because you have no argument and watch a carnie "sport" that is far more homoerotic
>>
>>2713146
Really embarrassing. He doesn't eve realize that Royce dominated people in the early days. Severn couldn't strike FOR SHIT
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.