[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does WWE insist on having hometown heroes always lose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Why does WWE insist on having hometown heroes always lose?
>>
Honestly it's to get heat on the heels I bet. You may disagree with it but I think that's why they do it
>>
Cheap heat for the heel
>>
>>2707985

Because they want people to be angry and annoyed, so that they stay home the next time the show comes to town.
>>
>>2707985
>AJ's first clean loss since RR and maybe second total in the last 6 months was to Dolph fucking Ziggler on a random Smackdown
This was so stupid
>>
>>2707996
Yeah I don't get why they bothered protecting him with that count out finish at Backlash just to do this two weeks later
>>
>>2707995
kek

WWE and Dolph Ziggler fucking suck.
>>
>>2707999

Was he maybe supposed to have his foot on the ropes but they botched it? I'm not sure.
>>
>>2707985
Austin thinks it's so that talents don't get an ego about jobbing in their home town, Vince just has them always lose so they get used to it.
>>
>>2707992
>>2707994
>All Ziggler got was DEAFENING silence
Is it over for good ol' Ziggles? Did he have one too many comebacks and nobody is willing to buy into him anymore?

Good.
>>
>>2708058
he´s just boring now and more importantly, a boring niceguy who does asshole shit coz the script uncreative team hands to him tells him to

also you can clearly tell he´s tired as fuck
>>
>>2708058
I think so. His heel turn failed so spectacularly, he's just filler now. Don't expect him to leave the company, though, he's a company man through and through. He'll just slide down the card into oblivion.
>>
>>2707995
Perfect

>>2707992
>>2707994
Except this doesn't work because they may not be in said town again for months.
>>
File: naomiwrestlemania.jpg (49KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
naomiwrestlemania.jpg
49KB, 620x400px
I guess you can only win in your hometown if it's Wrestlemania.

Remember when they did this and everybody cheered and everybody loved it? Fuckin' stupid, apparently.
>>
>>2707985
It comes from the territory days where you would have the heel get cheap heat to build hype for a rematch. You would usually be back in that town in about a month or two, so it would still be fresh in everyones minds there. Nowadays, it can be a full year or more before WWE returns to the same place, so it doesn't exactly work anymore. Probably wouldn't work even if they did show up earlier, considering how fast they shuffle through storylines.
>>
it only makes the hometown crowd deflated, there is never any heat.
>>
They think it's "surprising", but they don't realize they have been doing it for so long it barely surprises anyone anymore
>>
>>2708009
That's the impression I got. I just watched it five minutes ago.
>>
File: Drawharaja.webm (2MB, 1002x416px) Image search: [Google]
Drawharaja.webm
2MB, 1002x416px
>>2707985

Does this mean Based Maharaja isn't ever gonna lose the belt?
>>
>>2708048
This. I bet he uses it to test wrestlers to see how big of a mark they are for themselves.
>>
>>2708696

Battleground
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.