[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a draw? What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: glacier.jpg (44KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
glacier.jpg
44KB, 645x370px
Was he a draw? What went wrong?
>>
I barely remember telling my friends that WCW was going to get super awesome thanks to that guy debut, how wrong I wad
>>
>>2707892
His vignettes pre-debut were pretty good, I fell for the hype as well
>>
Didn't the entrance cost like $50,000 or something.
>>
Great character, shit wrestler.
>>
you now remember his next gimmick was a gym coach
>>
>>2707896
They were TOO good. Nothing could live up to the hype.
>>
>>2708974
Anyone who says that is clearly underage. All the Blood Runs Cold matches were rock solid.
>>
>>2707880
The problem is that he debuted post-nWo. People didn't want stupid gimmick wrestlers after that. They wanted people in black t-shirts and jeans shooting on the mic.
>>
File: Sub-zero.gif (21KB, 215x198px) Image search: [Google]
Sub-zero.gif
21KB, 215x198px
>>2707880

Great vignettes, great concept, great look, great entrance, great music........

Shit in the ring, shit promos. Which in the end are all that really matters to get over with the crowd.

I don't want to Raymond Lloyd, but the whole concept should have been put on ANYONE ELSE. Personally all that Japanese talent they had could have been a perfect fit for at least ring work, even if they would not be able to cut a promo in proper English.

To this day, I still LIKE the Glacier character and all the potential it had. Just again.... wrong guy to attach it too.
>>
>>2709067
>I don't want to BURY Raymond Lloyd
I meant
>>
Didn't wcw do an angle where Ernest the cat Miller bought glaciers gimmick with sonny onno?
>>
File: glacier-mortis-chair-kick.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
glacier-mortis-chair-kick.gif
2MB, 500x370px
>>2707880
He takes wicked chair shots, bro.
>>
>>2707896
i saw one on an old episode of nitro awhile ago and it was fucking terrible. it went on for way too long and it was just the same video looping over and over again. you could tell even the guy himself couldnt buy into the bullshit he was saying. i dont understand what all the hype was about
>>
File: Scorpion_MKX_Render.png (301KB, 358x542px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion_MKX_Render.png
301KB, 358x542px
>What went wrong?
>>
>>2709219
Erik BIshoff knew what he was doing

He was making Sub Zero and pitted him again Mortus in WCW as their Shao Khan. Just between Raymond/Glacier's terrible promos/acting and ring work and Mortus/Chris Kanyon still being green as shit in the business. It was doomed
>>
>>2709236
see
>>2709188
>>
>>2709219
He was murdered in cold blood and sent to hell, unfortunately. He could never get over with the Devil.
>>
>>2709219
He was pushed to the moon and still never drew a quarter

Liu Kang on the other hand...
>undefeated earthrealm champ
>had to vacate belt due to injury
>current neatherrealm champ
>banging Kitana
>had his own spin off game
>not the Janetty
>>
He was my go to guy in WCW NWO revenge on n64
>>
>>2709236
Mortis was fucking awesome.
>>
Watched Uncensored 1997 vs Mortis last night and he seemed over with the fans in attendance
>>
>>2709283
BASED

How can Kung Laoetty even compete?
>>
>>2709788
He can't. Not even his faggy cousin
>>
>>2707880
I turned down his autograph at a thunder live taping. He looked sad after.
>>
>>2707880
are you some kiddie watching 1996 wcw for the first time? ive noticed tons of threads about summer 96 wcw and onwards. will you be posting 1997 threads in a few weeks?
>>
>>2709788
Kung Lao sold more merch than Kangetty. Those hats sold almost as much as Johnny Cage's sunglasses.

We all know Johnny was the true draw of the Kombat era though.
>>
>>2710092
You broke the mans spirit, no wonder he failed with fans like you.
>>
>>2710989
I've only made this thread. What the fuck is your problem? Cool your autism.
>>
>>2710995
>Cagefags being this deluded after they let him go over Shinnok just ONCE
>>
>>2711208
didnt think youd get worked this hard over being called a kid.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.