[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer on Low WWE Ratings While Indys Thrive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: dave meltzer.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
dave meltzer.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqaVa9QFPw

>"Cord cutting is an absolutely bullshit excuse."
-The Meltz

/asp/ absolutely seething
>>
>>2703705
>outlaw wrestling
just watch new japan
>>
>>2703705
>/asp/ absolutely seething

Yeah, because everybody here just adores WWE and doesn't shit on them all the time at all...
>>
>>2703709
>dismisses outlaw wrestling then tells us to watch it in the next sentence
>>
File: Wrestlemania 40.jpg (80KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestlemania 40.jpg
80KB, 800x455px
>>2703717
There are tons of E drones around that will commit ritual suicide after they fold in 2020.
>>
File: 1494390265786.png (241KB, 480x480px)
1494390265786.png
241KB, 480x480px
>>2703729
>>
Lol what is this goober even talking about. Even though WWE's TV ratings are lower than ever, they're still higher than any other wrestling promotion on Earth. Most feds don't even have a fucking TV show for fuck's sake. Also, WWE still sells more tickets - that's asses in seats - at shows than any other wrestling promotion.

>LOL WWE IS FINISHED

You people, especially Meltzer, are morons.
>>
>>2703836
>WWE has literally no competition
>still hemorrhages viewers like nobodies business
>>
>>2703836

Here's a (((YOU))), you fucking E SHILL
>>
>>2703836
Yeah it's not the like the former biggest promotion was overtaken by WWE and went out of busine-

wait
>>
>>2703836
>hurr durr what are downward trends in ratings, ticket sales and profits
Nobody is saying they're going to die overnight, fucktard. Obviously a company this big will take time to shrink and be surpassed by others.
>>
>>2703836

They also have much higher costs than any other promotion and the tv contract is literally their lifeline at the moment.
>>
>>2703836
>TV ratings are the only measurement of success

Reminder that Backlash tickets screeched to a halt once the card was announced and the SD afterwards only had 4000 attendees.
>>
>>2703855
No. They have high costs because they make bank. WWE doesn't need fucking WWE movie studios, or a performance center, or two separate shows/crews.

and the TV contract is less than 30% of their revenue which they throw some back at USA by buying so much ad time on their own show. They fucking give the money back. That's how "important" it is, you schmuck.

If they want a large contract from USA, all they literally have to do, is promise to spend more on ad time.

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Some pretending to.
>>
is wwe intentionally sabotaging their ratings so that they are forced to go 100% with the network?
>>
>>2703871
WWE got lowballed on their previous TV contract and they had far more people watching back then
>>
>>2703871

Those 30% is also the only thing that keeps them in the positive.

They had a profit of 7.5 million with a record revenue of 750 million (thanks to the tv fees).

When they have to get a new contract and the ratings continue to bottom out, the fees will get cut down massively immediately putting the WWE in the red.

And they buy so much ad time to push the Network, they even are giving out Mania for free every year now, just to have a bigger number in their report.
>>
>>2703841
>B-BUT MUH NBA PLAYOFFS!
>>
>>2703890
Reminder that New Japan made almost half of WWE's profit despite having about 5% of their "revenue"
>>
>>2703882
No absolutely not don't be retarded.

ITT: Babby children who don't understand how anything, anywhere, works.
>>
These threads are fucking pointless. It's not about indies or WWE, it's about WRESTLING as a whole not drawing for shit. It's done, dead. Indies are thriving right now because they cater to smarks. They have embraced the fact that pro wrestling in 2017 is a niche sub culture. WWE still thinks it can draw casuals, and they fail.
>>
>>2703988
wwe is keeping itself from drawing casuals with three hour raws

meanwhile indies are easier to get into than ever since everything is online
>>
>>2703988
but the indies, and NJPW are drawing bigger and bigger crowds each year. This probably doesn't mean they're the ones creating new fans of wrestling but more wrestling fans are learning there are better alternatives to WWE. WWE is losing their fanbase.
>>
>>2703988
>WRESTLING as a whole not drawing for shit.
>Indies are thriving right now
>>
>>2704064
>casuals are gone, only marks watch wrestling now
>more marks start to follow indies because WWE is shit
WWEboos literally CAN'T into reading comprehension
>>
>>2704071
So you're saying WWE can't draw marks but indies can.
>>
>>2703836
I agree. I amso fucking tired of Meltzer and all of his followers. They're a goddamn echo chamber.
>>
>>2704081
This board is Melzer echochamber.

Don't like it? Get the fuck out of the internet.
>>
>>2704081
>I know nothing about "Meltzer" but I HATE HIM
>>
>>2703705
He makes a point. I PVR raw and fast forward through pretty much the entire show just in case something entertaining or exciting happens (it never does). I have no idea how the fuck people sit through RAW 3 hours every week. It's literally unwatchable.
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 960x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 960x842px
>>2704084
Make me
>>
The WWE had the arrogant impression that they had a core audience that no matter how shit it is or how much they tried to appeal to other audiences at the expense of their core they'd keep tuning into the show.

Look at the impression of the old timers and stooges like Road Dogg and shit.. they always say like "I hate the fans that bitch, they always tune in next week anyway haha! You can never lose that audience" and they really have lost a good portion of it.
>>
File: 1469321755285.jpg (434KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1469321755285.jpg
434KB, 2048x1536px
>>2703705
>>
>>2703997
>indies
Drawing 45 people instead of the 40 they drew last year means fucking nothing.
>>
>>2704578
no wonder Dave is hitting the weights

hes a manlet
>>
>>2704565
I don't remember exactly how he said it but Bubba said something to the effect of "YOU'RE PAYING MONEY TO BOO ROMAN, THAT MEANS HE WINS" and it's just like motherfucker, they've lost 20% of their viewers in a year.
>>
>>2704592
Well he isn't necessarily wrong because there are still people who buy tickets, and their loudest reactions are for roman. Positive or not.

Scott hall and xpac one time in a shoot interview explain it fairly well. When the finish time rolls around they pop and suddenly remember to start booing mid cheer.

Leave the building if you want to make a statement.
>>
>>2704617
Nah, dude. It's not "remembering to boo", it's enjoying the match and then it suddenly being derailed by the shit finish.
>>
>>2704590
Delete this
>>
>>2703705
Every wrestler fan must go through the period where they believe Meltzer.
Eventually, you come out the other side.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (71KB, 1080x602px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
71KB, 1080x602px
>>2704653
>Eventually, you come out as a massive corporate WWE Apologist / E Drone

fixed it
>>
>>2704653
THIS
>>
>>2704591
Now if he would only:

1. Gain height.
2. Get a clue.
>>
>>2703729
>E-drones are literally a dead crowd
Makes you think
>>
As bad as WWE is, do you really wanna see ROH take over and have fucking Cheeseburger on anti smoking ads?
>tfw Jay Lethal worked you into getting a knee brace at little or no cost
>>
>>2704592
Yeah I hear that with old timers, Bischoff, Russo, it's like "You have these viewers, they always tune in, so chase after the casuals because they will always go back no matter how pissed off they get"

As shit as the product is now though I wonder how much of that is just backlash of a decade of that mindset. Guest hosts, SuperCena pushing, etc people are just sick of the garbage.
>>
>>2704848
The thing that people are forgetting is that the audience that WWE is loosing isn't going back to the indies. This is a WCW scenario all over again and the indie fags are cheering.
But hey we might get to see the death of wrestling so it's all good.
>>
>>2704848
Lethal selling me health insurance is legit more entertaining than months worth of RAW
>>
>>2704590
We're not talking about Jinder's Smackdown

>Backlash sales died out the ass in CHICAGO
>>
>Indies are thriving, wrestling isn't dead
No it's fucking dead right now. Packing a "2000" seat house isn't a blip on anyone's fucking radar but indy marks who think it's a big deal.
>>
>>2707863
>I know nothing but here's my opinion

And hey, if an indy doubled that attendance, they'd have a Smackdown crowd!
>>
>>2707882
Ok? I just said wrestling is dead right now so I don't know what you're sperging about.
>>
>>2707901
>/wwe/ mark in "sub-literate" shocker!
>>
>>2703705
>why are people watching g less wrestling?

Because less people like wrestling. This has to be accepted. I don't care, as long as the shows are good.
>>
>>2707863
There's a difference between dead and being a success on a lower scale. WWE is the Wal-Mart of wrestling, Indies are the small independent stores.
>>
>>2704590
ICW run shows in front of thousands several times a year, no show in england was running shows in front of more than a hundred people a year 5 years ago. There's multiple indys that draw almost a thousand if not thousands on their biggest shows. This wasn't even close to a thing unless you had kobashi's "only" state side match ever on your card years ago.

Indy shit is actually getting a decent audience, I mean, look at AAW's growth if you want more proof. NJPW sell out in hours or a day or so almost everywhere in japan compared to 5 years ago when that was a pipe dream. Everywhere relevant is on the up, except WWE and TNA.... though TNA is more due to their own retardation.
>>
>>2704874
The biggest hit on the indys would only just be wrestlemania weekend, outside of that, it'd be crazy amounts of talents pumped back into the indys which would do the indys wonders short and long term.
>>
What is the deal with you weebs? I've trounced all of you over and over with my precise logic and undisputed intelligence. It's like you New Japan fags are the itsy burst spider and I am the WWE rain that will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wash you down the spout. But you keep climbing back up for more. I don't get it.
>>
>>2707950
>AAW

fucking based

>>2707976
>itsy burst spider

Imagine being so dumb you can't even get nursery rhymes correct.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.