[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YEAH BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON? What was meant by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

>YEAH BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON?

What was meant by this?
>>
Wh What are you talking about!? Get 'em Hogan! Go get 'em baby!
>>
Whose bad now boys!?
>>
WCW you fucking retard.
>>
Heenan hated Hogan and wanted to sandbag it
>>
fucking spoilers
>>
I am so sick and tired of the "b-but Heenan always hated Hogan and assumed the worst about him" excuse for this bullshit

Yes, we all know Heenan kayfabe hated Hogan for years and would always try to spin his good guy hero character as a jerk somehow. But he chose the absolute worst time to try that schtick. He should have shut his ass up and let Schiavone and Dusty sell the moment up until the legdrop.

Heenan fucking spoiled it for all wrestling fans with half a brain that was watching it live that night, including myself.
>>
>>2695607

Worked
>>
File: 1495000853957.gif (506KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495000853957.gif
506KB, 200x150px
Heenan not only hated Hogan, he was a heel for decades. It makes sense that out of the three, he'd be the only one to even consider the fact that Hogan maybe could've been the third man. I see no problem with it, anyone complaining needs to have sex.
>>
he meant the 3rd mystery guy didnt show up yet and it could be hogan
>>
>>2695922
Putting the idea into the viewers heads then makes the turn less surprising. That's the problem with it. There was literally no upside and plenty of downside.
>>
>>2695925
I think the apparent utter improbability of Hogan being the third man makes Heenan sound like a goof for even fancying the notion, which in turn accentuates the whole scenario. It's not like he dropped the line nonchalantly, he sounded exasperated.
>>
Heenan was such a fuck up in WCW. Bischoff should have sent him home the first time he showed up to work drunk, he just kept him around because the boys in the locker room (including Hogan) liked him.

I get the "Heenan always hated him" argument, but it doesn't work for me. Heenan put being a heel above all else, and he only hated Hogan because Hogan was always the top face. If Hogan was turning Heenan would have embraced him wholeheartedly.

also, when Hogan turned face again a couple years after that, Heenan was cheering him. his "character" in WCW was inconsistent to say the least.
>>
>>2695925
Literally no one at the time ever even dreamed that Hogan would be a heel so it didn't really, it was just Heenan playing up his schtick.
>>
>>2695607
>all wrestling fans with half of a brain including myself

Hi psycho Sid.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 1175x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 1175x900px
>>2695607
>>2696117
>>
>>2696097
>Literally no one at the time ever even dreamed that Hogan would be a heel

that's absolutely not true. at all. Hogan was heavily rumored to be the 3rd man.

>it was just Heenan playing up his schtick.

It was Heenan being a drunken fuck up. During the middle of the biggest angle in company history isn't the time to be doing shtick. And anyways, Heenan's shtick was that he was the ultimate heel., nothing less, nothing more.
>>
>>2696637
Have sex: the post
>>
>>2696642

>Have sex

How busy is your mom busy tonight? I saw the line forming around the block.
>>
File: 1491498746493.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1491498746493.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>>2696647
Jeez it's like high school in here
>>
>>2696650

welcome to 4chan
>>
>>2696652
Thanks hotshot. Don't let the door kick your ass on the way out. Or do, see like I give a care.
>>
>>2695607
Yeah that might have been the worst call in history. Absolutely blew it with an awkward call that was handled poorly by the rest of the commentators
>>
>>2695551
i'm surprised he's quite lean during his wcw run
>>
>>2695551
fucking heenan spoiling the swerve for some reason

that'd be like lawler saying "BOY I HOPE MR MCMAHON DOESN'T SHAKE HANDS WITH STONE COLD" right before the end of wm17
>>
>>2696815
>that was handled poorly by the rest of the commentators

Can you blame them? What else could they possibly say in that moment to try and save it?

Think about it: you're selling your ass off for Hogan's appearance like he's a superhero coming in to save the day, perfectly covering up what's about to be the most shocking heel turn in the history of the business....and some faggot next to you suddenly spoils the fuck out of it

All you can say to respond to that stupidity at that point, is exactly what the other commentator (Dusty?) said: "Wha...w-what are you talking about?!"

If it wasn't for Matt Striker's infamous "CENA'S FREE!" botch, then Heenan's Bash at the Beach call would be the worst commentary fuck-up ever
>>
>>2695551

Heenan fucked up so hard with that line that God took his damn jaw away as punishment for saying it
>>
>>2696942
"I never thought I'd say this, but come on HULKSTER! WCW Needs ya pal!"
>>
File: The Brain.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Brain.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>2696958

>er wersh Gurrirra wussh herr

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2696863
Lawler wasn't at X7 you fucking asshole
>>
>>2696973

Or Heenan could have just kept his mouth shut for 30 seconds up until the legdrop while Tony and Dusty sold Hogan's entrance

Or he could have just said a generic "Hogan's back" comment, which is exactly what he did when Hogan returned to the red and yellow in 1999
>>
>>2695551

Didn't the story go that Tony Schiavone would purposely keep information (such as Hogan's turn) to himself, in an effort to make the other commentators look stupid? Brain would totally be justified in that case.
>>
>>2697146
>in an effort to make the other commentators look stupid?
But how would their genuine suprise make them look stupid?

Also, if you know Hogan's coming in and you know the winner, you know Hogan's turning heel because there's no way they would bring Hogan in and have his intervention be ineffectual.
>>
>>2696958
damn, this is fucked up
>>
>>2695925
Theres what, 20-30 seconds between Heenan saying it and Hogan dropping the leg? I doubt anyone put that much thought into it given the circumstances in that timeframe.
>>
>>2699235

Look at how many people gave Michael Cole shit for his stupid "Streak's over!!" phrase whenever someone pinned Taker at Mania. That's literally one, maybe two seconds before the kickout, yet it still spoils the moment because you INSTANTLY know Taker is gonna kick out as soon as Cole says that dumb shit.

Heenan suggesting the possibility of Hogan joining the bad guys 20 seconds before he actually joined the bad guys, is basically the same thing.
>>
File: 2133213212132123.jpg (35KB, 599x393px) Image search: [Google]
2133213212132123.jpg
35KB, 599x393px
You now remember he outlived Roddy Piper
>>
>>2695551
>that guy with the ecw shirt in the front row marking out
>>
>>2699245
Cole's THE STREAK IS OVER reaction was ultimately vindicated despite its shittiness because he called the actual end of the Streak the same way.
>>
>>2696642
Worked
>>
WCW commentary was so bad I can't even ironically appreciate it in hindsight.
>>
>>2697024
oh yeah i remember that in 99 well shit now he does look like more of a fuck for doing that
>>
>>2699252

Christ, someone put him out of his misery already
>>
>>2695551
The announce crew didn't know he was turning.

The whole night, as usual, Heenan was shitting on Hogan because that's what he did, and "whose side is he on" is just Heenan shitting on Hogan as usual (ie, by implying that Hogan actually was a cunt all along), except that he turned out to be correct.

It only feels weird for newfags who never watched WCW.

It was a shoot reaction.
>>
>>2699378
>The announce crew didn't know he was turning.

they absolutely knew, and it's ridiculous to think they didn't

>It only feels weird for newfags who never watched WCW

I'm 38, I was watching WCW/NWA from the mid 80's until Vince bought it out. It was definitely a weird, out of character call.

Heenan fucked up, stop trying to white knight.
>>
>>2699378
This is true. A lot of the time storylines were kept from the commentators to ensure a "real" reaction - as generally, they were unable to act surprised. There's a similar scenario with Tony Schiavone, Mark Madden and Scott Hudson in a late 00s episode of Nitro, where Russo was in the ring swearing his head off about backstage bullshit and running down Goldberg, literally melting down in the ring, as Nitro came on air. Schiavone couldn't get it through his head that Nitro had started, with Hudson and Madden unsure of what to do or say at the time - the reaction was priceless, and Russo got what he wanted (ratings spike). Had they been in on it, it would've been the usual three commentator pandering - but at the time, this was the only way to sell it as real, and it worked.
>>
>>2699417
>they absolutely knew, and it's ridiculous to think they didn't

If Tony Schiavone knew in advance that he was turning, then someone needed to slap the shit out of him for coming up with the legendary line "I never thought I'd say he's yellow, but....he maybe wearing red - he's wearing red....AND yellow....!!"
>>
>>2699417
So you've been wrong about Heenan and haven't understood his character at all for over 21 years?

>>2699436
>Russo worked shoot spiked ratings

[x] doubt
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (271KB, 1158x739px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
271KB, 1158x739px
>>2699252
>>
>>2699245
>
Look at how many people gave Michael Cole shit for his stupid "Streak's over!!" phrase whenever someone pinned Taker at Mania. That's literally one, maybe two seconds before the kickout, yet it still spoils the moment because you INSTANTLY know Taker is gonna kick out as soon as Cole says that dumb shit.

This ended up working out and turned out to be Cole's best, most memorable line ever.
>>
File: heenan.jpg (74KB, 594x750px) Image search: [Google]
heenan.jpg
74KB, 594x750px
>>2699252
where have I seen him before?
>>
>>2699436
Russo is a mad genius.
>>
>>2699527

God, that is just creepy...

I know he can't help how he looks but if I was his grandchild I would never want to be around him
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.