[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Raw draws lowest non-football rating in over 20 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: ripwwe.png (30KB, 628x421px) Image search: [Google]
ripwwe.png
30KB, 628x421px
Per WOR at www.f4wonline.com, Dave Meltzer reported that this was the worst non-holiday numbers Raw has drawn since 1996. From 8-9PM Monday Night Raw drew its lowest number of viewers since their last July 4 show (for foreign readers, it's US Independence Day on July 4 and it's a widely celebrated day to skip work and BBQ). He noted this show did worse than the pre-taped London show. He also stated that while the NBA playoff game certainly hurt WWE, this show was down 20% from the same week last year, which went up against a stronger NBA game. So "it's not like the competition is down this year," as there are indeed playoffs every year. Overall the ratings were down 20%, and down 40% in teenage boys.

WWE is dead come 2019.
>>
>>2689749

>WWE is dead come 2019.

You mean 2018.

Based Kidani will save Pro-Wrestling
>>
>>2689749
It's fine. Roman is the future and they're doing a slow burn on him being "the guy".

This isn't the attitude era. You can't just have a vanilla midget start spitting a catchphrase and have it get over.

I think the solution is to cancel SD and make Raw 4 hours. Spices up the card, gives Roman some more feuds, and you might get lucky and build a strong #2 face of the company - like Cena or Orton or Braun or Sasha on the female side.

Also fucking end the female matches. Bra and panty, 1 min squashes, tits and ass - that draws money. Also maybe kill the "diversity" a bit? You just gave Jinder a belt, bad timing with the bombing. Give it to a white dude to celebrate Memorial Day, that'll get a big pop and draw viewers.
>>
Anyone want to bet they'll be below 2 million by the end of 2017?
>>
>>2689751
this
>>
>>2689762
smack jumped up this week but will probably fall again to 2 million next week or after

people only tuned in for the fallout of backlash
>>
>>2689749
Memorial Day is gonna be a blood bath and I can't fucking wait
>>
>>2689755

the rest I agree with but

>4 hour long show
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>2689755
>Give it to a white dude to celebrate Memorial Day, that'll get a big pop and draw viewers.

but the ratings popped when they took if off Honkey Orton
>>
>>2690382
he's clearly a troll and you agreeing with him makes you a total retard Neethammer
>>
>>2689749
based
>>
>CANCEL SMACKDOWN
>MAKE RAW 2 HOURS
>FIRE HALF THE MAIN ROSTER
>CANCEL NXT AND 205 AND FIRE ALL CRUISERWEIGHTS
>BRING HHH BACK FULL TIME IN THE RING, ALONG WITH TAKER, ROCKY, LESNAR, GOLDBERG, ETC SO NEW GUYS ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE WORTHY TO GIVE THEM THE RUB (AND WE HAVE WRESTLERS WORTH WATCHING IN THE MEANTIME
>FIRE ALL CURRENT WRITERS
>HIRE VINCE RUSSO AND KEVIN NASH AS WRITERS AND BOOKERS. ALL IDEAS GO THROUGH AN OPEN MINDED HHH AND VINCE
>BRING BACK BLADING ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS
>ROCK/METAL SHOW THEME
>ALL WRESTLERS UNDER 6' ARE PERMANENT JOBBERS WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS (JERICHO)
>MORE BACKSTAGE SEGMENTS, LESS WRESTLING ON NON-PPVs (RARELY ARE TV MATCHES WORTH WATCHING ANYWAY SO THIS CUTS THE FLUFF)
>MAKE THINGS A BIT EDGIER BUT DONT GO OVERBOARD.
>THE LIST GOES ON
>>
>>2691240
>how to kill WWE now in caplocks
>>
>>2691248
If you could press a button and make it happen you would

Everyone here would. Don't even try to deny it.
>>
>>2691259
I would not
>>
File: 1458110593847.jpg (359KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1458110593847.jpg
359KB, 2000x1087px
>>2689749
>>
>>2691259
I would, but only because it would mean WWE would die and all my favourites would be off having way better matches in way better feuds in the indys, japan and mexico.
>>
We need to get behind Roman Reigns. Let him carry this fucking industry.
>>
WWE will very likely be barely above a 2.0 by the end of 2017, or maybe even fall below. It's going down with no end in sight and they've already lost their WrestleMania audience.
>>
How to save RAW

>Cena returns to Smackdown. Shane puts him in loser get fired match with AJ Styles on TV.
>AJ Styles win
>Cena shows up at RAW next week to save Roman Reigns as he is being attacked by a newly turned Hardy Boyz with heel Broken Matt manipulating a face Brother Nero
>Cena and Reigns form super face tag team and compete in the division for the belts. They dress alike, and sell the same merch with sweatbands.
>Cena and Reigns shoot vignettes doing charity work with kids, military, retards, and 4chan basement dwellers.
>Cena does something really controversial and turns heel. Attacks a midget kid in wheelchair when they show more love to Roman instead of Cena or something.
>Heel Cena vs Face Reigns program

So basically, something controversial, a Cena heel turn where Reigns gets to battle him and get the face rub from. Should work, if done right.
>>
>>2691591
>turn Cena & Hardys
>to push Reigns even more

>>2691543
the fucking state of /wwe/ drones
>>
>>2691539
>Sami Zayn vs Naito

just have all of my dimes
>>
>>2691674
You damn well if Cena turned heel, the same people who boo Reigns are gonna cheer that, so might as well work them and get money from the smarks, and the marks.

You're over here playing shoot and ladders, while I'm playing 4d chess.
>>
If NBA Finals go 5 games, itll be on a Monday. Expect a barely 2.0 rating maybe 1.5.
>>
Ratings don't mean shot

WWE is too big to fail.

Have sex
>>
>>2691720
So all you accomplish is sacrificing Cena's popularity with his core demographic? Brilliant.

>>2691740
No such thing as "too big to fail" dumb /wwe/ drone. Pick up an ECON textbook.
>>
>>2689749
Most of this can be blamed on them putting the main title on a guy who doesn't even show up for a fourth of the shows
>>
>>2691773
The current marked decline of RAW happened during Lesnar's previous title run too...
>>
>>2691740
This

>company makes $750 million a year
>literally the marvel comics of wrestling companies
>>
>>2691591
Not 100% on that set-up but Cena turning is a really good idea, they need a massive summer angle to draw people in. Cena turning heel or an invading faction, something big like that.
>>
>>2691785
There is some element of truth to that though. Two of my co-workers who watch raw every week have completely stopped watching it until Lesnar comes back.
>>
Two hour shows. End the PG era and return to the blue collar atmosphere. Start rebuilding from there. They need to do this while they still have money.

>That'll hurt their profits in the short term!

They've spent the past 15 years turning a cultural phenomena into a dead brand for short term profits. They're not going to bring this sinking ship back to harbor and make it sea-worthy again without a few casualties. The alternative is that the ship itself goes down.
>>
>>2691834

Only option. Even the kiddies from the pg era have grown up. I refuse to watch until it is entertaining again. RAM is unwatchable right now.
>>
>>2691798

The only reason why Marvel is fine right now is because their movies (which are still designed to entertain rather than indoctrinate and virtue signal) print money. It's not due to some magical influx of funds which continues forever once you break a certain threshold of cultural relevance.

WWE's money is going to start drying up before long. You know what advertisers hate even more than complaints from perpetually outraged authoritarians? Nobody seeings the ads that they paid for.
>>
>>2691838
>>2691834
WWE went PG in 2008. It was unwatchably terrible long before that.

18+
>>
>>2691765
No, I'm transferring it to Roman, which WWE is trying to do anyway, and drawing in people who hated Cena and wanted him to drop that pandering B.S. for years now, while also breathing new life in his character which gives people a new reason to watch. Cena turning on the kiddies.

WWE has and will always try to cater to as many different fans as possible. You clearly don't understand that at all. You shouldn't even be in this topic since you know nothing about the business WHATSOEVER. Go back to shoots and ladders or bingo.
>>
File: enditrusev.jpg (2KB, 88x125px) Image search: [Google]
enditrusev.jpg
2KB, 88x125px
>>2692106
>shoots and ladders
/wwe/ smarks in a nutshell ladies and germs
>>
File: untitled.png (499KB, 485x723px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
499KB, 485x723px
they are fine.
TV is just shit and people are getting rid of it. They will move to more online and Netflix style and will do well
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.