[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circus Closes: WWE's future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 140_20100106_02343-Edit.jpg (93KB, 512x410px) Image search: [Google]
140_20100106_02343-Edit.jpg
93KB, 512x410px
Ringling Bros.and Barnum & Bailey circus performed for the final time yesterday. Closing down after almost 150 years of being an American institution.

Over the years ticket sales declined, general interest declined, and it became something passe.. sound familiar?

How long does WWE have left?
>>
>>2680375
what are you talking about?
the future of wrestling is bright.
>>
I mean, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey didn't have 400 million dollar TV deals, so your analogy is a TEENSY bit off.
>>
Come see Roman Reigns vs Jack Swagger in the main event of Wrestlemania 39, LIVE from Stamford High School Gymnasium!
>>
Wrestling started as a sideshow attraction to the circus. It will suffer the same fate
>>
>>2680375
I dont know, dude.

I always think the same, that WWE is going to die, but then I see TNA, and I mean THAT FUCKING COMPANY IS STILL ALIVE DESPISE BEING ABSOLUTELY SHIT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS!

If TNA is still alive, do you think WWE will die? No way, probably Vince will give up and some rich Indian or Chineses will buy it, but die? Never
>>
>>2680401
TNA surviving that Billy Corgan shit is just ridiculous. These companies are cockroaches, they'll outlive us all.
>>
Honestly think the NWA will return to prominence. Don't know if it'll be 10, 15 or 30 years down the line but I can see history repeating itself. NWA is big, a territory breaks out becomes big, etc.
>>
>>2680407
What Billy Corgan shit?
>>
>>2680398
FREE PARKING!
>>
If things get bad WWE will just go back to PG-13
>>
>>2680478
Things got bad when WWE WAS PG-13, it's why they went PG

Edge's cringey Lita angle and Snitsky punting a doll are what made me stop watching wrestling. They obviously ran out of edgy things to do in the ring that were relatively "tasteful."
>>
>>2680401
Except TNA is far more enjoyable as a pure fan. It's two hours a week of wrasslin with good stories and that's all, whereas with WWE you sit through ten hours of shit and derive enjoyment from bitching online about it.
>>
>>2680422
Yeah? And then that territory dumps the NWA. Look at WCW, ECW and TNA. NWA will never be big again. It's too loose of an alliance of promotions.
>>
>>2680375
>How long does WWE have left?

They make $750,000,000 a year.
>>
>>2680375
>Ringlingnettys

Never drew a dime according to Cirque du Solie
>>
>>2680375
The big part was that it is now illegal to use animals in circuses.
>>
>>2680530
/thread
>>
This is the longest drought that there's been in establishing a SUPERSTAR in WWE. The last one is Cena, and he may be the very last Superstar they ever create because of their new policy of "nobody is allowed to become bigger than THE E!" The problem with that is without Superstars you can't draw.
>>
>>2680375
The problem about it is it's not Circus Celay.
>>
They're also not killing any animals for fun, so there's that. The public doesnt think wrestlers get hurt, so there is no outcry for it to shutdown.
>>
>>2680375
PETA killed the circus. PTC had their chance during the attitude era but couldn't do it. WrestleMania may not be in large stadiums in the future, but it will survive.
>>
>>2680500

>Except TNA is far more enjoyable as a pure fan

- Every TNA fan since the beginning of TNA regardless of how objectively shit TNA was at the time
>>
>>2680375
What will the Stamford Wives do when their little kid's company dies?
Mass suicide?
>>
>>2680614
The irony in this statement
>>
>>2680375
We'll see tomorrow when Smackdown's ratings are released.

Shane has a lot of experience marketing in the eastern hemisphere and he put a lot of chips on Jinder. Vince would never trust Steph with such a big gamble.
>>
>>2680494
have you watched a single episode of 99 raw
>>
the circus doesn't really move with the times unlike wwe with it's current nu male manlet era and fingers on the cultural pulse
>>
>>2680375
The circus legit died only because of animal rights activists
>>
>>2680375
A lot of Indy wrestlers just came onto the market
>>
>>2680614
Being shit doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. TNA got me back into wrestling after I ditched it after the attitude era. Want to know why? It's such a cluster fuck I can't look away.

>Awesome kong vs Barbie gook
WTF is a gook woman dressed as a cunty baby doing fighting a huge fat black woman? WTF kind of booking is this?

>Broken hardies
This is so fucking bad it's gloriously fun

The wrestling was whatever, I didn't give a shit but I fucking loved the intros because I never know what dumb shit would be walking down the ramp next. TNA is a B movie wrestling company and it works in that role
>>
>>2680514
Is that in revenues or net income?
>>
>>2681899
Hilariously bad is definitely better than boring. That's why, even in its worst times, TNA has been better than WWE for a while now.
>>
>>2681630
this
>>
>>2680375
fuck ringling and barnum
they helped bring torture to Lions and Elephants.
>>
>>2680538
>The big part was that it is now illegal to use animals in circuses.

That's bullshit. I think it may imply only to huge circuses like Barnum & Bailey because in my old hometown, which is now dominated by mexicans, have had mexican circuses / carnivals & just had one last year with elephants, lions & shit. Oh, and it was held in an old parking lot from a closed down K-mart store.

I guess only mexicans can have animals in circuses now.
>>
File: vince3.jpg (13KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
vince3.jpg
13KB, 160x180px
As long as sports and entertianment exist, so will sports entertainment.
>>
>>2680375
Fake news. They shut down because their reputation tanked after people realized the animals were being abused. That's a different scenario.

Benoit's tragic death proved that fans don't give a shit about how humans are treated in the circus.
>>
File: merchofdimes.jpg (13KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
merchofdimes.jpg
13KB, 188x268px
>>2680530
>drawing literal dimes in an era when dimes had value
>>
>>2680630
They'll be shittier than raw's, since an NBA game of actual importance was on at that time.
>>
no memeing, how many dimes do circuses draw these days?
>>
>>2681630

The entire "muh elephants" only accelerated the death of ringling. Ticket sales were massively down every decade. It's considered a passe, boring show now. Kids just aren't interested in that shit, just like they aren't interested in wrassling or eating cracker jacks or black licorice anymore.

Nobody is saying WWE is at ringling levels yet but the amount of viewers and mainstream attention they've lost over the past 20 years is staggering. In 10 years things will likely be even more dire if they continue on this path.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.