[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shinsuke Nakamura used to have great matches on the regular.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: DAY_8gXVwAAGebO.0.jpg (126KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
DAY_8gXVwAAGebO.0.jpg
126KB, 1310x873px
Shinsuke Nakamura used to have great matches on the regular. He hasn't had a good match since fucking Zayn almost two years ago. What the fuck happened?
>>
New Japan
>Light schedule that saves you up for the big matches
>Great booking
>Great crowds

WWE
>Intense schedule where you travel all over the world and exert yourself for house shows
>Shit booking
>Shit crowds

When will you fags learn? This is what awaits Omega a year from now. They can't even book AJ fucking Styles right.
>>
>>2676865
He signed with WWE

/thread

That Nakamura from NJPW is long gone
>>
File: laugh.jpg (127KB, 850x780px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
127KB, 850x780px
>Ziggler has offense for 15 minutes
>Nakamura strikes like a cheap rip off of himself
Sasuga WWE
>>
>>2676865
>Shinsuke Nakamura used to have great matches on the regular. He hasn't had a good match since fucking Zayn almost two years ago.
>almost two years ago.
>>
I hate how they have Ziggler in 20 minute epics. They're always stinkers. Should have just squashed him.
>>
File: durr.jpg (15KB, 342x345px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
15KB, 342x345px
>The Artist Known As Shinsuke Nakamura
>That fucking painting
>Those fucking promos
>Dude go sperg out a lot and make your wacky movements but from now on you wrestle like a bitch
>>
>>2676865
he had one good match a year in njpw. hes always been like this. hes randy orton
>>
>>2676878
This match shouldn't be competitive at all and it should be Nakamura completely destroying Ziggler for the whole match, then Ziggler getting a random zigzag and a kickout at two, some reversal sequence and Nakamura going over clean. It was also too long.
>>
>>2676872
>>2676873
/thread
>>
>>2676892
When will people stop spouting this stupid fucking meme? Yes, he coasted a lot, but he had great matches every time it was a big event. He was great at every G1 and WrestleKingdom he was.
>>
To be fair, I think the second half of the match was pretty good and I think Dolph Ziggler worked his ass off to make that work. The problem is that absolutely no one can take Ziggler seriously. That has been a big hurdle for him for a long time now.
>>
>>2676865
The match where he lost the title to Roode was pretty good.
>>
>>2676878
They wanted to recreate the Sami match so it had to be a close one. Problem was it wasn't back and forth enough. It all nak for five minutes. Then ziggy spamming all his "finishers" like he does in 89% of his matches for thirteen minutes. then Nak winning. It was almost like a throw away john cena match. Rather then being competitive it felt like they were taking turns demonstrating their move set.
>>
>>2676865
Not Nakamura's biggest fan but what the fuck is thing with "good matches" being most important thing? stop fucking listening to Meltzer you stupid cunt sheep.

It's about character, promos & storyline...at least it should be. Good match just icing on cake.
>>
>The Artist
>>
>>2676940
The booking leading up to the match was even worse in that case.
>>
>>2676865
>WWE Style
>>
>>2676940
The quality of a match is the backbone of wrestling. That quality depends on a lot of factors, including the story of a match, and, as you said, character, promos and storylines. Nakamura v Ziggler was bad under all of those conditions too.
>>
>>2676873
Sadly this
>>
>>2676940
fucking CRINGE. If you would care for any of those things you wouldn't watch wrestling in the first place.
>>
>>2676904
Maybe he will be good every mania and summer slam.
>>
>>2676940
The two months of promos were garbage too, let's have this Japanese guy try to speak English then have Ziggler attack him, rinse and repeat. Then they went weeks without him appearing and just showing shitty video packages. Then the icing on the cake is a typical generic 50/50 match that doesn't put over the guy you built up for two months.

And if you don't actually care about what goes on in the ring just go watch actual TV instead of WWE's watered down storylines.
>>
>>2676919
If they wanted to replicate Nakamura vs. Sami so much, why not put him against Sami again? Build it around Sami wanting a rematch or some shit.
>>
>>2676996
I watched wrestling when it had 3x the audience it has now is the States. You know fuck all about this industry if you think the match is important. The dimes drawn before the match.
>>
>>2676865
>thinking WWE wasn't going to water down Nakameme

this is why most indie darlings stay away and if they do join its literally just for $.
>>
>>2677016
This is such a retarded mentality for a wrestling fan to have. Yes, if you're running the business or working in it, what matters is the dimes you draw.

If you're watching it, what matters is how much you enjoy it. Stop cucking yourself.
>>
>>2677016
>muh glory days
Get over it, faggot. Wrestling was a passing fad.
>>
File: DAY8JLuWAAE_u_7.jpg (49KB, 951x529px) Image search: [Google]
DAY8JLuWAAE_u_7.jpg
49KB, 951x529px
He's still gonna be a world champ within the year. Vince paid the big bucks for it. Shame he sucks now.
>>
Nakamura does nothing but punch kick and knee most overrated wrestler of all time.
Is his gimmick a spasm Kickboxer?
>>
>>2677025
The glory days are coming back slowly

> Jinder the champ
> Reigns the guy
> Strowman getting over

deal with it
>>
>>2677027
Adolph had a ultimate burial last night.

his gimmick was beating up the Mexicans but i don't know what they're going to do now since they shipped them to Raw
>>
>>2677035
>Nakamura does nothing but punch kick and knee most overrated wrestler of all time.
Yeah, and it's great when he's booked right.
>Is his gimmick a spasm Kickboxer?
Yeah, although he's now playing the spasm shit way more.
>>
>>2677025
Before WWE started going national in 1984 and wiped out all the territories, there were far more wrestling fans than there are now. Far more wrestling fans than there were during the peak of the.Monday.Night Wars. There were 30-40 shows every weeknight, more than that on weekends, many of them well-attended. Every territory had its own TV show, and most were well-watched.

A CLUE. GET IT. FAGGOT.
>>
>>2677037
>Record low ratings
>>
He realized he could just phone it in on a regular basis and still get paid WWE money
>>
They had him booked in a "face gets beaten down then recovers at the end" in ring story

They gave someone they've been hyping up for weeks a generic face match.

"The ARTIST known as" Shinsuke Nakamura in a fucking UNDERDOG match. The STATE of wwe
>>
>>2677052
That was Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose actually.
>>
>>2676909
>absolutely no one can take Ziggler seriously
Why not?
>>
>>2677089
Because he was treated like a joke for too long. The only guy that was treated as a bigger joke than him was Bray Wyatt.
>>
The crowd was still pretty hot for him.
>>
>>2676865
>april 2016
>almost two years ago
hmm
>>
>>2677244
Damn, has it really only been slightly over a year? That surprises me. Feels like it's been a millenium since Nakamura arrived at WWE.
>>
>making the King of Fucking Strong Style wrestle as an underdog
What the fuck is this? It's like making Brock have a 50/50 match against anybody. Fucking stupid booking.
>>
File: the violin is over.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
the violin is over.gif
2MB, 400x225px
He only performs well when the violin is there.
>>
>>2677257
They were trying to go for the epic match feel. They failed.
>>
>>2677247
probably feels like that because he's spent an entire year wrestling pointless nxmeme matches
>>
All his matches have bored me since Zayn. Considering Ziggler has been putting more effort in since the brand split and I could tell he was alright tonight, gonna pin this shitfest on Nakamura. Shame.
>>
>>2677260
It wasn't even 50/50, Ziggler had more offense than Nak
>>
>>2676872
>shit crowds
Maybe if the show didn't suck so badly the crowds wouldn't be low energy. As for New Japan, the strong style is not only retarded but laughable. Guys are getting hurt, yet it's still not in the same league as WWE despite being "so much better"
>>
>>2677276
But it is so much better. And WWE has more injuries than New Japan does.
>>
The guy is old. Plus, it's WWE where "good matches" are few and far between. Characters, entrances and angles are what WWE's main focal points. The buyfags could give a fuck about "match quality"
>>
>>2677039
The Miz gave him the ultimate burial with The Success of a Failure. Come on, it's impossible to recover from that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1h2KioiAus
>>
>>2677285
This actually made me laugh. Ziggles will never be taken seriously ever again.
>>
>>2676919
You could kinda hear the crowd boo a little bit after that 3rd kick out of a finisher or what ever it was. They knew they were witnessing the birth of Jap Cena.
>>
>>2677297
You're delusional
>>
>>2677297
I heard that too. Nakamura is already flopping.
>>
>>2677312
Thanks, Vince.
>>
>>2677297
Yep I heard it too. He hasn't earned the right to kick out of that many finishers and one sided offense yet.
>>
>>2677297
>>2677312
>>2677318
You people are full of shit. Who the fuck even knows Ziggler's finisher?
>>
>>2677297
I didn't think it was possible but Vince's awful 50/50 booking can really ruin anyone.
>>
>>2677324
Watch the match then. He put on a halfassed performance and buried ziggler even further by kicking out of so many finishers. The crowd had every right to boo him.
>>
>>2677332
Why didn't they?
>>
>>2677324
It was relatively faint but I still heard it with headphones on. Right before he made the sequential rebound and won.
>>
Ziggler carried this chink the whole match

Nakameme will flop as expected.
>>
nakamura has deciphered that the company doesn't give a shit about good matches so he sees no reason to take risks
>>
>>2677329
It's more how on-the-nose and blatant WWE is about everything. There is no subtlety at all and fans tend to boo when they see things coming from 20 miles away.
>>
>>2676872
sad to say but this is the only answer

>>2676892
>>2677276
>I have never seen a Nak in NJPW match
>>
Finally watched the match and yeah it's shit. The Chinese guy was made to look like a Saturday morning jobber until the finish aside from the 'epic' kickouts.
>>
>>2677283
>>2677349
Wouldn't be surprised that jap wrestlers see WWE as WWE superstars see TNA, as an easy paycheck for phoning it either because they're broke or at this point they don't have anything to proof anymore so they can relax and live from their fame.
>>
>>2677451
That's most likely the way Nakamura sees it but he's the first one to think like that in a long time. WWE has never hired main event level New Japan talent before.
>>
Dude hasn't had a miss on Takeover yet, I don't care what people say.
>>
>>2677297
>>2677318
Ziggler has one finisher, you dolts. He hasn't gotten a pin with the Zig-Zag in months, he only gets pins with the Superkick.
>>
>>2676891
>tfw they stole Luke Harper's antique lightbulb for the Shinsuke promo
>>
>>2676940
I do agree that people shouldnt give wrestling nobodies like Meltzer who never worked in the industry the authority they have but matches are there to finish what the storyline started.
>>
>>2676865
Vince is a retard who still believes in cooling things to make other things hotter.

He wants RAW to gain some momentum by making Smackdown worse, so they put the belt on Jinder, give KO a cringe promo to try and sell, keep the belts on the Uggos, and make Nakamura tone it down.

The writing on the wall couldn't be more OBVIOUS.
>>
This is why the company is dying.
>>
File: 1491960647995.jpg (153KB, 362x584px) Image search: [Google]
1491960647995.jpg
153KB, 362x584px
>>2677297
>implying people kicking out of Dolph's shit isn't part of Dolph's gimmick

It happens every PPV match. The thing with Dolph is everytime he gets a new Finisher he makes the old one into a signature move. The list has gotten out of control. Every big match sees his opponent kicking out of satellite DDT, Fame-asser, that elbow drop, the zig zag, and escaping the sleeper hold. Several years from now Dolph's final match will be some young kicking out of all 237 of Dolph's past finished before completely no selling his finisher of that time period.
>>
WWE has banned the strong style and his booking is awful.
>>
>>2677050
Yeah, and now it's over you stupid fucking cunt.
>>
File: 7f01_028.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7f01_028.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>2678299
>Hire the self-proclaimed King of Strong Style
>Ban the strong style
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.