[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without memeing, what is your honest opinion on this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-Vince_McMahon_2.jpg (13KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Vince_McMahon_2.jpg
13KB, 220x331px
Without memeing, what is your honest opinion on this man?
>>
>>2675457
worst thing that ever happened to wrestling
>>
In one word, interesting.

He's done despicable thing and is not a very good human being in general, but he's very ambitious and the things that drive him make him a complex person.
>>
>>2675457
For what it's worth, he doesn't cave in easily to what the general audience wants which could be a good or bad thing depending on who you ask.
>>
>>2675457
He's a very quirky guy, to put it simply.
>>
Exposed without Patterson and Prichard around anymore. Just winging it creatively at this point and more focused on making the company as valuable on paper before selling the fed within the next 3-5 years.

Also, based
>>
Genius
>>
>>2675457
best thing that ever happened to wrestling
>>
I have many thoughts. For one, wrestling as entertainment in America without him would have died in the Vietnam War era. The fact is his company seriously reinvented the formula in many ways.

On the other hand, he was and still is an incredibly selfish, vendetta-filled man. He took the creation of WCW and its tactics super personally, despite the irony that he did many of the same things in having the WWF drive out the oldschool promoters. Anyone that left for WCW he treated as a personal betrayal, which showed in shit like the screwjob. At some level you can understand his stubborn nature, since apparently he got it from his stepdads beating him for protecting him mother. But he was a complete prick regardless.

Still, the man got where he did from taking big gambles. There was tons of shit he did where he put literally everything up for mortgage to pay for a chance at success (according to Linda, they mortgaged everything but the kids, and maybe then even Shane too, on the hopes that Wrestlemania 1 would succeed). His success came because he knew how to promote and he didn't give up.
>>
Anyone who thinks wrestling would actually be big today if the territories existed is stupid. Would be even worse.
>>
>>2675457
He's a hypocrite.
He made it his mission to put every promotion but his out of buisiness, and then tried to cry foul when WCW tried to do the same with him.
>>
>>2675575
>maybe even shane too
MY SIDES
>>
>>2675651
It was from this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEA0KChmrpI&t=2116s

>We mortaged everything but the kids on that
>Well not Stephanie, but maybe Shane
>>
>>2675457
love his TV character but hate his Backstage Management
>>
>>2675457
It is like he is playing monopoly.
When he started he was serious and expanded aggressively taking the right risks.
Now he has all the stations and has 23 hotels and doesn't care you will be paying him rent every turn.
>>
>>2675675

That's remarkably accurate
>>
Linda's stayed married to him for 51 years so there must be something about him we don't see.
>>
>>2675596
>he thinks wrestling is big now
>>
>>2675695
bwc?
>>
>>2675698

I meant on the inside, but maybe.
>>
>>2675695
$$$
>>
>>2675707
Correct, but not for the reason of greed. The reality is most divorces are caused by financial issues in the family, and since the rich don't have that problem their divorce rate is much lower.
>>
>>2675457
The Founder of Professional Wrestling as we know it.
>>
I don't think I've ever cried at news of a celebrity death. Not my childhood idols like Michael Jackson or Warrior; not my first love like Carrie Fisher; not for people who shaped my tastes like Chris Cornell.

But by God, on the day this glorious bastard dies, I will cry an amount unfitting for a grown man.
>>
File: 1495427347163.png (199KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495427347163.png
199KB, 800x800px
>>
>>2675457
I'm conflicted on Vinny Mac. He's an asshole that drove his competition out of business. But on the flip side he helped make wrestling popular in the mainstream. So yeah. I don't hate Vince McMahon but I'm not in love with his ass either.
>>
>>2675844
what a shit meme
kys yourself
>>
He looks really good for a man that's 71.
>>
>>2676129
plastic surgery will do that for you
>>
>>2675873
>But on the flip side he helped make wrestling popular in the mainstream.
He's a promoter.
That's like saying Don King made Mike Tyson or Boxing popular.

Hogan, Rocky, and Mr. T made wrestling mainstream. Vince just put it altogether and milked it dry.
>>
>>2676156
Without a Wrestlemania to feature them, Hogan won't draw as much as he did.
>>
>>2675575
He gambled on the WWE Network and it paid off too.

He may not be a genius outside of pro-wrestling, but he is a genius inside of it.
>>
>>2676172
Hogan was a draw before wwf
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.