[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1493467216128.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493467216128.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
How do i start learning it? Do i need professional lessons or can i watch youtube clips and practice my swing on my own on a driving range? I really want to get involved and learn more about it but have no idea how to start.
>>
Practice practice practice.

You can watch a few videos but if you really want to improve your swing you're going to need some hands on coaching or record your swings to compare.
>>
File: 1495065540330.gif (506KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495065540330.gif
506KB, 200x150px
>golf
>>
>>2666518
> Go to pawn shop or charity shop
> Get some cheap clubs
> Go down to driving range
> Smack the shit out of the balls until you get the hang of it
>>
>>2666518
I think golf counts as a real sport, not asp.

You definitely want some lessons to start by a teacher who can watch you swinging and correct you immediately.

It's not cheap though so why even try really.
>>
File: Dirty Dan.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Dan.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
>>2666518
Practice, find some cheap clubs, go to a public course, avoid the roughs, and learn your own strength. It's a soothing past time plus it's a good place to find a nice playing job.
>>2666760
It is a sport. I think there's threads of it in /sp/.
>>
Watch out for chain chomps.
>>
Golf is a real sport, OP. Get in /sp/ before you catch our /pol/ level autism.
>>
>>2669103
We're at /v/ level not /pol/.
>>
>>2666760
We live in a World where Golf is a real Sport and Parkour goes on asp.
>>
>>2666760
>>2668964
>>2669103
>golf is a real sport
el o el
>>
>>2669657
Parkour is for fags though
>>
>>2668964
>it's a good place to find a nice playing job
I'm assuming you mean "nice paying job" and no it really isn't unless you are the superintendent. If you're just like a grounds crew guy you'll get under $10/hr pretty much anywhere to start. And depending where you live you'll probably be laid off sometime in the fall. It's often tiring as fuck too. You can usually play for free at the course you work at though.

Source: I've worked at several golf courses and actually just did setup on 18 holes this morning
>>
Golf is great. If you don't hit the links, you're a pleb.
>>
>>2666518
hitting the ball from the tee to the green is the easy part.

the hard part is from the green to the hole.
>>
>>2666518
Go to a driving range a few times with someone who has played before. Dont be afraid to take criticism or to make an ass of yourself. You will chunk the ball or hack it into a tree.
>>
Golf is for old people
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.