[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/ Predicts... NXT TakeOver: Chicago & Backlash 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: ASP Predicts....jpg (51KB, 327x375px) Image search: [Google]
ASP Predicts....jpg
51KB, 327x375px
> What is /asp/ Predicts...?
This is a thread where we all vote and see if we can correctly predict the results of the current PPV.
> What are the rules?
Just simply follow the link to do the survey and that's it. If a match ends in DQ or no contest however, that is scratched from the total for the interest of fairness.
> How's this gonna work?
After each match I will post the updated results to see WHO is on their way to being a clean sweeper.
> NXT TakeOver: Chicago link: http://derpy.me/gaemU
> Backlash 2017 link: http://derpy.me/IXjyY
Please offer a courtesy bump after voting, good luck!
>>
Haven't paid attention to Nxt. Just voted with my gut, hopefully ill get a clean sweep.
>>
*bump
>>
>>2664538
All the matches SEEM predictable but hopefully they'll surprise us
>>
>it's a 2cold-autismo thread
>>
File: isthisgaijinserious.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
isthisgaijinserious.gif
2MB, 410x230px
Based Asuka will continue making smarks seethe
>>
Steve is still here?
>>
Bump for you.
Easily the best thing on here, waiting for my 3rd sweep
>>
Itami and Roode will make a 5 star match with Cole debuting after it
>>
Bump for Dunne beating Baby Tyler
>>
>>2664538
bump
>>
>>2664711
He only comes here to do his prediction threat. He stopped being a regular when the original Carter left which means he was one of his trips
>>
File: CvZWisQUMAAVaok.jpg (40KB, 533x539px) Image search: [Google]
CvZWisQUMAAVaok.jpg
40KB, 533x539px
free bump for my boi steveo
>>
>>2664538
Holy shit, there's a Takeover this weekend too? Didn't even realise, there's usually more time between them.
>>
>>2664538
>NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY (Ladder Match)
Is this still happening? Didn't Roberto Chomper get injured?
>>
File: hideo_has_ass_for_da.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
hideo_has_ass_for_da.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
Bump for bum
>>
>>2664941
holy fucking yum
>>
have a bump m8

>Smackdown is crap now
>Raw is still crap

the state of the wwe, why did they ruin smackdown lads
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfIbqx9Sq0E
>>
Backlash bump
>>
>>2664563
What? Smarks have deluded themselves into loving her, not knowing they will turn on her the moment she drops the title or when the other Jap girls come in.
>>
>>2664538
Lesser men are known to drop to their knees and weep in the face of absolute trooth. Only those so grand that they might walk shoulder to shoulder with a God are capable of staring straight into my light. If you fear for yourself, take no pause in looking away. But you you must accept the glorious shame that comes shackled to the ankle of ignorance.

Takeover
>Asuka vs Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross
Ruby proved at the last ppv that she is not afraid of taking a bump. For most of the match she will be overpowered and booked as the rookie. The match will lean heavily on Nikki vs Asuka, which is the real draw here. Time and time again Ruby will drag herself back into the ring to break up pins. It will be implied at one point the match that Nikki might have pinned Asuka if not for Ruby. For the ending, a tired and pissed off Asuka will have her submission locked onto Cross. Ruby will break up the hold, Asuka will rage out. Asuka will hurl Cross out of the ring before purposefully kicking Ruby with enough force to injureSanity or at least bust her open. Asuka will pin Ruby.
>Roderick Strong vs Eric Young
Young is enjoying some fairly protective booking, meanwhile Strong doesn't seem to be catching on as much as NXT would hope. So I think Young is going to win via shenanigans and this feud will continue going forward. I expect them to recreate the Dillinger feud we just saw, with Strong finally going over in a cage match at the Takeover before Summerslam.
>>
>>2665146
>Authors of Pain vs #DIY
This can go either way based on who is Johnny's partner tonight.
What I don't predict will happen, but believe is very likely, is that Scott Dawson will be his partner. This means AoP would win.
What I am predicting will happen is that Kassius Ohno will be his partner. If that happens, DIY will win. Ohno's larger size works to counter the AoP's gimmick, and Johnny will be the quickest on that ladder keeping AoP on defense. In the end, Ohno will be the to grab the belts. This kicks off a storyline where Ohno refuses to give up his belt to Ciampa. Either we'll see Ciampa vs Ohno for 1/2 the tag belts, or they'll go freebird rules and feud with Sanity sometime later on. AoP will go to the main roster before DIY do.
>Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne
Dead crowd. Dunne deserves the belt more but he won't get it. I don't believe this belt will change hands outside of the UK.
>Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami
Bobby wins. This is gonna be a long one, folks. I'm thinking close to an hour with an Iron Man rematch later on. The feud definitely doesn't end here.
>>
>>2665148
Pre-Show
>10 vs Aiden English
I fucking hope Tye can beat Aiden English.
>Lou Carper vs Erick Rowan
Quick pre-show match with Harper getting his win back.
Backlash
>Baron Corbin vs Sami Zayn
It's gonna be a "Sami gets ragdolled for 10 minutes before hitting a Heluva Kick" episode. Since this will be Sami's biggest victory since pinning Rollins, I'm hoping we get to see that awesome through-the-ropes tornado DDT.
>NBC vs The Welcoming Committee
I think we'll see a lot of Charlotte vs Natty. The match will break down with both teams fighting amongst themselves. For the ending, I think Charlotte will refuse to tag in and Carmella will pin Naomi. Carmella and Charlotte will have a match on Smackdown which Carmella will win thanks to Ellsworth to become #1 contender.
>Paranoia . . . no it's the Usos vs Ho Yay Cops
Breezango has finally gotten some decent screentime and the results have been phenomenal. Crowds have been responding, and they even paid attention during Ascension/Shining Stars matches. Uso will look strong but miss a dive shifting momentum in the law's favor. Then Breezango, also being heels, will not be above some shady tricks to pull off a victory. Ideally, Tyler will handcuff one of the Usos to the ropes with pink fuzzy cuffs.
>>
>>2665153
>Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Potentially the best match of Dolph's career. This is a man on his way down the WWE card who knows that a good performance here can be career-saving. Main roster crowds are hungry to see Nakamura wrestle, so expect this to be their loudest moment all night. Nakamura wins.
>KO vs AJ
MOTY, unless they fight again of course. Creative. Fast-paced. Hard-hitting. Owens is going to win this 100% clean by the way.
>Orton vs Jinder
Blandy Boreton wrestles another passable match, thanks mostly to a very excited Jinder Mahal doing his best to both justify and keep his position on the card. The main event, unfortunately, will end in a DQ. Expect Bollywood Boys to catch a coule RKOs. Jinder will use weapons to stand tall at the end. The feud will continue for at least one more ppv. They know Randy can't have smark darling technical matches, so he and Jinder will push the bar for brutality in modern WWE.
>>
>>2665055
NXMeme neckbeards turned on her already
>>
File: 4mO7y4S_d.jpg (90KB, 640x857px) Image search: [Google]
4mO7y4S_d.jpg
90KB, 640x857px
bum for bait
>>
>>2664538
>Strong v Young
WINNER: Roderick Strong
It’s the ROH vs. TNA “dream” match that NO ONE ever wanted to see! Brought to you by WWE’s developmental Performance Center no less! Nah, we don’t want La Sombra vs. Chris Hero, what a shitty PPV match that would be. Or could you imagine a Oney Lorcan vs. Drew Galloway re-match, ugh, what a waste of time. And I think Aleister Black’s awesome debut at the last Takeover is really gonna be out done this time by the surprise appearances by NXT’s latest acquisitions: Shark Boy and Bobby Dempsey! As for this match, hmm… kind of reminds me of that Dean Malenko / Scotty 2 Hotty Backlash 20000 match, only without the threat of a wicked top rope Jake Roberts-style DDT finish. And the winner? Well it’s really vignettes vs. faction, and in pro-wrestling logic you’ve gotta go with vignettes every time!
>UK Title Match
WINNER: Tyler Bate
The WWE UK Championship is my favourite mystery in pro-wrestling right now. They made a title belt exclusive to a geographic territory but don’t have a roster or regularly scheduled program for that market. OK. But, the UK Championship apparently CAN be defended on foreign soil like this upcoming match in Chicago. OK. But every time they do one of these matches the competitors have to be UK citizens. So, like, Finn Balor couldn’t win the UK title then, right? But what if you have a work visa for the UK? What if it’s just a working holiday visa? What if you live in a Commonwealth country and your paternal grandparents were born in the UK, like their rule for dual-citizenship application? What if you’re just really good at doing a British accent? What if you prefer the original British version of The Office to the US one? What about Jack Gallagher, he can work in the 14.6 st and under “division” and also compete for the UK Championship it seems?
>>
>>2665212
>NXT Womens Match
WINNER: Asuka
Is Asuka still a thing? I mean, are we still supposed to be fooled into thinking she’s really good, or is it cool to jump off that bandwagon now? With the news that WWE is bringing in two of Stardom’s top wrestlers you gotta wonder if they take the NXT Women’s title off Asuka soon, because it’s not like they’re all gonna be feuding against each other, WWE isn’t that fun. Of course they’ll all be in a big Japanese faction of some kind. The problem is though, they made you think Asuka is so great for like a year now and she’s gonna be the weakest of the three. On the other hand, Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross… who are they again?
>NXT Tag Titles
WINNER: Authors of Pain
Can we just get a Ladder Match Title at this point, damn! Like, does every show need to have a ladder match on it? What is this, 2010? Or do I mean, 2000? The Ladder Match plague is never ending it seems! Just give me every match as a ladder match, or stop doing them altogether. What are the chances of that, right? I guess I’m the crazy one because I’d rather see solid wrestling derived from unique stories. Instead we’ll just keep getting these random ladder matches that confuse my already thin suspension of disbelief on the whole concept anyways. C’mon, we know those like tin foil ladders don’t hurt these massive dudes, so using it as a weapon is kind of dopey. And then if they jump or fall off one in a way that I haven’t already seen in the past 20+ years it might look really dangerous, which in 2017 is now taboo to enjoy about pro-wrestling: the legit appearance of danger. So I gotta watch these non-stop, oxymoronic “safe” ladder matches, with the thinnest of logic behind why they even need to have the titles suspended above the ring in the first place. But just imagine the epic chants a cool NXT crowd can come up with from all the death-defying action we’re gonna see.
>>
>>2665214
>NXT Title match
WINNER: Bobby Roode
NXT has a serious opportunity to de-TNA-ify itself here by making Itami champion. But, oh, KENTA, whatever you and Marufjui did back in the day to bulk up so quickly, which also miraculously coincided with a string of muscle tears and blown joints, sure seems to be biting you in the ass now (no pun intended). If only you’d come up a few years later in the LeBron James world of magical health, then we wouldn’t have to worry about one of the legit greatest wrestlers of all time basically risking career-ending injuries every time he gets in the ring. So, no, sadly I don’t see Hideo Itami walking out with the NXT belt here, and I’m afraid that the TNA-era of NXT is about to transition into something even worse. I can’t be the only one who fears that we’re on the brink of Jimmy Jacobs and Steve Corino orchestrating a behind-the-scenes push to bring in Michael Bennett, Adam Cole and Kyle O’Riley to join Roderick Strong in a generic boots-and-tights re-imagining of the horrible SCUM-era of ROH? Ugh, remember when NXT used to be great? I blame the Full Sail fans for what’s happened here. I don’t even know why, but we should always remember to talk shit about those idiots any chance we get. Here’s a new sing-song chant for you, to the tune of Drake’s Hotline Bling: “NXT-Champ-Bobby-Roode / ’cause-you-morons-never-boo-ed”. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>2665148
>Chris Hero as the surprise partner

My Dicc
>>
Bump for justice.
>>
>>2664780
Match of the year incoming?
>>
>>2665230
Apparently Tomato Chomper is fit to wrestle so don't get your popes up
>>
>Strong wins

Face wins, this doesn't damage Young either as he's part of a stable/team.

>Dunne wins

Dunne goes over, they need a strong face in the cruiserweights to be on the level of Neville, Dunne holds the title for a while afterwards to build up his heel character that I found so interesting at the UK championships.

>AOP Win

Loving their heel run so far, I don't think this is the right time for the faces to get their win, needs more build.

>Asuka wins

Waiting for Moon to return, SJWWE need to meet their nigger champ quota.

>Itami wins

Itami has been pushed so quickly since his return, would be odd to see him fall flat on his face.

Hopefully an end to this Roode's reign.

Literally "GLORIOUS" and hype intro and then a slow, boring match with a not too impressive guy.
>>
>>2665616
I reckon Strong will lose through Shenanigans. He'll have Young beat, but the ref will be dragged out or something.
>>
TAKPVER PCIKS

ERICK YOUNG
#DIHY
RUCKY ROUT
PET DUNE
BOBYB RODE
>>
>>2665214
>he bought into the hojo is good meme
>>
>>2664538
Bump

First time playing
>>
>>2664941
Jap got back
>>
>>2665216
This is so autistic that I hope it is pasta
>>
del bumpo
>>
>>2666081
It's copied from 411Mania
>>
Evening all.
>>
bamp
>>
Boomp.
>>
File: 6ed1e4183.png (154KB, 336x286px) Image search: [Google]
6ed1e4183.png
154KB, 336x286px
>2cold AutismO always uses The Simpson's reaction pics
>a word gets filtered to Flanders talk
Hmmm really makes ya think. Should've knew this sperg was the mod
>>
Starts in 2 bongs, right?
>>
>>2666826
Yes sir.
>>
>Takes off trip
>Bumps his own thread for the 40th time
>Put back on trip
>Replies to self
>>
File: tommyripples.jpg (22KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
tommyripples.jpg
22KB, 600x338px
>>2666858
>a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do.
>>
>>2666819
That ding-dong diddly keep you up all night, Deanetty?
>>
>>2666944
Does living paycheck to paycheck working at a gas station keep ya up pinhead?
>>
Show begins in less than hour, get your NXT predictions in now.
>>
>>2666958
I usually work midnights, so . . . yes??? I guess so??????
>>
>>2667000
SAD!
>>
>>2667000
State of your life.
>>
>>2667009
The kid has a job whilst your probably posting that from your parent's PC living off of them or government hand outs.
>>
File: 1488760080308-FastLane.jpg (241KB, 1080x1619px) Image search: [Google]
1488760080308-FastLane.jpg
241KB, 1080x1619px
how red will Rene be tonight?
>>
>>2667039
I wish. At the very least my job is better than doing night shift in a gas station.
>>
>>2667008
>>2667009
I'm pretty happy with it, otherwise I wouldn't openly talk about it and share pictures. /asp/ meet-ups when?
>>
>>2667049
We'll meet up and shit in the gas station toilet you clean every night desu
>>
>>2667061
I don't clean the toilets. People keep saying that. Is that something cashiers usually do?

I mopped bathroom floors when I was a dishwasher, but even then I never touched the porcelain.
>>
File: CENAVORTONV9000.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CENAVORTONV9000.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
>>2664538

>Kikenberg hosting pre-show and not Sam Robertson
>>
Final bump from me, closing the polls in 15 bings.
>>
NXT poll is now closed, but remember the Backlash one is still alive under tomorrow.
>>
Jim Ross and Nigel McGuinness is a really good announcing team desu
>>
Post NXT bump. Backlash doesn't even matter now.
>>
You know what happens is WWE reads my 100% accurate predictions and they change the booking so that the ppvs aren't spoiled.
>>
Botchsuka fucking sucks so badly
>>
2Cold can you post the updated stats after last night NXT?
>>
>>2669162
This.
>>
File: kekbin.png (128KB, 250x294px) Image search: [Google]
kekbin.png
128KB, 250x294px
>mfw Jinder wins
>>
>>2669450
I keep thinking there is a small chance.
>>
bakcsass pciks
THE PERGECT TEEN TRYE DILINGER
THE WECOMING CUMTITTY
LOOK HARRPER
SAMI ZUAN
THE FASICT POLINCE BEEZANFO
KAREN OATENS- THE NEWD FACE OF AMERIKCA
SHIGNGIKE NAMOIURA
THE UNHIDENDERD ONE JENDER MAHOL
>>
File: Stats & Leaderboard.png (65KB, 939x677px) Image search: [Google]
Stats & Leaderboard.png
65KB, 939x677px
>>2669162
Here you go bae, some definite changes on the leaderboard.
>>
>>2670459
2faggot confirmed for rigging the stats in his faggy favor desu senpai ding-dong diddly
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>2670586
He's been here for long ass time, I found /asp/ after WM 28 and Steve was here>>2670693
>>
N-n-no one voted for Jinder right?
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 362x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 362x584px
I forgot all about NXT

Fuck it, let's sweep Backslash instead
>>
>>2670904
I did
>>
Okay, get the predictions in now. The polls will close just before the kickoff match.

Keep in mind I won't be posting the results throughout the PPV like I usually do tonight, but I will post the prediction chart if you want to follow along.
>>
Bumping and sorry if mine was too late bruh
>>
just filled in, hope it gets counted
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.