[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This garbage is why pro wrestling is dead.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: flippyshit.webm (535KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
flippyshit.webm
535KB, 576x324px
This garbage is why pro wrestling is dead.
>>
>>2663484

It's the completely superfluous front flip after the springboard that gets me.

Why do that? In kayfabe, this is supposed to be a real fight between two fighters trying to win. How would that flip have accomplished ANYTHING, even in the sort of kayfabe that explains how a Shooting Star Press hurts more than a regular splash because of the rotation?

Don't give me this "kayfabe is dead" shit either, unless you think it'd be perfectly acceptable for Walter White to do a fucking flip before selling some meth.
>>
>>2663484
BASED ZSJ working the anti-smarks

BZSJWTAS
>>
>>2663570
the front flip adds momentum for when he executes the hurricanrana, you moron.
>>
>>2663573
It's Marty Scurll dumbass
>>
>>2663484
That was actually nice, the only thing dead is the crowd in the back
>>
>>2663590
literally who
>>
Yeah because boring ass WWE matches are really keeping things alive

You old timers slay me
>>
>>2663581
If he flipped backwards like a shooting star press then it would add momentum, the front-flip to a back-flip is breaking momentum
>>
File: Screenshot_5.jpg (47KB, 579x446px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.jpg
47KB, 579x446px
>>2663484

that was pretty cool desu senpai
>>
>>2663484
that's Rey Mysterios move who used to do it all the fucking time you E drone babby
>>
>>2663484
>WRESTLING SHOULD BE JUST PUNCHES AND BEARHUGS REEEEE
>>
File: Undertaker kayfabe funeral.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Undertaker kayfabe funeral.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>2663570
>kayfabe is dead
>>
>>2663570
>In kayfabe, this is supposed to be a real fight between two fighters trying to win.
Not to these video game playing weebs.
>>
>>2663570
In kayfabe, he's showboating, just like ppl do irl.
>>
>>2663484
I marked out at this. Based Ospreay.
>>
>>2663484
>implying that wasn't amazing
Don't even @ me. You're fucking cancer.
>>
>>2663581
nice b8 m8
>>
WCW was one of the few that knew exactly what to do with flippy shit. Have it as either the opening match for an exciting start to a show, or as one of the middle matches on the card as a change of pace.

There's nothing wrong with flippy shit in itself. The problems are (a) when you give cruiserweights their own show and (b) when you have them wrestling, and being threats to, the bigger and stronger main-eventers. I like Rey Mysterio but honestly there is no way in hell he should have ever been sold as a threat to guys like Orton and Batista. I don't care how much merch he sold; they could have pushed him and heavily featured him without having him beat the likes of Orton and Batista.

I have no issue with cruiserweights but they cannot have a truly successful regular show on their own; maybe a special at best. 205 Live just doesn't work. They need to be featured on Raw and SD! between the segments with the big boys, because variety always sells.
>>
>>2663597
I want to see that
>>
>>2663594
Another average wrestler that Brits are trying to push as the greatest thing ever simply because he's british
>>
File: wrestling is an Art.webm (2MB, 744x404px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling is an Art.webm
2MB, 744x404px
ITT: Neanderthals
>>
>>2663484
based flippy shit working the obese anti-smarks

btw flippy shit exists since the ECW original
>>
File: 21d.gif (1MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
21d.gif
1MB, 320x181px
>>2663484
>>
>>2664076

That was gay.
>>
>>2663820
Amerifags bitter because even the British Wrestling scene is better than their burgerland shit.
>>
>>2663570
Yeah because punches to the face that don't result in knockouts or bleeding and irish whips are that much more realistic in any fighting context. Wrestling has always been a kung fu movie with some amateur wrestling theatrics thrown in. If it was "realistic" it'd be boring and pointless.
>>
>>2663484
>literally posts the only kind of pro wrestling seeing any growth

drone
>>
>>2664083
It's existed way before then.
>>
File: 1488322220212.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488322220212.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>2664194
*Dabs respectfully in your direction*
>>
>>2664368
The power of the superior white cock.
>>
>>2664295
Why do only corny white people do this shit now
>>
>>2663820
I gotta be honest, I like some of the UK stuff but they really overrate their dudes. Scurll is pretty overrated for one.
>>
>>2664378
>superior
>has the lowest probability of any race of carrying over its color to the child it creates

really made me think
>>
>>2663484
You must of hated the WCW cruiserweights then.
>>
>>2664407
>of
>of
>of
>must of
>of
>>
>>2664407
>implying OP was even born at that time
summer as fuck up in here
>>
>>2664413
Like seasons matter around here when its all NEETers
>>
>>2664407
OP is literally 19 and started watching in 2005, like most of this board.
>>
File: 1492846115495.png (299KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492846115495.png
299KB, 500x375px
>>2663484
Of all the legitimate cringe that happens in Who Japan you post this.
>>
>>2664416
Yeah but that was ya know kinda implied
>>
>>2664076
that last flip makes my asshole pucker
>>
File: pac-generico-pwg1.gif (2MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
pac-generico-pwg1.gif
2MB, 350x262px
>>2663484
Neville did it better tbqh lads
>>
>>2663570
the extra flip is called "showboating"
>>
>>2663708

Okay, is he at least supposed to be a heel, or do these people completely lack the ability to tell a coherent story with characterization and all that jazz?
>>
JUST
>>
>>2664201

I don't want "realism," retard, what I want is some internal sense. If you can come up with an explanation for why you'd do a front flip in that situation that makes sense in the general context of wrestling (wherein the backflip of a Shooting Star Press causes it to rotate ones knees into the victim, making it more effecting) or in the context of the story they're telling with the characters (maybe the guy is deliberately and consistently a showboating dickbag heel and he'll get bit in the ass by this down the road so we can all laugh at what a putz the bad guy is), then it's acceptable.

If you can't, it's basically one of the Michael Bay Transformer movies. Just a bunch of movement and noise signifying nothing.
>>
>>2664076

You know, except for that dippy backwards somersault dodge that Ricochet (I think) did, most of the exchange was at least somewhat credible as two agile guys countering each other's offense in the context of wrestling moves and the like. A beefier, stronger guy might have just resisted the Tilt-a-Whirl Headscissors with brute force, but this dude just did a handspring instead of going dome first into the mat. That's just fine.

But then they did they're faggy fucking Power Rangers pose at each other after having really accomplished nothing.

That spot where, after a double down or something, the face and heel (or both faces) drag themselves up and stare each other down for a minute, each recognizing the other is a total badass, works because SOME SHIT HAD HAPPENED. And then they both survived shit happening in both directions, and realized the other guy was as hard as them, and acknowledged the other guy as a worthy opponent is some corny kung-fu movie kind of way.

That doesn't fucking work if you just lead into it with some flips that visibly accomplished nothing literally 90 seconds into the match. It's not the flips that are the problem, it's the complete lack of thought paid to the act one is trying to put on, the story one is trying to sell, that kills this shit.
>>
>>2665150
>they did they're faggy fucking Power Rangers pose at each other after having really accomplished nothing.
>acknowledged the other guy as a worthy opponent is some corny kung-fu movie kind of way.
>That doesn't fucking work if you just lead into it with some flips that visibly accomplished nothing literally 90 seconds into the match.
You just explained to yourself why it's in fact great psychology. It was "feeling your opponent out". That's why they opened the match in that way. It's no different than Hogan and Piper opening their match with a "test of strength".
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.