[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NXT is killing the business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: NXT_logo.png (27KB, 463x160px) Image search: [Google]
NXT_logo.png
27KB, 463x160px
Prove me wrong
>>
>>2662609
It's definitely killing WWE. They build up these indie manlets in a small, contrarian environment and then wonder why they aren't over on the main roster.
>>
Vince is killing the business singlehandedly, its his business, therefore its his fault.
>>
>>2662609
wrong, the business has been dead since john cancer kid cena. more than 10 years now.
>>
>>2662609
Show your working. Without using buzzwords and memes.
>>
>>2662631
Just look at all of the short, skinny, unintimidating, uncharismatic wrestlers who only know how to do flips who are bred there and are called up only to disappoint tremendously. With very few exceptions.

Instead of Batista, we get Finn Balor.

Instead of John Cena, we get Dean Ambrose

Instead of Randy Orton, we get Seth Rollins
>>
>>2662638
Orton and Batista are garbage compared to Finn and Rollins, so it's obviously not a lack of talent thats killing the business. Its clearly just how the business is represented in general. Its predictable, its "fake", there is no new innovations or interesting ideas being presented. Most people avoid wrestling for these reasons, not because of the talented roster
>>
File: 1351647886820.jpg (18KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
1351647886820.jpg
18KB, 559x556px
>>2662650
>Orton and Batista are garbage compared to Finn and Rollins
>>
File: you fucking what.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking what.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>2662650
Easy there cowboy, Batista was decent for a big guy and Orton when a black moon is up is pretty good.
>>
>>2662609
>WWE still makes more money per year than any wrestling company in history
>somehow NXT is "killing" it
>>
File: hhh_mic_smackdown[1].jpg (248KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hhh_mic_smackdown[1].jpg
248KB, 1600x900px
http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/sec-and-other-documents/financials

>Full Year 2016 Highlights
>Revenue increased 11% to $729.2 million, the highest in the Company’s history, including record levels of revenue from its Network, Television, Live Event, Venue Merchandise, and WWE Shop segments
>>
>>2662685
I'm not saying "WWE is dying!11" but correct me if wrong, isn't that due to the TV deal inked in 2014? They are also touring a lot more with the two different brands and NXT.
>>
>>2662697
The only thing that matters is if they're making money, and right now they're rolling in it.
>>
>>2662685
>WWE Network continued to super-serve its global fans with live, in-ring content by producing new episodes of its cruiserweight series, 205 Live, and holding a U.K. Championship Tournament, featuring local talent

I did feel super served
>>
>>2662697
>If you exclude this major part of the revenue of a company, it's dying!!!!111
>>
>>2662702
Yeah, as of right now, their business model is set up in a way they can do whatever the fuck they want basically. Course 2019, when the USA Network deal comes up, could change that. They get far and away their most revenue from the TV deal.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/wwe-closes-deal-to-keep-raw-smackdown-on-usa-network-syfy-exclusive-1201181154/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2066067-breaking-down-wwes-new-tv-deal-and-its-fallout
>>
>>2662713
>Course 2019, when the USA Network deal comes up, could change that.

Vinnie Mac will cross that bridge when he comes to it.
>>
>>2662638
This isn't showing your work (its actually a meme, in fact).

Who would be the Batista, Cena, and Orton today out of NXT or elsewhere?

Also
>Another guy who doesn't know what charisma means
>>
File: Mlady.jpg (31KB, 305x434px) Image search: [Google]
Mlady.jpg
31KB, 305x434px
>>2662650
>Orton and Batista are garbage compared to Finn and Rollins
>>
>>2662728
>Defending Blandy Boreton
Size queens mark out for anybody with those hunky arms, huh?
>>
>>2662740
Tbh, Orton is garbage, but Batista isn't. I'll take 05 Batista over anyone in the roster today, ESPECIALLY Finn and Rollins (inb4 BBD, he is garbage too).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.