[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The day wrestling died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: rip.gif (2MB, 315x220px) Image search: [Google]
rip.gif
2MB, 315x220px
The day wrestling died
>>
Range ban on Cornette's county when?
>>
She sold that pretty well, desu.
>>
Why do people call this shitcunt the best wrestler in the world. He's awful.
>>
>>2662216
Soooooooooo... Wrestling... Is... Fake...?
>>
>>2662303
Because to entry level smarks the best in the world is whoever the top gaijin in new japan is at the moment
>>
>>2662303
God damn it, she's only nine years old in that match. Giver her some time.
>>
>>2662303
>bashing a little girl
kys yourself
>>
>>2662303
kill yourself corny
>>
File: datguy.jpg (806KB, 750x1662px) Image search: [Google]
datguy.jpg
806KB, 750x1662px
>>2662351
>found the smart mark
>(you)
>>
>>2662428
look at the guy in the background
>>
>>2662216
I know the game has changed but fuck me if this doesn't rustle my jimmies cornette style.
>>
File: review3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
review3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
The Day That Wrestling Died
>>
File: IMG_4228.jpg (142KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4228.jpg
142KB, 2048x1152px
>>2662216
BASED CLEANER WORKING THE E DRONES
>>
File: 1486052567787.jpg (25KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
1486052567787.jpg
25KB, 600x422px
The Day On Which Wrestling Died
>>
>>2662744
>>2662216
I don't understand what's wrong with this.

People in the US still come up to you like retards saying, "You know wrestling's fake, right?". If we did shit like this, you could turn around and be like, "No shit, you fucking idiot".

Besides, its funny.
>>
File: 1483982495179.jpg (131KB, 1008x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483982495179.jpg
131KB, 1008x384px
The Day, that Wrestling Died
>>
>>2662777
and I thought it would never happen again. what a bummer
>>
>>2662769
anti-smarks are still obsessed with the concept of kayfabe in 2017
>>
>>2662769
>I don't understand what's wrong with this.
Suspension of disbelief.

It's like taking Breaking Bad, and making Gus Fring a 7 year old little girl running a drug cartel from kindergarten. Or if you took the New England Patriots and put them up against a high school team.

Even in the context of "fake" wrestling, this goes beyond "fake" into "pointlessly stupid".

No-one in their right mind can possibly suspend the disbelief of a grown man fighting a little girl, even in a 'fake' fight.
>>
>>2662809
It's performance art you idiot. No one complains when a child performs a routine in the circus with an adult.

Kids fight adults in martial arts movies and performances all the time and have been doing so for fucking ever.

Or how bout you look at it through shades of power levels. Gohan fought adults.

Or just kill yourself.
>>
>>2662935
>circus
No one cares about circus anymore
>marial arts movies
Haven't been popular in years
>anime
Only watched by manchildren
>>
>>2662303
6 stars
>>
>>2662935
>SEETHING!
>>
>>2662958
Nothing you said matters because it doesn't discount what I said. Not that this matters either but guess what else hasn't been popular in years? Professional grabass.
>>
File: WTF .gif (4MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
WTF .gif
4MB, 400x224px
>>
File: KennyOMentos.webm (2MB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
KennyOMentos.webm
2MB, 600x432px
>>
>>2662935
>It's performance art you idiot. No one complains when a child performs a routine in the circus with an adult.
Circus is a perfromance. Wrestling is supposed to be two or more people making it look like it's a real conflict.
>Kids fight adults in martial arts movies and performances all the time and have been doing so for fucking ever.
If a kid is a black belt and an adult is a bumbling idiot, then that is somewhat believable.
>Or how bout you look at it through shades of power levels. Gohan fought adults.
>using a fucking anime where people can fly and shoot fucking balls of energy at each other and trying to compare it to wrestling.
>>
>>2662216
That's amazing,literally art.
>>
>>2662958
>anime
>Only watched by manchildren
And japanese people.
Which is where this happened, right?

Why are you such a triggered little bitch?
>>
>>2663399
>Wrestling is supposed to be two or more people making it look like it's a real conflict.
And what would you call the process of doing that if NOT a performance?
inb4 you use some word that means exactly the same thing as "performance".
>tfw asspained smarks constantly try to reinvent the meanings of words to suit their stupid arguments

>If a kid is a black belt and an adult is a bumbling idiot, then that is somewhat believable.
No, its not. That's suspension of disbelief created by your own ignorance.

>"using a fucking anime... [bitch bitch bitch]... to compare it to wrestling."
Why wouldn't you compare fantasy to fantasy? Especially for something made in freaking JAPAN!
The STATE of smarks.
>>
>>2662935
This is legitimately one of the dumbest posts ive ever read on this board
>>
>>2663483
>Dumbest post
>guy is 100% right
ITS REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!
>>
>>2663498
Not him but why watch wrestling if you can't suspend yourself in disbelief?
Everyone clamored for Dbry v Lesnar for example which was downright retarded. (some still do even though his neck is glass)
>>
>>2663520
Why don't you ask yourself your own question, size queen?
>tfw "smart" marks don't know what "suspension of disbelief" even means

The answer to DBry and Lesnar being "retarded" is SUSPEND YOUR DISBELIEF, YOU MONG.
The fact that I'd be just fine watching a funny match with a guy jobbing to a little girl is because I CAN suspend my disbelief.
>>
File: lots of flipz.webm (3MB, 460x250px) Image search: [Google]
lots of flipz.webm
3MB, 460x250px
The day wrestling died.
>>
>>2663553
2nd best match ever only behind Okada vs Omega
>>
>>2663377
FINAL
ATOMIC

BUSTERRRRRR
>>
>>2663536
Lmao chill out dude I asked a simple question, actual seething over nothing. That's the point it's alot harder to suspend yourself in disbelief if one guy is vastly inferior strength and skill wise, he'd be fighting a UFC champion.

And yes size plays a huge factor when the big opponent is not slow or dumb like Braun. Technically and physically Dbry would have no chance against Lesnar. It's harder to ignore the truth (disbelief) if things become much harder to believe. Lesnar v Reigns was hard to believe but it was passable because of Roman's size and skill. Roman's offense was semi believable.

If you can suspend yourself in disbelief with the OP gif you have very little skepticism, which is a terrible trait to have in the modern world because almost everything is a ruse.
>>
>>2663399
Thank you for taking down that fuckwit. I didn't have the time earlier.
>>
>>2663553
I can hack everything up until the final fucking synchronised gymnastic showboating. Just no.

It's only slightly less worse than the fucking omega vs kid match.
>>
>>2663610
>That's the point it's alot harder to suspend yourself in disbelief if one guy is vastly inferior in size
ftfy

>Technically and physically Dbry would have no chance against Lesnar. It's harder to ignore the truth (disbelief)
So what you're saying is that you lack the ability to suspend your disbelief over something really stupid and superficial (the size of the performers).
Thus you get upset about modern wresting, which has no keyfabe, because you want it to be MMA, which it isn't.
And then when somebody explains to you that YOU are the problem rather than the product (cuz you're mr. "Its real to me, dammit"), you project your seething onto everyone else.

Seriously. I don't have to be upset to point out that you are cancer.
You just need to watch MMA, which will make you happy, rather than spewing autism all over wrestling conversations. Serious advice.
>>
File: fast joshis.webm (3MB, 618x248px) Image search: [Google]
fast joshis.webm
3MB, 618x248px
>>
>>2663610
>If you can suspend yourself in disbelief with the OP gif you have very little skepticism, which is a terrible trait to have in the modern world because almost everything is a ruse.

Chill out you autist, if you honestly can't see the difference between willingly suspending your disbelief and being fooled then you lack some critical thinking skills which is a terrible trait to have in the modern world.
>>
File: 1468983723345.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468983723345.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>2662216
Based Haruka carrying omegetty to a five star match
>>
>>2663682
>>2663699
I like this poster. Perhaps a first for /asp/.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 332x97px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 332x97px
>>2663777
Well then today's your lucky day.
There's two of us.
>>
>>2662769
>If we did shit like this, you could turn around and be like, "No shit, you fucking idiot".

Anon the undertaker and every gimmick like his exist, we can already do that. It use to be against the rules to break kayfabe but the moment gimmicks like that started wrestling had already stopped pretending to be real.
>>
>>2663789
Yeah, that's a good point, but even people who WATCH wrestling still wail and gnash teeth over the idea of Brock Lesnar vs a guy who's too small (i.e. size queens).

Taker might be supernatural, but he's still just a guy once the match starts.
>>
>>2663697
THIS IS WRESTLING CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP THIS IS WRESTLING CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT SHIT FIGHT FOREVER CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP FIGHT FOREVER CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
>>
>>2663682
>>2663699
>"heh look at this mark" posters
>>>/v/
>>
>>2663785
Mind blown
>>
>>2663880
Nigger, I made a legitimate recommendation that he would be happier watching MMA, because pro-wrestling will never NOT disturb the sensibilities of autistic people.
>>
>>2663697
Who are they? The dark haired joshi is cute!
>>
To the 2 autists arguing about circuses and shit... the one disagreeing with it bein performance art is wrong. It clearly is.

I have no issue with shit like in the OP. Just keep your base reality the same for your shows. Don't give me this shit on a show that is trying to be serious.
>>
>>2663937
People forget DDT is meant to be a comedy act. There's really nothing serious on their cards. It's a niche promotion for a niche audience. No one is saying they should be the future of wrestling.
>>
>>2663944
>No one is saying
I am saying.

In a world where you're actually going to enforce steroid policy, size queens will simply never be happy and they're going to stop watching eventually.

The future belongs to flippy shit, David v Goliath matches and an undercard full of raw novelty.
Vince McMahon thinks "novelty" means shit like that bull, El Dorito or whatever, but they need to get a lot crazier than that.
>>
>>2663967
There's a big difference between high risk, athletic spots and wrestling invisible people, or using your dick to flip someone or multiple people.
>>
>>2663996
Uh huh. And yet there has been no even REMOTELY recent spot that has actually gotten viral mainstream penetration EXCEPT the one where the guy flips somebody with his dick.

I doesn't matter if you don't like it, the free market is going to do its work.
>>
>>2664161
I already said there's a market for it. That also being said, it's never going to be for everyone or have the wide spread appeal of a more serious affair. Keep in mind DDT does tons of cross promotion with njpw and has remained about the same popularity throughout.
>>
>>2664183
It'll get there. Wrestling is a niche interest. That's why, in spite of the crying from purists, there's so much crossover in the fanbases with comics, vidya, anime, ect. And eventually, all of those start to bleed into each other.
>>
>>2663927
The dark-haired one is Yuhi, she's out of the business now because she botched a lot..The other one is Natsuki Taiyo
>>
>>2664197
Curiously, do you think hustle would work today?
>>
>>2664222
Had to look them up, and honestly it sounds like the kind of thing that could have worked the first time if it had been run properly, plus booked and written well.

Wiki was talking about some shit where the main villain died when the new villain appeared and deflected his lasers back at him and I'm like "yeah..."

See, just because crazy experimentation is good doesn't mean it always works. With an example like above, they need to realize that people who have access to avengers movies are not going to be impressed by any kind of sci-fi shit you put on the screen.
Every part of the product has to be focused on "fulfilling a demand". (Yes. I mean a "little girl beating up grown men" demand)
>>
File: sweatyy.jpg (38KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
sweatyy.jpg
38KB, 426x341px
>>2664205
Thanks anon.

>looks up Yuhi
>Yuhi retired from professional wrestling in March 2014, coinciding with her high school graduation.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (52KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
52KB, 525x700px
>>2662216
It's a part of Japanese culture. You'll never understand
>>
>>2664266
It's Toku meets wrestling. Hustle was the shit.
>>
>>2662448
He doesn't want to believe such a disgusting abomination exists.
>>
So what happened to that little girl? Is she wrestling?
>>
>>2663553
Which anime is this?
>>
Omega easily top 10 best performers all time you flags don't know shit fucking faggots lol
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.