[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: BRR.jpg (73KB, 1033x342px) Image search: [Google]
BRR.jpg
73KB, 1033x342px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>for the better of the good
This man fancies himself a professional writer.
>>
>>2660936
It's a work. Don't get excited.
>>
It means David Arquette Universal Title run incoming
>>
>>2660936
If the quote "History always repeats itself" is true , then it will happen and it also means that all quotes are true
>>
>>2660936
>Vic Venom needs money
>>
If he goes to Raw then it's okay. They have more underutilized guys.
>>
File: finn-balor-coup-de-grace-o.gif (516KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
finn-balor-coup-de-grace-o.gif
516KB, 320x180px
>>2660936

Finn = Russo
Itami = WWE
>>
He's crazy, delusional and desperate.

I like listening to Russo sometimes but god damn this is sad.

He keeps trying to contact WWE and get their attention, he did some weird shit about 2 years ago called the 'dear vince' project, he also talked about sending Vince emails constantly and all that.
>>
Russo is a mark for his own shit.

A truly damaged man.
>>
>>2661070
>>2661074
Cornette pls go
>>
Literally what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2661070
Seriously. He's like a crazy ex gf who can't get over the relationship at this point
>>
He would be better off trying to get a job at TNA since Jeff Jarrett and Bruce Pritchard are running things again

Also Vince McMahon's PG 'scared of shareholders/advertisers' company would mean Russo wouldn't be able to do anything good on their shows anyway
>>
>p-please notice me senpai
>>
>>2660943

Cornette was right this guy really can't read.
>>
>>2660954
id be all for it at this stage

wwe fans and the business take themselves too seriously nowadays. need some dumb tmz shit to liven it up
>>
>>2661420
>Jeff Jarrett and Bruce Pritchard are running things again

just fuck my brand up senpai
>>
>>2660936

One thing I never understood. Why is he JUSTing himself in his own picture? He could have had it done anyway possible but choose one where he looks like old desperate washed up man that he is.
>>
>>2661499
At least it will be more 'wrestling' and less 'sports entertainment'

Dutch Mantel is their head writer as well
>>
>>2661580
WWE is right now more wrestling than sports entertainment. What actual storylines are going on that isn't straight out of the 80's?

And having dutch "i don't really do anything but put two people in a match" mantel is not helping your case.
>>
Based Russo coming back to save wrestling again. The meme wrestling experiment is over, time for actual proper storylines and tits again. BASED
>>
>>2661605

Yes because it's not like WWE had a hard enough time getting advertisers, let's go back Russo 90s trash tv.
>>
>>2661420
russo said jarrett does not want to work with him anymore.
>>
>>2661673

Yeah, we best not go back to the time when more than 5 people were watching and wrestling was culturally relevant.
>>
"i hate television ratings" - the average internet smark
>>
>>2661693
>>2661698
but but muh fan engagement
wait, are you telling me that doesn't translate to ratings?
>>
>>2661693

The number of people watching the show is irrelevant if you can't sell ads on it for a high price. So you want to make it even harder to do so with a product no major company would associate themselves with?

That's exactly why Spike told TNA to get rid of Russo, and then booted their ass off the channel when they didn't.
>>
https://youtu.be/oanCf1DYqNE?t=3m52s

Here is HHH completely burying Russo
>>
>>2661605

The best part of the attitude era with the best storylines and tits was after he left.

>>2661693

Culturally relevant during a very small period of time when being an edgy teenager was mainstream. The Attitude Era was not for adults like spazy dudes like to say, it was for teenagers and college kids that played beer pong.
>>
>>2662237
This
>>
>>2660954
Might as well give the title to Miz after he defeats Brock Lesnar.
>>
>>2660936
What the fuck is a better of a good?
>>
>>2662237
Objectively wrong. The peak of the attitude era in 1999 was when he was in charge.
>>
>>2660936
He's already working with them. Just look at RAM.
>>
>>2662488
>best part of AE was 1999
2000, 2001 pre-invasion are superior in every way. literally the peak of WWWF/WWF/WWE.
>>
>Made Hugh Morris the leader of the second biggest stable of 2000 WCW
Russo working the faggots
>>
>>2662230
This is really interesting stuff.
>>
You know what? Fuck it. Give him the reigns to the company because it's all going downhill anyway.
>>
>>2662541
18+
>>
He could go to SD with Road D-O-G-G and Ward
>>
>>2661420
Dixie was the idiot that thought Russo was worth something. Jarrett knows he would kill his promotion.
>>
so why doesn't some meme promotion like chikara hire him? im sure playing his ideas straight would make for great comedy
>>
>>2663175
I honestly can't imagine a human being more opposed to Russo than Mike Quackenbush.
>>
>>2661673

You know what has an even harder time getting advertising deals? Shows with no viewers.

Vince put a giant hole in his boat for short term gains.
>>
File: 1492941605728.gif (857KB, 136x138px) Image search: [Google]
1492941605728.gif
857KB, 136x138px
>>2660936
>>
>>2664913
The fallacy here is you're assuming Russo would bring people back in droves.

What would happen is he'd hotshot a bunch of shit, spike interest for a very short time, he'd have no way out of any of it, and then people would leave in droves. You wanna talk about putting a giant hole in the boat for short term gain, that's describing Russo to a T.
>>
>>2664924

>The fallacy here is you're assuming Russo would bring people back in droves.

Where did I say that? I was talking more about the so-called "trash TV", which didn't begin or end with Russo.

Vince made a number of large missteps following the purchase of WCW. Easily the biggest of these was the gradual, escalating attempt to distance the brand FROM THE VERY REASON WHY ANYONE GAVE A SHIT TO BEGIN WITH. Something as testosterone-driven as the mandrama cannot survive as a sanitized corporate-friendly product that kneels to Bible-thumpers, soccer moms, angry lesbians, and every other perpetually outraged authoritarian who's trying to bend society around their feelings/ideology. It needs to be rough, it needs to be sexy, and it needs to make zero apologies.

>the advertisers didn't like it

You know what basically no advertiser likes, regardless of their agenda otherwise? Paying money just to have nobody see their ad. You know what they do like? Potential customers seeing their ads.

And this is why killing your viewerbase will never be an intelligent long term business strategy, assuming that you want your business to actually survive.

>it would bring people back

Your average wrestling fan doesn't know who Russo is, so no, it wouldn't.

There is no quick fix solution for WWE at this point. The best that they can do is re-cultivate a masculine blue-collar atmosphere and breed a new generation of stars within this atmosphere. Preferably, they'll do this while they still have money.
>>
>>2660936
YES! WWE Needs to hire Russo so that this shit company dies even faster

BASED AF
>>
>>2664964
>The best that they can do is re-cultivate a masculine blue-collar atmosphere
No, not really.

Just write well. Write characters that people will care about, write storylines that will make sense, let the wrestlers wrestle and talk in a way that will get them over. It's not quick, but it sure is simple -- just treat your audience like adults and give your talent a chance to get over.

They're intentionally not doing that at this point though because if somebody becomes a superstar, there's a tipping point when they need WWE less than WWE needs them and that's the point where they can just leave.
>>
>>2664976

Wrestling has a very specific framework that it needs to stick to. It's about dudes going out into the ring and kicking each other's asses.

They can either make this primarily about a bunch of rough, manly guys who play by their own rules and love their alcohol, sex, and brawls or primarily about a bunch of overachieving athletes. We've been seeing the latter, right along with how boring it is. The market for that product is small. The former is infinitely more interesting, and they need to go back to it.

>They're intentionally not doing that at this point though because if somebody becomes a superstar, there's a tipping point when they need WWE less than WWE needs them and that's the point where they can just leave.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Where would they leave to? You also realize that star power leaving doesn't instantly make their new home the hottest place in town, right?
>>
>>2664985
Rock, Cena and Punk all left. That's what I'm talking about. Guys who become superstars reach a point where they don't need WWE anymore and can get gigs on their own with their own name.

> We've been seeing the latter, right along with how boring it is.
Pro-tip: Boring writing makes anything boring.

If it was a bunch of coked up brawlers but they still had terrible dialog, boring feuds and 50/50 booking, it'd still be shit.
>>
>>2664992

If you start with a boring premise, you're going to get a boring story. The fact that a good premise can go to shit in execution does not place it on even standing with a bad premise.

Wrestling that cuts loose every week has the potential to be a cultural phenomena. It's not doomed to mediocrity from the outset, unlike sanitized wrestling. Testosterone is the key ingredient to making a story about two guys kicking each other's asses in the ring into an interesting story.
>>
>>2663105
>Trusting Jarrett to be intelligent about anything
>After the GFW debacle

Lolwat
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.