[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Vince hate money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Roman-Reigns.jpg (115KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Roman-Reigns.jpg
115KB, 679x1024px
>walks out on RAWR
>smug, entitled, talking about everyone he's beaten and how now he wants Brock
>icangetbehindthis.jpg
>confronts Balor
>instantly reverts to cringy tryhard babyface
>>
>Comes out on Raw after Mania
>Announcers are acknowledging the boos.
>Roman is encouraging the chants by not saying anything
>Short, simple promo (MUH YARD line is stupid, but whatever), leaves immediately.
>Next week, back to Beloved By All Underdog Babyface

W H A T
D I D
T H E Y
M E A N
B Y
T H I S
>>
>>2660235
Vince loves money.

He'd rather have advertising dollars than fans money. You should be happy about that. Let Snickers fund the show, not you.
>>
>>2660250
Okay, that's fine. Snickers money is great. I for one love the rich, creamy taste of Snickers.

I'm just saying. He could have both. Honestly, Vince is acting kind of dumb. He's probably hungry. He's not himself when he's hungry. He should eat a Snickers. Snickers satisfies.
>>
>>2660260
Why would Vince purposely sabotage something he invested millions of dollars in? This is the problem with these theories. There is no reason to fuck yourself over when you're putting this much money out there.
>>
>>2660272
Prichard actually talked a little about this on his podcast (not talking about Roman in particular, just the way Vince thinks). That when Vince gets something stuck in his head, it doesn't matter who disagrees with him or how much money it costs, he's going to prove everyone wrong.

The difference between Roman and every other whitemeat babyface experiment Vince has tried (Warrior, Lex, Shawn, Diesel, Rock), he's kept it going for years with no sign of slowing, stopping, or altering the approach. Even Cena acknowledged the boos after a while, and his entire championship match with HHH at Mania 22 was built around the question of his credibility as a wrestler.

Then there's Roman. A guy who was born to play heel, and who has a sky-high ceiling as an ass-kicking anti-hero is stuck playing a character that even Hulk Hogan finally gave up on twenty years ago.
>>
>>2660318
>That when Vince gets something stuck in his head, it doesn't matter who disagrees with him or how much money it costs, he's going to prove everyone wrong.
Prichard knows it firsthand too, considering the amount of crazy shit he and the booking team had to talk Vince out of (making Tugboat of all people the pro-Iraqi heel for Hogan).

Also remember that Roman is a complete creation of the WWE machine (IIRC he was trained at the Performance Center and has never worked outside of WWE's circle ever, even Cena spent a year in the indies, not to mention his family ties) and Roman is probably Vince's last shot at proving everyone that he can make a star without outside help.
>>
>>2660318
Roman doesn't even have a character though, he's just a big greasy looking guy. He would fit well in a tag team with someone like himself but who can cut a good promo. You have these 2 large guys who look menacing and then you have your littler guys being man handled.

Basically Roman is Kane in the attitude era. He's rarely center stage but he's always a threat and he's a B+/A- performer who can be used as a main event for against the A+ people to stop the PPVs all being main evented by the same 3 guys shuffling round.
>>
>>2660318
>>2660235
It's funny, the easiest, biggest, most heat thing Roman could ever do, it react back to the fans.
I would love for him to get on the mic, people start booing, and Roman says to the crowd "Shut the hell up"

And go like full Kurt Angle. "You boo me even though I am the guy and I've beaten pretty much every one" blah blah.

Shit would be amazing.
But it's never going to happen unless they can find a new big face.
I think if Balor was never injured. I think Roman would have had a better chance at turning heel.
>>
>>2660342
>Roman doesn't even have a character though, he's just a big greasy looking guy. He would fit well in a tag team with someone like himself but who can cut a good promo. You have these 2 large guys who look menacing and then you have your littler guys being man handled.
You could literally replace Cass with Roman and it would probably be the same shit. Except Roman has a better look, so it actually might be even better. Roman could wrestle, Enzo can talk.
>>
>>2660356
I was thinking more like a little Jew who can talk for him. Brock is taking Roman's role basically. He's easily Kane 2.0 where he focuses more on feuds than belts but belts get involved here and there.
>>
>>2660356
Roman's a way better wrestler than Cass, granted, Roman works with much better guys than Cass
>>
>>2660342
>Roman doesn't even have a character though

Neither did Rocky Maivia or The Ringmaster, until they were allowed to show a little personality. Who the hell knows what kind of promo Roman can cut? We just know that he's shit at regurgitating the lines they script for him, but so was Mick Foley, one of the greatest talkers ever.

That's the weirdest piece of the Roman puzzle to me. Even AJ, who's had a rocket strapped to his ass for the last year, has been given the sort of lines he can deliver like he believes in them. But literally no one could get over the shit Roman is told to say.

Christ, no one had less character than the Usos, and they're entertaining as hell now. It's not that their scripts are million dollar material, but they're delivering them with honest emotion and sincerity. Where is any of that with Roman?
>>
>>2660250
>Vince loves money.

The_past_16_years_of_WWE_booking.avi

>>2660272
>Sunken cost fallacy

>>2660448
>Who the hell knows what kind of promo Roman can cut?

He's boring without a script too. During those talking heads segments on The Shield DVD he's even outshined by Rollins.
>>
>>2660448
>It's not that their scripts are million dollar material,
Their "IT'S NOT PARANOIA" shtick is legitimately an awesome line.
>>
>>2660500
I don't enjoy their gimmick, but I do love that line even though it really doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>2660244
Vince having alzheimers is one of the only logical scenarios
>>
>>2660456

The_past_9_years_of_WWE_booking.avi**

FTFY. RA was a close second to the attitude era.
>>
>>2660351
The funny thing is he can do this as a babyface. All commentary has to do is acknowledge the people booing him are obese smarks.
>>
>>2660250
>Vince loves money.
explain the invasion, pushing hbk ahead of austin, thinking rocky maivia was a good character, turning austin heel in texas at wrestlemania, burying the nexus, using the summer of punk to put over kevin nash and triple h, pushing Roman reigns for three years of falling tv ratings and much much more?
>>
>>2660559
>explain the invasion

Too many moving parts for it ever to work properly. What we got was something like Plan G. And it's not like having Mike Awesome go over The Rock would have made it better. (Killing DDP sucked though)

>pushing hbk ahead of austin

18+ Austin was being built for Mania 14 and Shawn jobbed for him there.

>thinking rocky maivia was a good character

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. That Vince recognized a great talent and pushed him hard? The presentation of Rocky was shitty, but it at least made more sense in 96-97 than it does now.

>turning austin heel in texas at wrestlemania

Austin's idea all the way. Only thing Vince is guilty of there is trusting his talent, something we generally wish he would do more of now.

>burying the nexus

And nothing of value was lost.

>using the summer of punk to put over kevin nash and triple h

I... I got nothing here.

>pushing Roman reigns for three years

There's nothing wrong with pushing Roman. It's the way he's pushed that's killing him.
>>
>>2660244
That old carny fuck and his arrogance is killing WWE faster than the death of TV
>>
>>2660710
>Too many moving parts for it ever to work properly
The main reason it didn't work is because vince would never paint WCW as a credible threat. Obviously Mike Awesome going over the rock would be dumb but Booker T or RVD going over a top WWE guy wouldn't.

>18+ Austin was being built for Mania 14
Austin did his 3:16 speech in 1996 and it took Vince almost two years to give him the ball - you might remember that in the meanwhile, Vince pushed HBK, Undercarder and fucking Sid whilst WCW steamrolled WWE.

>nothing of value was lost
Wade Barrett should have been a top heel, he was over and had the right look and promos.

>there's nothing wrong with pushing Roman
3 years of declining ratings when Bryan and Seth managed to pop the ratings when they became champ suggest otherwise. Reigns winning the belt lead to the RAW after mania dropping over 1 million viewers from the year before.
>>
>>2660719
>Reigns winning the belt lead to the RAW after mania dropping over 1 million viewers from the year before

You see, Anti-Smarks love to jerk off Roman because it's funny or because they don't trust Smark judgement but this is the harsh truth.

Casual viewers, not marks or e-drones or whatever terminology you want to use, don't like him and don't like the bigger picture he's associated with.

Roman is ratings poison.
>>
>>2660719
>Austin did his 3:16 speech in 1996 and it took Vince almost two years to give him the ball - you might remember that in the meanwhile, Vince pushed HBK, Undercarder and fucking Sid whilst WCW steamrolled WWE.
Watching 1996 WWF, it amazes me that Vince didn't think to give Austin a massive push to the top after KOTR 1996 and it took Bret choosing him as his comeback feud for Austin to even touch the main event scene.

Roman is damaged goods at this point, he could've worked as a main eventer in the past but Vince has destroyed any chance he has of getting over as a face.
>>
>>2660719
>The main reason it didn't work is because vince would never paint WCW as a credible threat.

You mean the guys that WWF had just fucking run out of business? I love me some Booker T, but he wasn't a credible threat to The Rock and Austin at that point. Now, if you want to say that Vince should have moved heaven and earth to bring in Goldberg, Flair, and Sting, I'm not going to argue, but I can also understand why they didn't.

Imagine being Vince and having to explain to Steve Austin why Goldberg is making more money than you, and that you now need to put him over to make WCW a "credible threat".

>Austin did his 3:16 speech in 1996 and it took Vince almost two years to give him the ball - you might remember that in the meanwhile, Vince pushed HBK, Undercarder and fucking Sid whilst WCW steamrolled WWE.

The fuck are you talking about? Winning King of the Ring /was/ Vince giving him the ball. By November he was in an iconic feud with Bret Hart, he won the Royal Rumble 97, main evented against Taker after Wrestlemania, and spent the summer single-handedly taking on the Nation of Domination and the Hart Foundation until Owen broke his neck, even after which he was never taken off TV.

>Wade Barrett should have been a top heel, he was over and had the right look and promos.

Holy shit, I forgot about Wade! What's he been doing lately?

*Checks Wikipedia*

>"He is currently signed to Pro Wrestling Pakistan."

... the fuck?

>3 years of declining ratings when Bryan and Seth managed to pop the ratings when they became champ suggest otherwise.

I agree. Vince should have hitched his wagon to Bryan when he had the chance, and I fucking hate the way Roman's pushed. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a good performer with a great look who would have been marked out as a star no matter who was booking. He's been handled like shit, and it might be too late to save him, but that doesn't make the attempt wrong.
>>
>>2660761
Austin only won kotr because triple h was being punished.
>>
>>2660559
Explain the part where Vince lost you dingus. Revenue keeps going up shit head. Vince doesn't give a shit about the storylines you fucking mark. You think he wants to pay some writers good money? The only that matters is appeasing the sponsors and stock holders with kid friendly, non threatening "entertainment"

If you don't like what happens on the show, stop watching kids shows!
>>
>>2660235
It's weird that in their match last week, the commentators were treating Balor like the heel. Reigns even won by crotch shooting Balor
>>
>>2660500
>>2660501

i believe that is a play on "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you"

but that could be wrong.
>>
>>2660761
>He's been handled like shit, and it might be too late to save him, but that doesn't make the attempt wrong.

My biggest problem with the Roman push, besides his utter lack of moveset and chaotic character work, is that Vince is willing to burn the rest of the roster to the ground if it means getting Roman over.

Best case scenario, Roman finally gets over and has zero credible opponents because he's crushed them all.
Worst case, Roman is still a despised charisma vacuum with three moves and everyone else on the roster looks shit too.

Imagine if he gave 10% of the effort of Roman's push to other wrestlers. He'd have 8 more legit main eventers by now.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.