[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJPW's gonna get stomped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_3823-540x360.jpg (17KB, 540x360px)
DSC_3823-540x360.jpg
17KB, 540x360px
> New Japan’s sales have increased annually since 2012, and the trend is set to continue in 2017. NJPW is projecting sales of 3.7 billion Yen (roughly $33.4 million) for their 2017 reporting period. New Japan is projecting sales of 4.5 billion Yen for 2018, with a goal of 5 billion.

> In terms of merch sales, Kidani said that New Japan’s numbers are around ‘a fifth to a quarter’ of WWE’s, but that in the realm of digital goods/distribution, things are not even close.

> Kidani announced a goal of a full house at the Tokyo Dome by 2020.‘We want 40-45k tickets sold. A sold number of over 40k we can call a full house.’ Kidani stated due to increased media exposure and active promotion, attendance across the country has improved.

> A goal of 100k subscribers to the NJPW World service. Of the 50k current subscribers to NJPW World, 10k are outside Japan, in addition to 200k weekly viewers of New Japan’s AXS TV show in US.

> Kidani declared intention to increase live streamed shows from NJPW and ROH, Rev Pro, and CMLL and increase archived content.

> Both G1 Special cards sold out in 2 hours. Extra seating was made available, and these tickets sold out in 2 minutes. Kidani surmised that ‘personally, I think we can run in buildings twice that size’.

> Kidani plans to start a US subsidiary next year, as well as an American dojo, and the IWGP US title announced at ROH. Kidani stated that the company’s strengths are ‘presenting the best in ring wrestling in the world, a long history, and an original product not available anywhere else.’ Kidani also stated a desire to sell American cable networks on NJPW content.

> Kidani wants the product to be presented ‘as is’ to American fans. Kidani talked about working with American promotions to nurture new talent, and bringing a Japanese style touring promotion to a US territory.

Will NJPW flourish around the world, or will Vinny Mac stomp em into the ground? One of these answers is correct.
>>
I love njpw but they are getting stomped. Wwe is too big and casuals don't know of or don't care for njpw.
>>
>>2659374
>literally every single time AJ, The Club, Finn, or Shinsuke come out Cole +or JBL Praise NJPW and the IWGP Belts
>>
>>2659385
Ok. And?
>>
Can they get a good TV deal in the US?

If they can, they have a chance. If they can't, it'll be tough to get any bigger than they are.

2019-2020 is gonna be really interesting. Imagine if WWE is trying to renew their deal for as much money as possible and New Japan undercuts them.
>>
>>2659385
The average viewer gives no fucks. You know. The ones that buy the crap they shill.
>>
>>2659385
Yes but burgers and causals are lazy as shit to look for footage of New Japan matches. Plus to see it on TV you have to have a really deluxe cable plan to even watch it on AXS TV.

On the other hand WWE really shot themselves in the foot for not steaming shows from the other independent promotions. New Japan saw that and are now exploiting it.
>>
>>2659400
Basically, they need to get a much better TV situation than AXS. I'm not expecting them to get on FS1 or ESPN or something (since both of those are bleeding anyway) but they gotta do something.
>>
>>2659407
FS1 might not be a bad idea, but only the problem is that UFC has a good hold on that. WWE has a better chance at ESPN than New Japan though.
>>
>>2659363
All Vince have to do is offer NJPW big stars like Okada, Tanahashi, Omega and Naito a few million bucks (chump change for Vince) and NJPW is finished. He already took Finn, AJ, Shinsuke, Gallows, Anderson from them and he can kill it whenever he wanted to, but there is no fun in that. NJPW isn't even that big yet, they're just trying to go "global".
>>
>>2659429
They already tried and failed to get Omega and you're crazy if you think they didn't try to get the other three too.
>>
>>2659363
When NJPW releases their action figure line through BANDAI and see how well they sell, thats when Vince will start feeling threatened.

.. That old fart probably thinks Inoki is still running New Japan lmfao
>>
>>2659441
I honestly doubt they ever really tried to get the other three desu
>>
>>2659429
Once Brock leaves, Vince will have $12m to throw at the nips. He will do to them what Haich is doing to Stardom.

Apparently, the Bullet Club guys were getting zero money from merchandise, if their interviews on Talk is Jericho is to be believed.

And everyone who came over from Japan has been given titles. They weren't buried like Okada was at TNA.
>>
>>2659407
I would recommend Spike but they've pissed away every major sports brand they've worked with.
>WWE
>TNA
>UFC
They've had success with Bellator tho.
>>
File: IMG_4400.jpg (115KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4400.jpg
115KB, 960x720px
all they need to do right now is just wait for the E to kill itself with its rapidly declining ratings, then no one can stop based Kidani and GOAT Japan
>>
>>2659482
I think he assume he still has relationships with NJPW even though they haven't really had relationships in over 32 years outside of talks of a talent exchange that went no where
>>
>>2659640
This, Vince will kill all things NJPW. Vince sees foreign promotions like he saw the territories back in the day. Vince is competitive and will crush anything he sees as competition.
>>
>>2659441
WRONG
They tried to get him with a developmental deal. He's always said he was going to sign it before AJ and co left.
>>
File: the belt.jpg (38KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
the belt.jpg
38KB, 450x300px
>>2659773
this

they're too based to lose this war

NJPW will kill Vince McMahon, say it
>>
>>2659363
>Kidani announced a goal of a full house at the Tokyo Dome by 2020
SUPERPOWER BY 2020
>>
>>2659829
He was already in WWE development when he first signed I don't know why Vince and Haitch insist on putting people who already went through development twice.
>>
>>2659852
He was gonna be in NXT. It's not like they never resigned someone twice for developmental. I remember hearing him talk about it with Lance and Cyrus
>Who is Chris Hero
>>
File: Mlady.jpg (31KB, 305x434px) Image search: [Google]
Mlady.jpg
31KB, 305x434px
>>2659831
>NJPW will kill Vince McMahon
>>
>>2659864
Tye Dillinger and Drew too
>>
File: IMG_20170517_193422.jpg (30KB, 538x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170517_193422.jpg
30KB, 538x314px
>>
>>2659831
WWEs quarterly revenue is more than NJPWs year end. Vince could end NJPW if he wanted.
>>
>>2659937
It would be pretty funny
>>
But why does it even been to be a competition? Obviously NJPW won't even come close to WWE in the future, but they can definitely become A presence in America. It's not like they're gonna fail either.
>>
>>2659943
I agree, unless you're a shareholder or some shit why would you even give a shit?

I watch both shows knowing that one is shit tier sports entertainment and the other is a wrestling show and I like them for different reasons.
>>
>>2659978
This, I do respect what Vince has built his company into though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.